Unofficial Preview RD 13 - Bye week and 2023 season assessment thus far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Would hate it to be the Lions. Would be a blow out towards any Victorian team that faces them.

If we can't win it I'm on the Port train as well, but really just want the best game possible. You never know, but that doesn't look like being the Lions at present.

Still reckon we're a huge shout, but the next two weeks we'll tell us a lot.

I'm not exactly on the Port bandwagon, but I think it could present an interesting conundrum for them should they win the flag this year

They're now on a 10 game winning streak which is the longest in their AFL history, they're looking pretty good at the moment but even with all that, after Hardwick's departure from Richmond, there's still a lot of noise linking him to Port & being their senior coach from next year

If Port win the flag, do they do find reasons to part ways with Hinkley or where does it leave Hardwick if there was some backroom discussions about him coming on board from 2024 only for that to be dismissed?

The thing is, as long as we stay at the G we're a chance to win it. Pies and then Melbourne are the teams to beat, I would back us at full strength to beat anyone else at the G.

Don't trust the interstate teams or rate the Doggies, Bombers, Saints as real threats for the flag. And Pies might still have a case of the wobbles in them and choke.

We need to remind everyone who the best team in the comp is.

Last edited:

So bored in bye and updated my ladder predictor. I have us losing the next two as we get all back but not fully functional and against two top teams (I actually think melbourne at home could be a win for us but I said no for now). Then I had us winning all home games and only losing to really good teams away.

shows how tight as we get in on % (which I did not update) but an unpredicted win or lose changes everything (so yes it is useless!). But I think getting 7-8 is a realistic expectation. From there….

Attachments

• IMG_2995.jpeg
    IMG_2995.jpeg
    394.1 KB · Views: 36
I'm not exactly on the Port bandwagon, but I think it could present an interesting conundrum for them should they win the flag this year

They're now on a 10 game winning streak which is the longest in their AFL history, they're looking pretty good at the moment but even with all that, after Hardwick's departure from Richmond, there's still a lot of noise linking him to Port & being their senior coach from next year

If Port win the flag, do they do find reasons to part ways with Hinkley or where does it leave Hardwick if there was some backroom discussions about him coming on board from 2024 only for that to be dismissed?
Has a premiership coach ever been sacked?? I think the closest thing would have to be malthouse with buckley which in hindsight was the wrong call after they won a grand final and then lost a grand final 12 months later.

I cant see it happening if he wins it. Surely not?? That is the pinnacle of why you coach.

I dont think history is showing any favour for old past time coaches returning to coach... Has it worked out of late for anyone with a flag??

I think history shows the best method is go out and identify the best young up and coming coach and give him the job as opposed to the old 10-15+ yr veteran who may be past the expiry date..

When scott decides to hang it up, i want us to get the next chris scott... Not try and grab yesteryears hero coacj

So bored in bye and updated my ladder predictor. I have us losing the next two as we get all back but not fully functional and against two top teams (I actually think melbourne at home could be a win for us but I said no for now). Then I had us winning all home games and only losing to really good teams away.

shows how tight as we get in on % (which I did not update) but an unpredicted win or lose changes everything (so yes it is useless!). But I think getting 7-8 is a realistic expectation. From there….
Might want to revise your Freo prediction. The Gold Coast one is pretty wild too.

Melbourne really struggled against Gold Coast away. Would be interesting if they came down to Geelong as favourites.

Might want to revise your Freo prediction. The Gold Coast one is pretty wild too.

Melbourne really struggled against Gold Coast away. Would be interesting if they came down to Geelong as favourites.
Yep freo predictions might not age well 2 hours later - I just thought they may win most at home.
Gold Coast I am more bullish on. bold I know but I think they might surprise.
I might have been harsh on saints too

Yep freo predictions might not age well 2 hours later - I just thought they may win most at home.
Gold Coast I am more bullish on. bold I know but I think they might surprise.
I might have been harsh on saints too
Richmond are trying to make my post look as foolish as possible anyway!

But my point is there are a lot of average teams 3rd through 11th. Expect some seemingly odd dropped games to be an ever present.

I don't think Saints are great but with their fixture list they are a smokey for top 4.

Richmond are trying to make my post look as foolish as possible anyway!

But my point is there are a lot of average teams 3rd through 11th. Expect some seemingly odd dropped games to be an ever present.

I don't think Saints are great but with their fixture list they are a smokey for top 4.
Yep. When you do the ladder predictor and change a small number of games it makes a big difference.

Yep. When you do the ladder predictor and change a small number of games it makes a big difference.
That's what makes it tricky. We wouldn't have picked our recent losses 6 weeks ago. I don't think it's foolish to anticipate others slipping at times.

With the Cats...round 14 may be our strongest team of the year? It's when the litmus tests really start for me. Being upset with half a side out and kicking at goal horrendously hasn't swayed me that much. If we lose to Port, Melbourne, St Kilda and so on of course I'll reassess.

Gold coast will be lucky to make the 8 theres no way they get to 5th.

I agree we will be 7th/8th though.

Last year Sydney were 7th after round 13 and a couple of weeks later had a 9-6 record going into the home stretch.

Geelong are 9th after round 13. Find a way to beat Port Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney over the next 3 weeks and we'd be in an identical position. We'd also be level on points with Melbourne.

Huge game on Thursday. Lose and I think our charge will be for a finals spot rather than top 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back