Sports Your favourite pieces of sports commentary

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember Bruce's commentary of Ben Johnson at 1988 Olympics as being inspiring at the time, but it subsequently lost its gloss after Johnson was done for doping.

The most memorable part for me is a small but very prescient bit, where when referring to the new world record, Bruce qualifies it with "If it's legal"; surely referring to the possibility of it not counting due to wind assistance, but ultimately having a very different impact.

Found a call here:

The most memorable part for me is a small but very prescient bit, where when referring to the new world record, Bruce qualifies it with "If it's legal"; surely referring to the possibility of it not counting due to wind assistance, but ultimately having a very different impact.

Found a call here:

I do wonder if that's a regular thing that Bruce & other commentators would say in this type of scenario.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genuinely great player too, won the MVP and a title with the Blazers in the same year. Even played some good basketball at the Celtics during his comeback and won another title.
When he was a college basketballer he got permission from his coach to smoke after he played to relax. He also went on tour with the Dead when they played the pyramids in Giza because he was recovering from injury at time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back