• Good - Enjoyabe, but could be some fine tuning

Votes: 45 28.5%
  • Average - Its ok, but there needs to be some improvements

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Poor - What a disaster

Votes: 5 3.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The mods seem to have a great way of keeping the Port Adelaide spirit on here. This forum has made the dark years bearable (Think ETW) and the good years better. Cheers guys. Here's to a new year and hopefully a flag.

I don't get on here much. When I do I find it a good read and get glued on here for a while. I don't post much as when I hook on most of what I would say has already been said which means that comments are usually well thought out, relevant and highly intelligent ;). It is a great forum filled with great and passionate Port supporters like myself. Keep up the good work.

PS
It is also great recognition of the standard of this forum when the club we support will visit and acknowledge its opinions and have one of its moderators do player reviews that are posted on its club website. Most clubs will run far away from its own supporters personal views and opinions, even when they are relevant where our club embraces it.

Can I make a suggestion? - perhaps change the title of the existing "4th umpire thread", to something like "General umpiring discussion 2015", so that all relevant discussion points regarding umpiring/umpires, can be put in the one thread throughout this season..

I don't get on here much. When I do I find it a good read and get glued on here for a while. I don't post much as when I hook on most of what I would say has already been said which means that comments are usually well thought out, relevant and highly intelligent ;). It is a great forum filled with great and passionate Port supporters like myself. Keep up the good work.

PS
It is also great recognition of the standard of this forum when the club we support will visit and acknowledge its opinions and have one of its moderators do player reviews that are posted on its club website. Most clubs will run far away from its own supporters personal views and opinions, even when they are relevant where our club embraces it.
Never seen you post before.........join date, 2002. Way to fly under the radar :p

Can I make a suggestion? - perhaps change the title of the existing "4th umpire thread", to something like "General umpiring discussion 2015", so that all relevant discussion points regarding umpiring/umpires, can be put in the one thread throughout this season..
I feel the thread would need to be deleted every game as it would just become overloaded with complaints by half time.

I feel the thread would need to be deleted every game as it would just become overloaded with complaints by half time.

Then we should just call it the "When is 5AA on, featuring umpiring conspiracies and personal attacks on graham cornes."

Then we should just call it the "When is 5AA on, featuring umpiring conspiracies and personal attacks on graham Cornes"
Describe him? That's hard. I don't know if I can. He is smallish, and oldish, and brownish, and mossy. He speaks with a voice that is sharpish and bossy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Describe him? That's hard. I don't know if I can. He is smallish, and oldish, and brownish, and mossy. He speaks with a voice that is sharpish and bossy.

That is the exact description of a skool prune(misspelling intended) given by Nigel Molesworth in the Geoffrey Willans book "How To Be Topp".

People need to be able to post openly of questions. Even if they are silly to some people, just say I think this should be deleted. Instead of taking your own personal issues into the forum and abusing other posters people should just say delete this thread or whatever instead of just abusing the poster. If you see 5 posts above of abuse to the poster do you really need to add another 'ffs' just to get some cheap likes..?

If you have moderators who stick up for the majorities in all cases and has no issues with just abusing other posters then they aren't doing a very good job as a mod.

I always thought our supporters in person are great and even if you have a question which seems stupid just say delete this or something not abuse the poster for cheap likes. Thought we had a really good board over the years and hopefully the downward trend of the arrogance and pedestal placing of some posters doesn't continue as we get better, because this is supposed to be a community board of posters who all love port adelaide. It isn't the bay and all posters should feel welcomed here to post otherwise the board is just acting like the bay and turning away good Port Adelaide posters.

It's just more that people took it out of context. I didn't once blame the loss we had on phil Walsh leaving us. I just wanted to know what people's thoughts would be on losing him with adelaides different game style.

In the game thread there were people a lot less optimistic than me and angry yet they shouldn't take that anger out on other posters. If you are that angry about a pre season game, why bother being abusive to other posters and adding nothing constructive.

We need an interstate mod so we can have tighter moderation in game day threads.
Hey :cool:

It's just more that people took it out of context. I didn't once blame the loss we had on phil Walsh leaving us. I just wanted to know what people's thoughts would be on losing him with adelaides different game style.

In the game thread there were people a lot less optimistic than me and angry yet they shouldn't take that anger out on other posters. If you are that angry about a pre season game, why bother being abusive to other posters and adding nothing constructive.
So... you wanted to talk about Adelaide's game plan? Lol. I don't think it was unreasonable that you received backlash, maybe if you had some actual discussion to kick off the thread instead of simply raising a spur of the moment question, it wouldn't have gone downhill so fast.

Hey :cool:

So... you wanted to talk about Adelaide's game plan? Lol. I don't think it was unreasonable that you received backlash, maybe if you had some actual discussion to kick off the thread instead of simply raising a spur of the moment question, it wouldn't have gone downhill so fast.

Yeah the change in ganeplan that you could obviously see from the game was the reasoning behind asking what people thought the loss of Walsh would be. Yes, I know it was fair enough as it was interpreted wrong I just don't think you need 10-15 guys in a row just saying ******* hell or whatever. If you see someone say it do you really need another 10 people to say the same thing. Just disheartening in the fact I love posting here and when you make a mistake no one then wants to reply to you even when you do have good discussion points and constructive comments to say based on stuff like a bad thread there that I as the poster didn't even intend to do.

Yeah the change in ganeplan that you could obviously see from the game was the reasoning behind asking what people thought the loss of Walsh would be. Yes, I know it was fair enough as it was interpreted wrong I just don't think you need 10-15 guys in a row just saying ******* hell or whatever. If you see someone say it do you really need another 10 people to say the same thing. Just disheartening in the fact I love posting here and when you make a mistake no one then wants to reply to you even when you do have good discussion points and constructive comments to say based on stuff like a bad thread there that I as the poster didn't even intend to do.

What you have to understand is that in a game day thread it moves very fast, and people don't keep refreshing before they make a comment. So what seems like 15 people in a row criticizing you is really just 15 people saying the same thing at the same time.

Don't take it personally.

What you have to understand is that in a game day thread it moves very fast, and people don't keep refreshing before they make a comment. So what seems like 15 people in a row criticizing you is really just 15 people saying the same thing at the same time.

Don't take it personally.

Oh nah, it was in the thread I made which I realised was the wrong time to ask. Just having no option to delete it and coping bulk abuse sucks because then in other threads no one wants to reply to you, or have discussions with your points even when they are valid.

Back