Think Tank Your Personal Highlight of the BigFooty year

Remove this Banner Ad

73o4bx.jpg

This makes the bucket list/goes into the pool room :D

2 and 20

That's not the greatest season
Horrible season for us, yeah. But then again so was 2021, 2020 and 2019, as we didnt win a flag.

2018 was a success though, thats for sure.

What does Freo rate as "success"? Win a finals game? Not get the coach sacked? Winning!

That was my highlight and hard earned. Not sure why Dinsdale decided to change it but he is clearly in cahoots with him.
I guess it’s not surprising for you guys to expect that thread to warrant a backfire tag after one elimination final win in 7 years.

Finally joining BF on GF morning after reading the forums for years and my club picking up arguably the best small forward in the comp in the not-too-distant future and someone I had wanted to get in his draft year (better late than never).

Last edited:
Read the thread, he said Longmuir was a potato. Winning a final is not what a potato does, they get a job coaching Essendon.
this sums up the difference in clubs i guess.

freo rekon winning one final is a success and most other clubs think that winning a flag is success

this sums up the difference in clubs i guess.

freo rekon winning one final is a success and most other clubs think that winning a flag is success
The difference is the self entitled fair weather fans. You have a bad year and your attendance and even TV viewers were less than Freo.

A Potato & success are different things. Winning a final puts you in the top 1/3 of the teams in a highly competitive competition. The coach who can take a bottom half side and achieve this must have some skills. He'll also have a better win loss record than Simmo by the end of 2023.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The difference is the self entitled fair weather fans. You have a bad year and your attendance and even TV viewers were less than Freo.

A Potato & success are different things. Winning a final puts you in the top 1/3 of the teams in a highly competitive competition. The coach who can take a bottom half side and achieve this must have some skills. He'll also have a better win loss record than Simmo by the end of 2023.
No he wont. He will still be on zero wins while Simmo will still be on one win

I guess it’s not surprising for you guys to expect that thread to warrant a backfire tag after one elimination final win in 7 years.
Well DanWA says Freo need to win a flag by 2025 and rightfully so.

Everyone finished above North, even your mob. In 2023, west coast might not finish above North Melbourne LoL.

North Melbourne will win a flag by 2026

To be fair, Perth still is in 1960

The import of umpteen red necked Yarpies has not helped.
Well DanWA says Freo need to win a flag by 2025 and rightfully so.

Everyone finished above North, even your mob. In 2023, west coast might not finish above North Melbourne LoL.

North Melbourne will win a flag by 2026
In a suburban footy comp.

Read the thread, he said Longmuir was a potato. Winning a final is not what a potato does, they get a job coaching Essendon.
Yeah, I’m sure when the thread was created that the OP never expected Longmuir to carry Freo all the way up to the dizzy heights of 6th.

No wonder you’re celebrating.

Backfire that s**t.

That was my highlight and hard earned. Not sure why Dinsdale decided to change it but he is clearly in cahoots with him.
If you need to complain just fill in a complaint form.

Finally joining BF on GF morning after reading the forums for years and my club picking up arguably the best small forward in the comp in the not-too-distant future and someone I had wanted to get in his draft year (better late than never).

Noice join date m9.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back