Your predictions for the Western Bulldogs game.

Remove this Banner Ad

- One of the commentators, most likely Tim Lane, will make a tenuous link between this game and the federal election.

Tim Lane never called our game mate. :p

But you're right in your prediction though, watched the Crows/Magpies replay and he made a tenous link to their game and the federal election though. :eek:

1. Dogs to win by 17 Points despite a last quarter fight back that draws within a goal with 5 minuets left
Incorrect: The dogs fought back a few times, and looked good for the first ten minutes, but the Swans had this in their keeping for most of the night.
2. Hall to kick 4
Incorrect: Only kicked 2, albeit from limited opportunities.
3. Kirk to say 7 tackles have 19 possessions and negate Cross
Incorrect: Kirk only had the 1 tackle, he had 13 disposals, and Hannebery negated Cross.
4. Jack to have a quieter game but still receive 20 possessions
Correct: I thought the game was more or less the same as the last few weeks, but it could be argued that it was quieter. And he had 20 disposal, plus five more.
5. White to kick 3 (In Lakes absence)
Incorrect: White kicked 1 goal, and Lake was there.
6. Goodes to start the match well but fade in the second half
Incorrect: I thought Goodes played an avergae game throughout, no real fade out.
7. Hanners to receive a heavy tag and finish with 18 possesions
Incorrect: Hanners WAS the heavy tag, and still picked up 27 disposals.
8. McVeigh to have his best game all year
Correct: I think this could be argued, McVeigh had some great games in the early part of the season, but possibly this one was better. Certainly a very good game from him.
9. Cooney to destroy us around the middle and finish with 3 goals plus several assists
Null: I'm going to give you a null here because Cooney didn't play, and he may well have done those things if he had.
10. Hudson to break even with Mumford in tapouts but Mumford to dominate around the ground
Half/Half: Hudson and Mumford had basically the same number of hitouts, but Mumford didn't dominate around the ground. In fact, Hudson probably had more influence.

Good call on McVeigh. He only seems to perform really well when we win big, but maybe we win big WHEN he performs well. Even if that is not the case, not every player can be a game changer. Anyway, nice.

1. Swans win by 10-30 points.
Half/Half: We did win, but the margin was a little bigger than you expected.
2. Jetta to kick multiple goals.
Correct: Jetta kicked 2 goals.
3. Jack to once again be amongst the best.
Correct: Certainly Jack was among the best on ground.
4. Hannebery to have a quiet game (less than 20 disposals)
Incorrect: Another good night at the office from Hannebery, and had 27 disposals.
5. White to kick multiple goals.
Incorrect: White kicked 1 goal.
6. Mumford to dominate the tap outs, but the Dogs to win the clearences.
Incorrect: Mumford broke even with the other two, and the Swans won the clearances.
7. Swans to have between 5-15 more inside 50s than the Bulldogs.
Incorrect: But very close. We had 4 more inside 50's.
8. The Dogs to go into the last quarter in the lead.
Incorrect: By the last quarter the Swans had the game wrapped up.
9. Malceski to have one of his quietest games of the year.
Correct: Malceski had a quiet night, very little impact.
10. Shaw to play one of his best of the year.
Correct: Shaw had a fantastic game, one of our best in my opinion, great call.

Some nice calls here, particularly on Shaw, who I felt put in a great effort to shut down Gia, who could have really hurt us.

Stat, you stole my prediction. I also think Shaw will play one of his best games of the year.
Correct: One of Shaw's best games of the year
Heart says Swans by 5 goals, head suggests a 3 goal win to the Dogs.
Incorrect: You had two guesses here really, but I decided to take what you said that your head told you as your answer, as that seemed to be what you were saying.
Shaw to nab 2 goals and 25+ touches.
Incorrect: Shaw had a great game, but it does not show on the stats sheet. He had no goals and 13 disposals.
White will kick 4 goals, 3 of them in one quater.
Incorrect: Just the 1 goal, but I'm still happy with his game.
Kirk will have a reasonably quiet game, but kick a goal.
Half/Half: I didn't think it was a quiet game, but he did kick a goal, and then another one.
Goodes will have a big final quater, kicking 2 goals.
Incorrect: All Goodes's quarters were roughly the same. He contributed, but was not a stand out.
Mumford will be involved in an inspirational passage of play.
Incorrect: I don't recall him being involved in anything inspirational.
Hall and Grundy to break even.
Incorrect: This is debatable, but I've got to give the points to Grundy. 2 goals from Hall is not a win, it is a loss.
McVeigh will be B.O.G. for us.
Half/Half: I don't think he was BOG but that argument could be made.

Another who foresaw Shaw having a great game. Good catch.

1. Hall will kick 2.
Correct: Grundy held him well, and his supply was limited by some great midfield work from the Swans.
2. Dogs win by 29 points.
Incorrect: But I'm sure that you're happy to be wrong in this case.
3. Kirk to lift significantly in last qtr but swans can't get up.
Incorrect: Kirk was up and about all game, or at least, it felt like he was. And Swans did get up.
4. Goodes to be BOG
Incorrect: Another quiet one for Goodes, but wasn't bad.
5. White to have a quiet one.
Correct: I thought White was good in this game, but certainly a quiet night.
6. Jetta to kick 2.
Correct: You are exactly right, Jetta kicked 2.
7. Low scoring game - will really miss mcbabe... I know I do!
Half/Half: It was certainly not a low scoring game, but I missed McGlynn out there and I'm certain many did.

You picked how many goals two different people would kick, which is a good effort.

1.Sydney will lock down on the dogs midfield...giving them very little room to move
Correct: With the exception of the first 10 minutes, the Swans did this.
2.Bulldogs will kick the first....swans will go on a run and build a healthy lead before the dogs get one back in the last couple of minutes of the qtr....dogs will kick a couple early in the second...commentators will claim that the dogs are coming...but swans will lock down on their midfield then kick the next 5 goals to lead at half time by 30...the swans will continue to answer the dogs throughout the match...
Correct: I remember a Dog, possibly Hudson but not sure, kicking the first.
3.Brett Kirk will lift...put a stranglehold on his opponent...will get about 15 possessions himself...
Correct: He had 15 disposals, and crushed his opponent and made him change position.
4.Mumford will have another blinder and will dominate Hudson...35 hit outs...18 disposals
Incorrect: Mumford lost to Hudson, if we are being honest. Had the same hit-outs but less influence around the ground. Obviously there were reasons for this.
5.Jack will continue his good form...25 disposals....6 clearances
Correct: Jack continues his great form, you got the disposals exactly right and he got a huge nine clearances.
6.Goodes will take marks all around the ground....will also get forward and kick 3 in a BOG performance
Incorrect: Goodes had a decent game, but not a star performance. No goals.
7.Jude Bolton will step it up...including 2 goals & 7 tackles
Correct: Bolton was one of the best on ground, with 2 goals, and an imposing 11 tackles.
8.Jessie will kick the one
Correct: You are right once again. One goal for White.
9.Richards will have an outstanding game in defence
Correct: Richards put in another good performance at the back, just doing all those little things that some people seem not to notice.
10.Hall will finish with 3 goals....with 1 in junk time
Incorrect: Only the 2 goals for Barry.
11.Hannebery will have a quiet game...15 disposals
Incorrect: Hannebery had another strong game, 27 disposals.
12.Jetta will score 2.1
Half/Half: He did kick the two goals, but no behinds. Impressively accurate.
Mcveigh will kick 3
Incorrect: McVeigh kicked 2 goals.
13.TDL will kick 2
Incorrect: TDL kicked 4 goals, and was the dominant forward on a ground that had Barry Hall running around on it. A great performance.
14.Nick smith will hold his opponent to under 15 possessions
Null: Nick Smith was on Johnson and once he went down I didn't see him take anyone specifically. He might have done, but I didn't see it, so I'll give this a null.
15.Nick malceski will turn around his form and have a great game...24 disposals....will kick a goal
Incorrect: Another quiet one for Malceski, no goals, just the 12 disposals.
16.ROK will take some good marks
Null: ROK didn't play.
17.Bevan will have a shocker
Incorrect: I thought Bevan was solid.
18.Gary Rohan will make 6 tackles and kick a goal
Incorrect: Rohan played fairly well, but no goals and no tackles.
19.Swans win by 35
Correct: You are within 10 here on an exact score guess, so I'm going to give this as correct.

A good set of predictions here, particularly solid early.

- Hall to kick one, a result of a poor Swans kick-in.
Incorrect: Hall kicked 2, and neither was the rsult of a poor kick in. We actually looked better in that area than in recent times.
- One of the commentators, most likely Tim Lane, will make a tenuous link between this game and the federal election.
Incorrect: Apparently Lane made that comparison in a different game, but didn't here it in the Swans game.
- Gary Rohan will play a blinder, but his main contributions will come from his defensive chasing and harassing, including one incredible chase-down from behind.
Half/Half: Wouldn't call it a blinder, but he was good, and his defensive pressure was a highlight, even though he didn't record any tackles.
- Daniel Hannebery will get his first intense tag of his career.
Incorrect: Hanners was playing a taggers role himself.
- Kirk in his farewell match will return to the midfield to shut down Daniel Cross.
Incorrect: In a surprise move, Kirk played as a defensive (and sometimes offensive) forward.
- Nick Smith to keep Daniel Giansiracusa goalless.
Half/Half: Gia was kept goalless, and almost touchless, but it was Shaw that stitched him up.
- Kirk WILL kick one goal and will do his most outlandish celebration yet.
Half/Half: He kicked two goals, and he was exuberant in celebration, but I wouldn't describe it as outlandish.

You picked that Gia would get shut down, and he was, which was a good call.

With Smith back in the team Mattner is moved into attack
Incorrect: Would have been an interesting move, but it didn't happen.
Hudson is reported just 15 minutes into the game, gets one week
Incorrect: Although Hudson might be in some strife with the MRP, I don't think he was reported, and it was after the 15 minute mark as memory serves.
Cooney hurts Swans until ROK shuts him out in the 2nd quarter
Null: Since both of the guys you mentioned spent most or all of their time off the park, I'm going to give this a null.
ROK scores 2.0
Null: Again, ROK didn't play.
Goodes 3.2
Incorrect: He was 0:3.
White 2.1
Incorrect: White kicked 1:0
Mattner 4.2
Incorrect: Mattner didn't trouble the scorers.
Jetta 2.5
Half/Half: Jetta did kick 2 goals, but no behinds.
Rohan 1.1
Incorrect: Rohan was another who did not get themselves on the scoreboard.
Smith gives a master class in tagging
Null: His intended opponent was shut down, but he clearly should never have been on the field in the first place, so it is hard to give Smith too much credit.
Grundy gets reported but gets off
Incorrect: No report that I saw or heard of.
Hall and Grundy have a bit of biff, nothing serious
Correct: They gave each other a little nudge, not really what I would call biff, but I'll give this one.
Hall kicks 5.3
Incorrect: Hall kicked 2:1
Hanners re-injures his shoulder
Incorrect: Haven't heard anything to suggest that this happened.
Shaw does a hammy
Incorrect: Shaw is fine as far as I know.
Jesse injures himself attempting a huge pack mark. Suspected wrist fracture
Incorrect: Despite your suspicions of a hospital ward full of Swans, White was another who managed to escape the game unscathed.
Tadgh kicks a goal on the run from 55m
Incorrect: Kennelly didn't score anything.
Jetta kicks a couple from a similar range
Half/Half: He did kick one of his two from out in that vicinity.
McVeigh kicks 2.1 and takes BOG
Half/Half: He kicked 2:0, and was among the best, but I wouldn't say BOG.
Jack ends up with his head bandaged
Incorrect: I don't think this happened, I didn't notice it if it did.
Rohan is coat-hangered, gets the free + 50 to give us the lead
Incorrect: Again, didn't see this happen, but it could well happen in the future given the way Rohan tries to break tackles.
Camera finds Bradshaw and McGlynn in the crowd and commentator says something about "Swans are sorely missing those guys"
Incorrect: Didn't see this happen at all.
Mattner takes a brave mark running back with the flight of the ball. Blood spurts from the side of his face and Goodes steps up to take the free - resulting in a goal. This inspires a 3rd term revival after being 21 points down at half time.
Incorrect: This would have been amazing if this had happened, since this prediction is so detailed. But it didn't.
Surprisingly Kirk has a quiet game but holds his own
Incorrect: Kirk's game was not quiet. He went out with a bang on the SCG.
Mummy kicks a banana but misses everything. He has 42 HO
Incorrect: Had 18 hitouts and did not score.
Mike Pyke has a good game. 3 kicks, 9 handballs, 8 marks and 19 HO and 1 goal in the first quarter
Correct: Not exactly right, but close enough in so many areas that I'm going to give it. Pyke did have a good game. He had 2 kicks, 11 handballs, 5 marks, 20 HO and no goals. Very nice call.
Swans surrender 5 point lead to go down by 8 in the last quarter
Incorrect: Swans had this in the bag by the last quarter.
Hall joins the Swans to chair Kirk and Roos off the ground
Incorrect: Didn't see this happen.

A lot of predictions here, a fair few misses, but the Pyke stats prediction was very good.

1. Swans will win
Correct: The mighty Swans did indeed put a win on the board.
2. Gillard will win
Correct: Too early to call conclusively, but I'm going out on a limb here and saying yes.
3. Plugg3r will be annoyed by number 2, but not number 1.
Null: I have no idea how Pulgg3r feels about it.
4. I will leave the ground drunk, but happy.
Null: I hope you did, but I can't be sure.
5. I will eat a kebab on King st and have one last beer in Newtown.
Null: Eating a kebab on King Street is generally unwise unless you have a stomach made of iron, but once again, I don't know if you took the risk or not.
6. I will go home and put on an episode of "Breaking Bad" but will fall asleep on the couch, snoring loudly.
Null: I would hope you would not fall asleep while Breaking Bad is on. That is a great show.
7. My 3 year old son will awaken me just after sunrise and I will have a headache and be in need of h2O.
Null: I'd take a punt that this one did happen, but I can't be sure.

You have set a record for 'null' predictions here, I think. Though it is entirely possible that your whole list of predictions were 100% correct. Anyway, you called the Swans win, which is a good call.

Best calls of the Round

Best set of predictions =
GoTheSwannies. GoTheSwannies had a great round of predicting in a round that proved hard to call accurately. He got a lot of correct calls, and even a lot of the calls that were incorrect, were still pretty close. A great set of predictions from GoTheSwannies.

Best individual prediction = GoTheSwannies & Bungee. There were very few predictions that actually stood out this round. In fact, just the two really. GoTheSwannies made an excellent call about the tone of the game, predicting that after a tight first term the Swans would take a commanding lead, and have the answers whenever the Dogs tried to surge. This turned out to be exactly what happened.
Bungee made a top call regarding Mike Pyke's stats. He made a call on how many kicks, handballs, marks, HO's and goals Pyke would have. He was no more than 3 off in any of these categories. Which I found pretty impressive.

LEADER BOARD

Best Set Of Predictions
Swansfan51 - 2
GoTheSwannies - 1

Best Individual Prediction
Bungee - 1
Corpuscles - 1
GoTheSwannies - 1
Plugg3r - 1
Swansfan51 - 1
Swans4eva - 1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow I really suck at this game. :(

It's alright Grim, you'll do better once Rohan gets better. See I have McGlynn in my avatar so it makes me border line awesome. Where as if you had Lockett, Goodes, Kelly etc you'd be blitzing it. Avatar's mean more then one presumes ;)

Hey MVP_PaulRoos you going to be back here next year to do this right?
This is quite fun to see the results of haha

Hey mate. Sorry it took me so long to reply, I've been living at work recently. And yes, I definitely plan to do this next year as well. I find it fascinating to see who really knows there stuff when it comes to the Swannies. That way, I know who to listen to when I want to have a punt! Clearly I need someone's advice, I have been the worst every round I think.

I was gonna have a punt on Sydney to win by over 39.5 but I rarely win betting on the swannies and didn't wanna jinx them...i think it was paying about 8/1....but I'd take the actual win over the cash any time...

can't wait for the brisbane predictions thread...see if it was a fluke or not...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back