NFL Your Team Expectations for This Season

Remove this Banner Ad

To put it another way, the NFC East (accidents aside) has 4 established starters for the first month of the season - performances will dictate after that.

If Campbell, Smith, Orton, Leinart, Bradford stink it up in preseason there is no guarantee they will even be the opening day starters.

Actually what was being intimated was that both western divisions have a heap of questions at QB...Rivers and Cassell probably the only two "safe" starters...the original post did not attempt to compare it to other divisions' QB situations - that came from subsequent posters.

Campbell at Oakland is safe too. You have Campbell, Cassel, Rivers and Id say Orton all safe. Safe as other divisions like nfc north, afc north, afc east for example, if we discount the nfc east being included.

Id say the NFC West QB situation is by far worse than AFC West.

Ie, my contention is that it's incorrect to highlight the AFC West in such a default knee-jerk manner, when say nfc north is at least if not more questionable. A bit of bias against the AFCW, unfair as i put it.

Fair enough, a fairer analysis of the divisions maybe that the individual performances of these western divisional teams' QBs (many being unknown entities in their 2010 roles) leaves many unanswered questions to which the fate of their team's hinge.

AFC East: Brady tick like Rivers, but then you have Sanchez the game manager 2nd year schooling like Flacco Ryan etc got, Bills and Dolphins just as weak in terms of middle-of-the-road non-rookie QBs that you could label Campbell, Orton, Cassel as being.

AFCW has 3 of those, AFCE has 2 but of lesser standard PLUS a rookie in his second year, and even Henne is pretty much rookie material too.

NFCN: Rodgers tick, but Favre (+/- retirement talk etc included), Stafford (like Sanchez), and Cutler is more questionable than Campbell/Orton/Cassel. Campbell has a better NFL record than Cutler in efficiency, for instance. Orton better than Cutler in hindsight. Cassel has had a pro-bowl year in a good team, and Chiefs with Haley now should improve dramatically this 2nd year.

AFCN: Palmer was still considered iffy before last year and plummeted down the QB rankings by BF posters. Flacco is still not there yet. Leftwich/Dixon/Batch all far far worse than Campbell/Orton/Cassel. Browns are the pits currently at QB.

Campbell has a better NFL record than Cutler in efficiency

The beauty of the NFL is any fact or stat can be used to support an argument - that is why the NFL is the premier team competition in the world and owns the phrase "Any Given Sunday".

Yes Campbell is more accurate than Cutler but that is like saying I'm a better driver than Mark Webber because I've had less car accidents.

That Webber-Brasher comparison is apples oranges with Campbell-Cutler. You're talking about two QBs in the same professional league. You are not a F1 driver. Webber and someone else in F1 would be a fairer comparison.

Based on crucial stat like INTs i'd put Campbell above Cutler last year without a doubt. Going INTO 2010 from that page one would rate Campbell above Cutler at this moment in time when evaluating the QB situations. Sure, as the season goes along we'll know better. But right now is from where we're looking.

He "should" given Martz is the OC, pass-heavy vertical passing.
Ultimately tho, what are we talking about, stats? or wins?
I reckon Oakland will win more than Chicago.
Im even betting LeFevour ends up starter at Chicago at some point (2010, or 11).

I'm guessing that Lovie Smith will be axed at the end of this season if the Bears don't improve over last year's season. How quick the masses turn. He was just in the SB 3 years ago.

Who know's what AD will do with Tom Cable if the Raiders have another bad year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm guessing that Lovie Smith will be axed at the end of this season if the Bears don't improve over last year's season. How quick the masses turn. He was just in the SB 3 years ago.

He was lucky to make the offseason - he has made a lot of bad moves throughout the years since the superbowl. Sure, he was unlucky with Gaines Adams but pretty much every other trade or offseason adjustment he has made has worked against them.

BB is out for 6 weeks, so the Steelers have questions relying on batch/dixon/leftwich. That's pretty much half the season.

Also, BB's situation isnt out of the water either still. Id say that's a big question in itself.

Let it be known that the Steelers D is capable of getting the turnovers required to give the team a chance of capitalizing on short field situations. Whoever starts will not be expected to be play-calling/ audibling many plays anyway so the OC will be 'under the pump' more than ever. You'd think that with a few big plays here and there will be 'enough' to squeak out a couple wins against opponents that can be beat. Ravens needed a OT turnover to overcome the Steelers without Big Ben anyway so it's not out of the realms of possibility that the Steelers can stay in the game for much of every contest in the first month. Special teams, the team weakness' in 2009, has been addressed considerably. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back