Your unpopular opinions about Collingwood? (pls respect folks' rights to their opinions)

Remove this Banner Ad

Spine-tingling speeches at The Copeland are just words that do nothing for me.
While being a star Pendles isn't a game changer.
Fas is one of our few really talented players and his work rate is nowhere near as bad as suggested, people simply can't handle his cocky persona.
Getting rid of Heater is a horrible black mark on our history.
The umpires don't have it against us.

Have heaps more in regards to where we're heading but most people on here already know them.
Agree Pendlebury would be better off keeping his mouth shut than coming out with statements like I can't wait to hold up the cup with Bucks. Embarrassing.

Lachlan Keeffe will be a star.

Agree Pendlebury would be better off keeping his mouth shut than coming out with statements like I can't wait to hold up the cup with Bucks. Embarrassing.
Hory_c6ee0a_2149193.jpg

Sidebottom is not a good pure wingman/outside runner. Sure he can run all day and plug holes, but he excels as a all-round midfielder (where he can utilise his composure in traffic) or as a high forward flanker.

Josh Thomas is apart of our best 22 and could be our next Swan.

If we draft well and add some big bodied mids into the mix, then combine that with more two way running, our midfield unit is not as weak as some people think.

I care about Pendlebury getting a brownlow so much that if i suspect that someone is having a good game and he is just outside of the votes I sometime start wishing for them to play badly. Just to be clear winning games is still obviously my priority but if Pendles doesn't win a brownlow it would be absolutely ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spine-tingling speeches at The Copeland are just words that do nothing for me.
While being a star Pendles isn't a game changer.
Fas is one of our few really talented players and his work rate is nowhere near as bad as suggested, people simply can't handle his cocky persona.
Getting rid of Heater is a horrible black mark on our history.
The umpires don't have it against us.

Have heaps more in regards to where we're heading but most people on here already know them.
I know this is an opinions thread but I disagree so strongly, so here is my opinion

Pendlebury is the biggest game changer in the competition and we would have been bottom 4 without his heroics late in games and in other big moments this year.

I don't think Frost is best 22 in a healthy team, I think his decision making and kicking are poor, he also fumbles too much when trying to pick the ball off the ground. It is because of those reasons I think he would just be a liability in our backline.

1. Fasolo is so over-rated
  2. Langdon to play in the middle
  3. Frost will be our best defender
  4. Elliot to kick over 60
Agree with Fas.
Langdon not a midfielder from what I've seen.
Frost. Agree and that's sad as no one is pushing him.
Elliott needs to play 22 games to do that, nearly no chance.

I posted a thread about it when i first joined Big Footy and got absolutely slaughtered.

But a couple of years later and i still 100% beleive it.

Pendlebury is the best player in the competition, better than Ablett.

His ball use dwarfs every other elite mid other than Mitchell and maybe Watson, even this year which is widely discussed as one of his worst and Champion data still had him with a better rating than Ablett before he wen't down with injury, and they use an unbeleivably comprehensive system(Not supercoach) and the next behind the 2 of them(JPK) was miles away.

Midway through 2012 many discussed him as the best player in the comp, he then wen't down with injury for that year and fell off the radar a bit then won the coaches assosiation player of the year in 2013 and by the beginning of 2014 he wasn't even in the dicusion with Ablett. Makes little to no sense.

He doesn't get as many disposals as an Ablett or Rockliff, doesn't kick as many goals as a Robbie Gray and can't mark like Fyfe. But he is good at everything and as complete of a player as i've seen, his handballing and composure is the best the game has seen and he will if he's not already be Collingwoods best ever player.

Go on, tear me a new one.

Unpopular opinions ... Ok here goes

Hine is massively overrated on this board.

Many, many more misses than hits.

Been dining off his Pendles success since 2005
I am not sure about the 'many, many more misses than hits' bit but I do agree that he is massively overrated compared to Graham Wright at Hawthorn and whoever does the same job for Sydney and Geelong.

I love the way Ben Sinclair goes about it.

Really believe we missed his run throughout the year, another preseason or two and i believe he could be an awesome player.

Yep Sinkers down back is much better player then the forward version, gets unwarranted heat now due to his early kicking yips.

I also think that Pendles isn't the right man to lead the team
I can see where you are coming from, at the time I thought I would rather Bally or Beams.
Now there not here...
I do however see a next premiership captain being at the club being either Adams, Langdon or Hopefully Moore.
I think Langdon could be Maxy MKII, and like the way Adams goes about it.
But the best is the reports of Moore as a leader which excite me.
I think Pendles is like Buckley as a Captain, don't think they all play for him. But he gives 110% I don't think leading teams can make a leader, you've either got it or you haven't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back