Past Zak Jones - traded 2019, to Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

I've heard a few times now that player managers are all overseas on holidays and deals will be done once they return. I hope this is the case for Zak. Can anyone confirm who his manager is?

What all together?

The guy is a good player but there is no way you pay him more than what parker heeney hanners jpk etc are on, an offer in line with them is fine but not more.

I think in line with them is overs.... by a good couple of hundred thousand. I'd say he's worth no more than 550k... and I'm sure those other guys are on more than that.

The silence is deafening in regards to contract. Melbourne look like they end up with a pick better than what Jones cost us - take it, draft younger, cheaper and hopefully in the long run better.

The reality is that there will be a lot of extra money sloshing around after the CBA so clubs will be throwing silly money at certain players this year out of desperation to improve. In the long run it will be smarter to stick to our guns and pay our players what they are worth.

If you look at what Hawthorn are paying OMeara and Vickery it is about equivalent to what Buddy is being paid. Both of those players are starting to look like a bust and that is going to set them back as they try to retain their young talent.

I think in line with them is overs.... by a good couple of hundred thousand. I'd say he's worth no more than 550k... and I'm sure those other guys are on more than that.

The silence is deafening in regards to contract. Melbourne look like they end up with a pick better than what Jones cost us - take it, draft younger, cheaper and hopefully in the long run better.
I could be wrong but i thought when hanners parker etc resigned it was said they were on about that 500k figure, allowing for higher salary cap id say Jones is worth the same but no more.

Watched the game a third time last night.
Couldn't help but notice that Zac fell over quite a few times at critical moments & was caught a few times a s well.
It may have been the knock he copped to the leg but it was strange.

Copying the vice captain

I could be wrong but i thought when hanners parker etc resigned it was said they were on about that 500k figure, allowing for higher salary cap id say Jones is worth the same but no more.

Could trade hanners to free up space for jones ;)

I would think they'd be on more than 550k. More in the 700 range i reckon

http://footyprophet.com/10-most-wanted-zac-jones/

Footy prophet rating Zak as more likely to stay than go with an open market value of $5-600k. However that believe he is only worth a second round pick. If we lose him for anything less than pick 15 (what we paid for him) I'll go ballistic!

I think we really need to bump up our offer to keep him. And i think he's worth paying a little over for.

He definitely appears to be keeping his options open and i think theres a fair chance he'll leave.

His response the other week was along the lines of play out the year and see how things go. To me that would suggest he has offers on the table and is seriously considering going. Dont think it'll be to the dees either. There would be other suiters in melb who would offer more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we really need to bump up our offer to keep him. And i think he's worth paying a little over for.

He definitely appears to be keeping his options open and i think theres a fair chance he'll leave.

His response the other week was along the lines of play out the year and see how things go. To me that would suggest he has offers on the table and is seriously considering going. Dont think it'll be to the dees either. There would be other suiters in melb who would offer more.
i think he is gone....very rareley do players sign beyond this point

i think he is gone....very rareley do players sign beyond this point
Fyffe signed yesterday, May the other day Andrew Daniel Rioli reportedly today...I'd hardly say that's rare especially with the new cba just released. Very smart for players and managers to hold out!

http://footyprophet.com/10-most-wanted-zac-jones/

Footy prophet rating Zak as more likely to stay than go with an open market value of $5-600k. However that believe he is only worth a second round pick. If we lose him for anything less than pick 15 (what we paid for him) I'll go ballistic!
Thats why we need Brisbane to win wooden spoon, don't want north melb or any other melb club having first pick in psd allowing jones to go for free.

Watched the game a third time last night.
Couldn't help but notice that Zac fell over quite a few times at critical moments & was caught a few times a s well.
It may have been the knock he copped to the leg but it was strange.

Jones doesn't have the genuine speed of someone like Rohan and he's not quick in decision making either. He also tends to do the same trick (charge forward) every time so he's predictable and gets caught too often.

The guy is a solid and courageous player who's willing to put his body on the line but I doubt he's ever going to be a star like hanners, parker, mills, heeney, jpk etc and should be paid accordingly. As much as I like the guy I wouldn't like to see the Swans pay overs for him. We never paid overs for Mitchell and that was a decision that spoke volumes about the level-headedness of the Swans recruiting staff. We need to get best bang for the buck, always.

I agree he's probably gone. The even nature of this year's competition will lead a lot of clubs to look for ready made players to get them a few goals closer each game but we have the talent on board already and should focus on draft picks and developing our NEAFL players as much as possible in the next year or two.

Jones doesn't have the genuine speed of someone like Rohan and he's not quick in decision making either. He also tends to do the same trick (charge forward) every time so he's predictable and gets caught too often.

The guy is a solid and courageous player who's willing to put his body on the line but I doubt he's ever going to be a star like hanners, parker, mills, heeney, jpk etc and should be paid accordingly. As much as I like the guy I wouldn't like to see the Swans pay overs for him. We never paid overs for Mitchell and that was a decision that spoke volumes about the level-headedness of the Swans recruiting staff. We need to get best bang for the buck, always.

I agree he's probably gone. The even nature of this year's competition will lead a lot of clubs to look for ready made players to get them a few goals closer each game but we have the talent on board already and should focus on draft picks and developing our NEAFL players as much as possible in the next year or two.
I dunno, i think he plays like a coked up teenager and will only hit his potential in a few years once his body is bigger and stronger. He plays as though he is paddy dangerfield, but does t have the power or the weight yet.

Not to say he will become an outright star but i think he could if things go the absolute best they can.

On CPH1607 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back