Ziebell's kicking?

Remove this Banner Ad

Very, very good field kick when he backs himself and gets some distance. His kicking last week and last night in general play was excellent. Has turned a few very short kicks over this year. For goal, siezes up and not reliable. Not even slighly worried by it.

Very, very good field kick when he backs himself and gets some distance. His kicking last week and last night in general play was excellent. Has turned a few very short kicks over this year. For goal, siezes up and not reliable. Not even slighly worried by it.

Agree with this - his field kicking is improving by the week, and his tackling, well it's fierce, to say the least...one think to keep in mind, he actually creates difficulat shot's at goal, through his intesity at the contest...one last night in particular, with was a runing forward smother, agtehr the ball and shot at goal all in quick motion...in 12 months he will be nailing these.

Another thing to note, you can actually see his him fatigue during a game - he has a lbig inflience early in games, ie: first half, and one of the reasosn we got smashed around the clearances in the second half was due to this I beileve...time will rectify this problem...love watching his improvement by the week..same with Greenwood, Bastanic, Cunnington and even Hansen, who looked very dangerous up forward.

In a nutshell.

Jack butchers every kick inside 50, other than that he kicks well.

Far more important than that is how he has improved heaps the past 3 weeks. He will be very good in a year or two.

He seems to be very keen on getting the ball and moving it along quickly and ends up stabbing them short or too high. I think he is one of our worst kicks in the team at the moment to be honest. Only seems to hit targets when a player is 30metres in the clear struggles to pin point passes and kick goals. In saying that at training he hardly misses a target so maybe he's just putting too much pressure on himself and he just needs to go back and look at the footy and let the ball flow off his boot instead of trying to stab pass everything. At the moment his kicking is struggling yet i still believe he will be an elite kick in the near future. He'll take time to iron out some flaws but damn he's going to be so good!!!

Field kicking is excellent, hits blokes on the chest lace out.

Dont think his set shots are up to par.

Yeah Jack doesn't penetrate his kicks the 'right' way when having a set shot.

He'll stab at the ball forcefully, which knowing myself as a forward, leaves you too much room for error. He has to kick through the ball, ball out in front, leg through and up.

Something he must work on.

If anyone wants to check, 6 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter is the set shot that will highlight it perfectly. It's purely poor technique, foot would not go past his left knee cap.

His on-field kicking is fine.:thumbsu:

Dont feel like highlighting the other 30 posts that have said what I said?

So why did you repeat them?
Don't want to start an argument but we all know the problem but not many are offering solutions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love JZ's attack on the man and the ball, but to suggest he is an "elite" kick, or even close to one, is ridiculous.....Have a think about Daniel Rich kicking the ball and then try and imagine JZ doing the same thing. Gunna be a gem for us, but don't reckon it will be because of his kicking......Long way to go in that department IMO.

So why did you repeat them?
Don't want to start an argument but we all know the problem but not many are offering solutions.

I highly doubt that the time it took you to read his post got in the way of you doing anythng too constructive.

Love JZ's attack on the man and the ball, but to suggest he is an "elite" kick, or even close to one, is ridiculous.....Have a think about Daniel Rich kicking the ball and then try and imagine JZ doing the same thing. Gunna be a gem for us, but don't reckon it will be because of his kicking......Long way to go in that department IMO.
I'm not so sure. Rich kicks longer and is more consistent, but some of Jack's top shelf kicks are right up there. I'm backing him to get more consistent. In any case, it is his decision-making that rocks.

Along with Basta, it would be good to see these kids start to kick some goals. Hopefully Jack will 'come out of the gloom' for the Carlton game! :)

I highly doubt that the time it took you to read his post got in the way of you doing anythng too constructive.

I've already offered a solution to Jacks kicking for goal, what have you done about the problem?

Yeah, that's cool and all but didn't Rich miss his foot on Saturday night?

Bit early but I think Ziebell is far from our worst kick.

P.S. People can say what they like and feel free to express their own opinions but Jack Ziebell will IMO be a superior player to Rich - by a fair margin.

Yeah, that's cool and all but didn't Rich miss his foot on Saturday night?

Bit early but I think Ziebell is far from our worst kick.

Dribbled two along the ground from memory.

But how good was his pass to Mitch Clark in the 4th Quarter. Being there live, you just saw how good his awareness was. Out the corner saw Clark free, and as if in motion looked and swung that left foot across his body to land it on tit.

I can't fathom this Jack isn't fit or has no engine crap. He definitely runs out games OK. I think it is because when he does come off the ground he really looks f..ked and he also has this Robert Harvey habit of hands on hips & head looking down. Harvey had one of the best tanks ever, he just always appeared knackered. I reckon Jack is similar with his appearance, giving a perception of no tank.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back