Autopsy I swear there was a patch of footy where we hit like 8 short kicks in a row in the third quarter - Autopsy vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

There have been a lot of s**t takes on here recently but this one might take the cake, pull your head in
The board won’t force out mates of there’s that are on the board maybe the CEO Ben Amarfio could be replaced but by who as at this moment in time?

Hasn't been too bad of late but god damn he does some stupid things... he's not alone there though thats for sure
He played a really solid game, made 1 or 2 mistakes in the first 2 or 3 quarters. Then made a few absolute nightmare decisions / disposals. The bad things are so bad at times that it is hard to not forget about the good...

That non-paid mark to Larkey in the first is up there with one of the worst decisions of the year.

Ditto the Jed tackle. Too rough for footy now.
The first has been a trend for a while now and getting worse IMO, not just for North either. 20 years ago the burden of proof on the marking player was tiny compared to now, considering how often players are in congestion it seems completely against the spirit of the game. The player making the play will get clear hands on the ball regularly, 3 bodies will just run into them and the ball spills free for play on. They need to pull this back, it's not conducive to a good game and it doesn't reward attacking play. Larkey's was worse than that as it was an absolutely clear mark.

Jed tackle was a player being penalised for hitting hard. Classic case of a call that would not have gone against a multitude of bigger names.

fu** me! These young kids have hardly played any games and people (not just you) think they're the reason we're ******* s**t?!

It's our bloody useless "senior" players that you should "never again" play!!!

Ziebell had 11 touches and had 2 tackles. Our captain for fu**s sake!

McDonald 14 touches, vice captain.

Turner 12 touches and Corr 11 and 1 tackle, both in the leadership group.

Open you're eyes and stop blaming the kids and blame the 150+ gamers who should be setting the example for the kids to follow!!!

Turner is a great example. In all honesty I thought he'd been down for much of this year on his intensity at the ball and man, he was very good in the contest yesterday with limited touches. Mentioned this before and I think that's okay, the issue is that he's not the only one. We have too many in the same bracket and it hurts us. We have groups of (senior) players there to provide effort and intensity, realistically we should only need one or two of those types. Don't need all of them out but we have to get away from carrying 5-6 senior players that don't give much drive and get it back to 1-2.

Last edited:
There was one where the ump threw the ball up and it almost landed on Goldy's head. He did put out his hands as the oppo ruck was about to land square on top of him and then the ump pays a push-out against North! If the throw was straight up that could not have happened.

But Dermie and Draino were calling ruck infringments time and time again today and noting that they were hardly ever paid. Then, the "Rucklotto" call came when SPP got the free for something he and his mates had been getting away with all day long.

Did I ever give an impression of not liking the way AFL footbal is umpired - I sometimes feel that it might be apparent.
The problem with ruck contests is that they will very, very rarely consistently call them - hence rucklotto. I guarantee you that if they had called every ruck infringement against Goldy today the media and every Port supporter in the world would be howling from the rooftops. They pay one or two in hopes that opponents behave better but they will not continue on if the behaviour continues.

The hardest thing is keeping our supporters engaged. In my circle I’m the only North supporter still watching every week. Tough hole we’re in. Feel for those running the club, must be pretty stressful.
My son did not watch a second yesterday. Says he's done for this season and that it's pointless watching.
There'd be a lot of that.
I watch hoping just to see some moments from the younger players.
Not seeing much of that, sadly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My son did not watch a second yesterday. Says he's done for this season and that it's pointless watching.
There'd be a lot of that.
I watch hoping just to see some moments from the younger players.
Not seeing much of that, sadly.

I’m in a group chat with some family and friends and they’ve all given up. I’m pretty sure I annoy them with my texts because they’re not following the games. They prefer to follow the Storm.

The hardest thing is keeping our supporters engaged. In my circle I’m the only North supporter still watching every week. Tough hole we’re in. Feel for those running the club, must be pretty stressful.

Next weeks crowd won't top 17,000 my guess. My buddy thought game was 2.10, not 4.40. She's out ☹

Yep, this. Going to watch North every week has always been a big family thing with my grandpa, my mum and my siblings for as long as I can remember. Was just me and my sister who could be bothered rocking up to the Carlton game a few weeks ago, and after the smacking we got AND it taking us over an hour to get out of the bloody Docklands car park, she’s now out.
I’ll still go next week against the GoDees, but if I don’t find myself some friends I’ll be all on my lonesome.

My favourite part of the game plan is how we’ve become the only team to use the switch to “slow“ the game down.....He’s onto something this Nobles fella.
I like to call it the “Courtesy Switch”......enables the other side time to set up their defence. Manners are free, they cost ya nothing. Classy by us. Again bucking the trend.

My favourite part of the game plan is how we’ve become the only team to use the switch to “slow“ the game down.....He’s onto something this Nobles fella.
I like to call it the “Courtesy Switch”......enables the other side time to set up their defence. Manners are free, they cost ya nothing. Classy by us. Again bucking the trend.
Its not as dumb as you think.

Yep, this. Going to watch North every week has always been a big family thing with my grandpa, my mum and my siblings for as long as I can remember. Was just me and my sister who could be bothered rocking up to the Carlton game a few weeks ago, and after the smacking we got AND it taking us over an hour to get out of the bloody Docklands car park, she’s now out.
I’ll still go next week against the GoDees, but if I don’t find myself some friends I’ll be all on my lonesome.

I’ll be there with a mate that comes with me every week, he’s a pies supporter but can’t watch them because he gets too stressed. He’s been a North member for about 7 years now.

I’ll be reminding those that didn’t have the stomach to ride out the bad times when the good times inevitably come.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back