Religion "Ban The Gays" law, passed by Mississippi legislature.

Remove this Banner Ad

AtomicBlonde

Cancelled
Sep 23, 2010
Sugar Town
AFL Club
Essendon
http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/mississippi-legislature-passes-turn-gays-away-bill020414

This gay-hate law proposal was defeated in other states but has been passed in Mississippi. This would allow businesses the right to refuse gay people service based on their religious beliefs. My question (apart from the obvious WTF?) is just how will they decide who is gay and who isn't? I'm gay but if I didn't tell you, you'd have no idea. Are they only going to ban the flamboyant or cross-dressing types? I mean, some old red-neck could throw out a gay couple from his diner but would continue to serve adulteres and paedophiles willingly (unbeknown to himself of course).

This now sets a precedent in motion that seemingly has no end in sight. Just shows how powerful the bible-bashing evangelists in the US are and shame on the prejudiced politicians who voted in the affirmative. How can the US now condemn African nations for their Anti-Gay laws that are not only restrictive but empowering anti-gay mobs in their increasingly scary and violent crimes against those whom they deem to be gay?

Last edited:
It's pathetic. Almost speechless. The only reasons I can think that this passed is (/ thanks Ben):
- the US are proud of their states' independence
- the bible bashers have a hell of a lot of political influence

Do remember though that Segregation was initially passed by various states & then the Feds stepped in

Look, I'm a teacher. I can assure people who are worried about this that homophobia is well and truly on the way out. There is hope.

Common sense will prevail. Even with a bit of a fight

How can the US now condemn African nations for their Anti-Gay laws that are not only restrictive but empowering anti-gay mobs in their increasingly scary and violent crimes against those whom they deem to be gay?
Everything but this was I found a form of fundamentalism, however I found this a very good assertion.

Well they're the biggest hypocrites around, they can very easily do that, they are doing that.

What's wrong with gays being bloody discriminated against as they can do it themselves in some circumstances too.

What's wrong with gays being bloody discriminated against as they can do it themselves in some circumstances too.
Fair enough. Let's discriminate against stupid people too. They do it to themselves as well.
And Christians, they are always discriminating against other religions.
And Onanists, they do it to themselves all the time.
What about Mississippian? They do it to their kin constantly.
On second thought all these groups are the same people?

It's pathetic. Almost speechless. The only reasons I can think that this passed is (/ thanks Ben):
- the US are proud of their states' independence
- the bible bashers have a hell of a lot of political influence

Do remember though that Segregation was initially passed by various states & then the Feds stepped in

Look, I'm a teacher. I can assure people who are worried about this that homophobia is well and truly on the way out. There is hope.

Common sense will prevail. Even with a bit of a fight

True, the federal government has usually been very reluctant to overrule state law though. You have some liberal states over there now legalizing gay marriage and this is the retaliation by conservative states. Something will have to give eventually, I suppose.

The evangelists are extremely powerful, they put George W. Bush in the White House ffs.

True, the federal government has usually been very reluctant to overrule state law though. You have some liberal states over there now legalizing gay marriage and this is the retaliation by conservative states. Something will have to give eventually, I suppose.

The evangelists are extremely powerful, they put George W. Bush in the White House ffs.

So, cant you just move to another, less redneck state?

How many gays are still living in Mississippi anyway?

I seriously do not see the problem.

I openly discriminate against anyone openly religious.

Live and let live.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, cant you just move to another, less redneck state?

How many gays are still living in Mississippi anyway?

I seriously do not see the problem.

I openly discriminate against anyone openly religious.

Live and let live.

Why should people move, because of their sexual orientation?
how absurd.

Do you deny them service or the option to be in your premises? If so, why ? If not, how do you discriminate against anyone openly religious? What do you get out of it?

Why should people move, because of their sexual orientation?
how absurd.

Do you deny them service or the option to be in your premises? If so, why ? If not, how do you discriminate against anyone openly religious? What do you get out of it?

They should move to be surrounded by more accepting people.

Any gay living in Mississippi is an idiot.

I dismiss anyone wearing a cross or that i know is religious. I get a smug satisfaction out of knowing my very existence spits in the face of their putrid beliefs.

They should move to be surrounded by more accepting people.

Any gay living in Mississippi is an idiot.

I dismiss anyone wearing a cross or that i know is religious. I get a smug satisfaction out of knowing my very existence spits in the face of their putrid beliefs.

Lol... I don't know what that means, but it made me laugh.

Yes, but you know... some people are born there. Some people would be teenagers, who don't really have the ability to just pick up and move.

And some people would have lived there, there whole life... I can't see how just moving or calling them idiots is an answer.

Both my parents are gay, hence my comment.

The best part about the USA is the ability to just pack up your s**t and drive a few hours to another city to live amongst a completely different crowd of people and under completely different state laws.

I have no sympathy for any gay who hates themselves enough to stay in a redneck state and expect the majority to approve of and accept them. Its stupid and self loathing to stay and expect rednecks to be tolerant.

If anything, these laws might be the push these self loathing types need to get them to move and ultimately live happier elsewhere.

Both my parents are gay, hence my comment.

The best part about the USA is the ability to just pack up your s**t and drive a few hours to another city to live amongst a completely different crowd of people and under completely different state laws.

I have no sympathy for any gay who hates themselves enough to stay in a redneck state and expect the majority to approve of and accept them. Its stupid and self loathing to stay and expect rednecks to be tolerant.

If anything, these laws might be the push these self loathing types need to get them to move and ultimately live happier elsewhere.

ah - okay.

So because people are backwards hicks, the acceptable solution is to pack up your house, sell the house (never mind the financial implications), leave your job, the rest of your family, .... everything you know... because some backwards hicks decided in 2014 to collectively regress as a society.

I hear what you're saying, but do not agree it is up to those who are doing nothing more than living their life to move.

Bad buisness to discriminate against gay people or any people for that matter, a customer is a customer, and it would be a stupid business owner that refused their custom.

Moronic backward rednecks, why the hell can't people live and let live?

Bad buisness to discriminate against gay people or any people for that matter, a customer is a customer, and it would be a stupid business owner that refused their custom.

Moronic backward rednecks, why the hell can't people live and let live?

Live and let live works both ways, so to speak.

Are you saying gays dont negatively effect Christians?

I can't honestly see how they do.

How does who someone has a relationship with impact another person's life? When people start making decisions that prohibit the way another can live based on moral judgements, that has an impact and I believe that people should worry about their own life and behaviour before worryiing about what others do, as long as they are not harming anyone.

Hell, I am not religious, but makes no difference to me if someone esle is until it starts impacting on what I can or can't do with my life.

I dont profess to understand how Christians think, but just look at the way they act.

They do worry about what others do and they think its in everyones best interest if everyone else is just like them.

Instead of trying to make the intolerant tolerant, surely its the wiser choice to just find more tolerant people.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back