Religion "Ban The Gays" law, passed by Mississippi legislature.

Remove this Banner Ad

How are they related?

I live anti christian and let christians live.

I live pro gays and let anti gays believe whatever they want.

Because you say that you "openly discriminate" against openly religious people but you advocate a "live and let live" attitude to life. You're not practising what you are preaching.

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/mississippi-legislature-passes-turn-gays-away-bill020414

This gay-hate law proposal was defeated in other states but has been passed in Mississippi. This would allow businesses the right to refuse gay people service based on their religious beliefs. My question (apart from the obvious WTF?) is just how will they decide who is gay and who isn't? I'm gay but if I didn't tell you, you'd have no idea. Are they only going to ban the flamboyant or cross-dressing types? I mean, some old red-neck could throw out a gay couple from his diner but would continue to serve adulteres and paedophiles willingly (unbeknown to himself of course).

This now sets a precedent in motion that seemingly has no end in sight. Just shows how powerful the bible-bashing evangelists in the US are and shame on the prejudiced politicians who voted in the affirmative. How can the US now condemn African nations for their Anti-Gay laws that are not only restrictive but empowering anti-gay mobs in their increasingly scary and violent crimes against those whom they deem to be gay?

how charitable of those loving and accepting christians

lol at vealesy throughout this thread

s**t law, even a lot of the senators who passed it started talking about how they regret doing it. Too late, nuffies

I don't mind s**t laws like this

it speaks volumes about the people who live there. there not necessarily bad people just uneducated and a little backward.

I wonder if they have electricity in Mississippi yet......and that is coming from a port supporter!

Hebrews 13:2 ESV / 435 helpful votes
Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

1 Peter 4:9 ESV / 339 helpful votes
Show hospitality to one another without grumbling.

Matthew 25:34-46 ESV / 220 helpful votes
Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you?

Romans 12:13 ESV / 201 helpful votes
Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality.

Leviticus 19:34 ESV / 170 helpful votes
You shall treat the stranger who sojourns with you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.

Titus 1:8 ESV / 99 helpful votes
But hospitable, a lover of good, self-controlled, upright, holy, and disciplined.

Good to see Christians are still going out of their way not to be Christians

IIRC Arizona and Idaho have passed similar legislation. In contrast, 17 states have passed same sex marriage legalisation. It shows how diverse the United States is.

Disgusting law.

I don't believe anyone should feel the need to move from their home for something that in no way affects others. At the same time, I don't think I could stand to live in a such an ultra-religious, discriminatory place (I'm not calling everyone over there discriminatory, but the fact that this kind of legislation is proposed, and passed with support, appalls me).

A handful of these have appeals pending though, so that figure could come down again depending on the outcomes.

[quote="Cooldude, post: 32364204, member: 9163"

Leviticus 19:34 ESV / 170 helpful votes
You shall treat the stranger who sojourns with you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.
[/quote]

One of the earlier examples of product placement, and a stunningly inept non sequitur.

One of the earlier examples of product placement, and a stunningly inept non sequitur.

Hehe. Ya have to love how the despotic ones makes all these apparently binding commands, then decides almost as an afterthought, to declare that he's the big boss.

This reminded me of the business owner somewhere in the US that refused to serve the gay couple and make them a wedding cake because of his religion. I think he got fined or threatened with jail time or something.

Sodom and Gomorrah was all beer and skittles?
Gomorrah got ripped!!
Never hear of anyone getting Gomorrahized do ya!...cept maybe that Westborough inbred.
I'll bet the inner demons are Gomorrahizing the bejeezus out that guy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, cant you just move to another, less redneck state?

How many gays are still living in Mississippi anyway?

I seriously do not see the problem.

I openly discriminate against anyone openly religious.

Live and let live.
Maybe you should take your own advice

In protest of the same laws being passed in Arizona:

Roccos-Little-Chicago-Pizzeria-Right-to-Discriminate-Bill-Arizona-Tucson-2.jpg

You do realise I am pro-gay rights, right?
Do you realise that you aren't?

Legalising the discrimination of a person, based on their sexual orientation. And you're saying it doesn't matter, that's life, they should just move to a different place.

Hey Rosa, just don't catch the bus! Don't have to make such a big deal about it!

Oh ffs, gay rights is nothing like black rights.

Whether the discrimination is "legal" or not, it will always exist. Easier if its just out in the open and you can spend your money at more worthy businesses, imo.

Recently asked my parents about this and they agreed with my view.

Oh ffs, gay rights is nothing like black rights.

Whether the discrimination is "legal" or not, it will always exist. Easier if its just out in the open and you can spend your money at more worthy businesses, imo.

Recently asked my parents about this and they agreed with my view.
I recently asked all of my Gay friends about this, and they agreed with my view.
Good, now we can ignore both of our anecdotal evidence and stick to facts.

Racial discrimination and homosexual discrimination are both .. discrimination.

You are saying that you support gay rights, and I am saying you're doing the opposite.
Supporting the legalisation of discrimination, is the opposite of supporting the discriminated's rights.

You're the passenger on the bus, who cracked the shits at Rosa for holding you up. She knew the rules, it's just how life is, and she needs to get used to it.

Not really, i just dont see the shop signs as much of an inconvenience at all.

If believers had crucifixes up in their shop windows i would see it as a convenience, because i would prefer to give my money to a non religious person.

The outrage to this is way overblown, people just love to get their minority-whinge happening, and cant see the opportunity that the consumers can now choose to shop elsewhere.

Not really, i just dont see the shop signs as much of an inconvenience at all.

If believers had crucifixes up in their shop windows i would see it as a convenience, because i would prefer to give my money to a non religious person.

The outrage to this is way overblown, people just love to get their minority-whinge happening, and cant see the opportunity that the consumers can now choose to shop elsewhere.

No, it isn't that they can now choose to shop elsewhere. It is now legal for them to be denied entering, based on something that they have no control over.
Homosexuality is not a choice. Ask your parents.

It isn't just about shop signs, I've no idea why you are trying to change it to that.

This is about a law, that legalises discrimination.
And you are saying that it's just life and to move on.

Back of the bus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back