Zero gamers at your club who will be guns

Remove this Banner Ad

Nick Robertson will be a beast. Had better endurance than Kelly from the Giants at age 16 before injury. 191cm+ 91kg+ ready made inside mid with good speed and elite endurance are as rare as hens teeth. Aggressive and from reports is a very hard trainer (has to be told to hold off at training or he will just keep going until he spews) Will be a gun and unstoppable in his prime.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s-afl-dream-call/story-fngeflq8-1226761739988

was considered as good as Martin and Hogan as a 16 year old.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that he can't kick?

Lowden, Hallahan, Litherland, Woodward and Kelly have been on the list for awhile and are yet to play a game. They should all push for selection this year. Woodward to be the gun. The others to be solid players.

kicking needs a bit of work but no where near as bad as some young draftees. His only main problem that I have heard is that he will get in do the hard work and win the contested ball but once he gets it is a bit slow and undecided. That will improve with more exposure as he hasn't played no where near as much footy as he should have the last few years due to his back nerve and shoulder problems. He has recovered from these and just needs to get some more games under his belt. Might even get a debut the next few weeks.

Id say at collingwood as it stands the 0 gamers that intrigue me the most are freeman, Scharenberg and broomhead.

Of those I think freeman will have the greatest impact late this season until late 2015 early 2016 of which scharenberg will take over.

Broomhead I just believe will need to get his opportunities elsewhere or rely on hudson, clarke, lynch and maybe armstrong being delisted or maxy/bally retiring (think bally will play on in 2015, unsure on maxy)
Will need a huge pre season

At the Bombers
- Jason Ashby
- Ozario Fantasia (2013 draft) will be a gun small forward
- Shaun Edwards (Yet to Debut for Ess)

At the Cats Jake Kolajasnij is playing some really good footy in the VFL. Probably wont play seniors this year but really looking good for an opportunity next year. Cats are pretty happy getting him so late.

Probably already been said.

Blake Acres and Spencer White for the Sainters.

Mason Shaw (Drafted 2012) Is being groomed to be the next Westhoff type player.

Ben Newton (Drafted 2010) Has been terrific at SANFL level and would have been given some games if Port didn't have such a great 2013 season.

Darcy Byrne-Jones (Drafted 2013) I love the look of this kid in the back pocket during the SANFL trial games his pace & ball control under pressure is superb. He will be saving Ports bacon in the back pocket in the coming years.

Here is an example
pk7Qw7F.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robertsons kicking is on the good side. Especially as far as technique and ball trajectory goes.

He tends to be a little thoughtless with where he puts it on occasion.

Jake Kolodjashnij at Geelong will be very good. Rated him highly all last year for Tassie and Launceston, and he has already shown a lot in the VFL. Been in the best players in every game he has played so far, including best the game before last :thumbsu:

Jarrod Jansen and Jake Kolodjashnij from Geelong. By all reports Michael Luxford has been impressing the VFL coaches too, especially since he's a Category B rookie who has never played footy before. Apparently he's a cool customer in heavy traffic according to the coordinator of the Academy down at Simonds Stadium.

Having watched Mason Wood play at VFL level he's a really exciting prospect.

Big tank, good overhead mark, aggressive and kicks a few. Would be very surprised if he does't debut this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back