The Title Race

Remove this Banner Ad

IF we win the league, we should be milking the * outta it commerically, absolutely capitalise and just watch the cash come in

Interesting fact when looking at our financial figures, if we take out matchday revenue we'd go from 12th to 13th in terms of comparitive financial strength with other clubs. It's the endorsement deals that's absolutely pouring the money in this club

But we still have to balance out our wage budget from the Rafa days, and redeveloping Anfield. Take all that into account when looking at FFP, and it's not certain we'd suddenly have big cash to spend

It will be interesting to see what strategy Liverpool take to their spending regardless of budget.

Will they look for first XI players, displacing people who have done a decent job this season. Or will they look for cheaper, depth signings.

I think a bit of both. A central midfielder or two, couple of defenders and a good back up forward.

It will be interesting to see what strategy Liverpool take to their spending regardless of budget.

Will they look for first XI players, displacing people who have done a decent job this season. Or will they look for cheaper, depth signings.

I think a bit of both. A central midfielder or two, couple of defenders and a good back up forward.

not sure, they have the stadium redevelopment to think about to.
i'm expecting 3-4 top players to come in with borini and ilori back.

not sure, they have the stadium redevelopment to think about to.
i'm expecting 3-4 top players to come in with borini and ilori back.

Stadium redevelopment might have an impact on spending, but Liverpool will need a stronger squad next season. So I see it as unavoidable in a way. Recalling loan players might be an answer.

Of course stadium spending is exempt from FFP so that won't be a consideration (obviously will for pure financial reasons).

Stadium redevelopment might have an impact on spending, but Liverpool will need a stronger squad next season. So I see it as unavoidable in a way. Recalling loan players might be an answer.

Of course stadium spending is exempt from FFP so that won't be a consideration (obviously will for pure financial reasons).
suso as well is quality. but keeping those players happy is difficult. Aspas and Alberto will surely get more playing time as well.
3-4 ins should be enough imo.

Will be interesting to see how tight the owners are now that Anfield redevelopment seems to be close

How can City re-load arent they in FFP trouble?
Chelsea yes for sure your right.

and don't you think LFC will re-load now that we are in UCL and possible champions?

FFP is still a work in progress. City and Chelsea dwarf LFC with potential revenue and available cash to spend.

LFC can't get into an arms race, UCL or no UCL. You are not on their level. Even with FFP, which btw, you would be well advised not to mention since LFC are barely going to squeak past passing.

Advice for fellow reds? Don't count your chickens, and just enjoy these last few games. The players and Rodgers know what they need to do, but I've seen us stumble at the last hurdle too many times over the years to take anything for granted. A win tonight and we might have 1 hand on the trophy, but you won't see me cracking open the champagne until I see Gerrard carrying it around Anfield!

Jobs not done yet, but I have complete faith that Rodgers and the players have the quality, the professionalism and the attitude required to finish it off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just on FFP it's probably worth considering that the next set of figures will be relating to the 2013/14 season. So any spending any side does for next season will be in the set of figures after that.

Reporting period 1 - 11/12 & 12/13 - current reporting period
Reporting period 2 - 11/12, 12/13 and 13/14 - next reporting period.
Reporting period 3 - 12/13, 13/14 and 14/15 - the first reporting period that will factor in next seasons spending.

Chelsea, City and Liverpool all made roughly a £50m loss in the first year of reporting period 3. Pretty sure the pre 2010 contracts exemption doesn't apply for this reporting period.

Last edited:
FFP is still a work in progress. City and Chelsea dwarf LFC with potential revenue and available cash to spend.

LFC can't get into an arms race, UCL or no UCL. You are not on their level. Even with FFP, which btw, you would be well advised not to mention since LFC are barely going to squeak past passing.

what do i care how much they spend we're top

Football Gods orchestrating this for Liverpoo to win the title playing against Chelsea :(
Meh let them have it. They've been so depraved of success for so many years now, it'll be good for their fans to see what a proper trophy looks like again.

Last edited:
Meh let them have it. They've been so depraved of success for so many years now, it'll be good for their fans to see what a proper trophy looks like again.

I'm sure the lads at the club are alright with what a trophy looks like, they look at it everyday in the trophy cabinet, many times what Chelsea can conjure

Meh let them have it. They've been so deprived of success for so many years now, it'll be good for their fans to see what a proper trophy looks like again.
NEVER! This type of attitude of yours is the exactly the killer instinct that "we" have lacked and pretty much given it to them. You see Gerrard? He knows how much it means. It tells me that, despite the glory and status of winning the CL and that the PL is seen somewhat as an afterthought by comparison, that in actual fact, the PL has more merit.

This is all ******* Ferguson's fault. If that **** hadn't retired, there's no way Liverpoo would be in this position. He had a hold on them. He ******* leaves and it's back to the 80s again. Everton to be denied a worthy European spot, one way or the other.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back