Majak Daw Charged with Rape

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read on facebook yesterday that there was a case that was similar to this one where the woman involved had to pay for all the damages because she made the whole thing up.

No. Just no. Why do you need to bring up something like this - even if it isn't actually true because you just "read it on facebook"?

Disgraceful, even for someone like you

I read on facebook yesterday that there was a case that was similar to this one where the woman involved had to pay for all the damages because she made the whole thing up.
As for the mods in here who continue to mock every north melbourne fan please grow up. You aren't funny, and you aren't really doing us all a favour. What would be making you guys do us north melbourne fans a favour is the fact that you would stop deliberately making fun at the club and it's true members.

Oh please. Congratulations on reading something on facebook but that has literally NOTHING to do with this thread, and is a completely and utterly piss weak thing to say. The fact is, other than the alleged incident happening 7 years ago, we know nothing about the case. Casting 'dispersions' on the alleged victim is a disgusting thing to do when there's no evidence, for a dozen reasons, and that is EXACTLY what you have done.

As for the Mods mocking or trolling, well so what? They have the same rights as every other posters and as long as they don't cross the line what's the deal. In all honesty with the exception of the thread on the NM board (IMO) all the other threads to do with the case have been two parts serious one part mockytrolltroll, so I'm not sure what you expect. I think some of the posts (and certainly not exclusively mods) have been in poor taste, and rightly so some of the posts and posters have been called out (and not just by North members, thankyou). I've also seen some posts in shocking taste which have shortly after just disappeared assumedly thanks to the same mods you're giving s**t to.

As for the mods in here who continue to mock every north melbourne fan please grow up. You aren't funny, and you aren't really doing us all a favour. What would be making you guys do us north melbourne fans a favour is the fact that you would stop deliberately making fun at the club and it's true members.

insinuating the "alleged" victim made it up is a terrible act of casting dispersions willy nilly.
You should remove that disgraceful post non-thinkingcat

I think it's more than a little sad that some, who are fairly smart and well-off (apparent practicing lawyer etc), are using this rape charge to troll a certain infamous North Melbourne supporter who pretty obviously has a couple of issues. If they were really as great as they proclaim and not at all insecure, they probably wouldn't spend their time winding someone up who any two-bit psych could identify has a problem.

Especially when they have a whole separate website for doing that.

You'd also think some of these hotshot lawyers like SonOfReep would have a better understanding of sub judice law, but then, having a law degree and working as lawyer doesn't confer any great intelligence.

You could train a monkey to do conveyancing work from a shopfront practice in Joondalup.

You'd also think some of these hotshot lawyers like SonOfReep would have a better understanding of sub judice law, but then, having a law degree and working as lawyer doesn't confer any great intelligence.

You could train a monkey to do conveyancing work from a shopfront practice in Joondalup.
You're cute SLF, never change.

Did you know he actually got sacked recently?

Majak Daw has been charged with whaaaaat?!

I don't think so. Maybe if the person had come forward themselves and admitted to doing wrong then sure, but otherwise no, as they are now an adult and are fully aware of the crime they committed and are still trying to get away with it as an adult.

I'm no lawyer but that doesnt make sense. Its not illegal to claim your innocence. He has been charged with committing an offence when he was a minor. He should be tried as a minor.

I'm no lawyer but that doesnt make sense. Its not illegal to deny doing something. He has been charged with committing an offence when he was a minor. He should be tried as a minor.
I can't be bothered explaining my thoughts further.

Well if he did actually do it and then lies in court, that is perjury lol

I'm no lawyer but that doesnt make sense. Its not illegal to claim your innocence. He has been charged with committing an offence when he was a minor. He should be tried as a minor.

Actually, in some respects it is in his interests to be tried as an adult.

All he really loses is anonymity, and I think it's unlikely word wouldn't have leaked out.

He'll probably be delisted before this arrives at an outcome.
No he won't be...

The fact that you think he's guilty means you don't know the full story. Nor do you know what is going to happen to him.
Sure they are only allegations that are yet to be proven in the magistrate court.
Actually, in some respects it is in his interests to be tried as an adult.

All he really loses is anonymity, and I think it's unlikely word wouldn't have leaked out.
He's not a kid. You have to be still at school if you need the children's court. Maj is well and truly out of school.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's not a kid. You have to be still at school if you need the children's court. Maj is well and truly out of school.

I thought that you had to be under the age of 18 at the time of the commission of the offence and under 19 when the proceeding commenced, but it may be that your reprint of the Children, Youth and Families Act 2005 is more recent than mine.

I wasn't disputing that he should be tried as an adult, merely noting that he doesn't lose much other than anonymity.

No he won't be...

The fact that you think he's guilty means you don't know the full story. Nor do you know what is going to happen to him.
Sure they are only allegations that are yet to be proven in the magistrate court.

I took it to mean he'll be delisted on performance, not because of raping.

He certainly has a very sexy physique (after looking at photos of him with his shirt off). How do those African guys get such good physiques? Is it genetics?

I think it's pretty pathetic that all these allegations can be revealed publicly for all to see, when after all, they are purely allegations. There's no proof of any wrong-doing, and the fact that the alleged 'victim' has been able to remain anonymous the whole time just makes the whole situation worse. Everybody knows how people react to news such is this, whether it's a conviction or an purely a 'he said, she said' situation.

One one hand, you've got a well known AFL footballer who has been accused of committing rape 7 years ago, and on the other you've got an unknown female. Regardless of the outcome, Daw's career is in tatters.

I'm not a lawyer, but I don't understand how somebody can make an allegation that has permanent consequences regardless of the outcome of the case. If Daw is found guilty, then so be it - there is obviously evidence that proves his guilt, and he will be sentenced accordingly. If he is found not-guilty, then he still has a stigma attached to his name and will continue to for the rest of his life. Similarly, the girl who has accused him gets away with no repercussions. I'm fully aware that a lack of proof doesn't mean that an incident didn't occur to begin with, but it is still unfair. It's ridiculous that one party can remain anonymous while the other is constant critique by the public. Anonymity for all, in my opinion - until the result can be found.

I'm not jumping to conclusions in assuming that Daw is guilty or not, but I've personally witnessed how a fake-rape trial has taken its toll on somebody, and it's not pretty. I'm very happy to see the AFL and NMFC stand by him until a result is found.

Thanks for sharing, also thanks for dropping some terms into the debate that have absolutely no relevance to the thread at all.

You don't pay much attention do you? The poster said that he/she could find many a published peer-reviewed paper about the pervasive and consistent effect of psychological trauma that rape causes.

In me taking him/her up on the offer to find some published papers showing the pervasive and consistent effects, 'meta-analysis, cross cultural and significant/null-significant effects' are relevant.

Why would you even intersect a conversation at a convenient point, remove it from context and make a joke and....ah, Big Footy.

You don't pay much attention do you? The poster said that he/she could find many a published peer-reviewed paper about the pervasive and consistent effect of psychological trauma that rape causes.

In me taking him/her up on the offer to find some published papers showing the pervasive and consistent effects, 'meta-analysis, cross cultural and significant/null-significant effects' are relevant.

Why would you even intersect a conversation at a convenient point, remove it from context and make a joke and....ah, Big Footy.

Seriously, get a life. Stop trying to impress people with your Stats 101

'meta-analysis, cross cultural and significant/null-significant effects'

:rolleyes:

Seriously, get a life. Stop trying to impress people with your Stats 101

'meta-analysis, cross cultural and significant/null-significant effects'

:rolleyes:

Yep, I try to impress people with words. I'm not sure what your problem is seeing as they're simple and pervasive aspects of the domain the poster stated: published Scientific papers.

I'm not sure how knowledgeable of 'Stats 101' you are. If you aren't, I'd suggest you google the the terms and see them in the light of criterion that would deem evidence - of the inevitable impact of psychological trauma over and above physical trauma (that the original poster purported), in a host of published papers (that the original poster said he/she could find) - to be convincing.

Or you could just continue to convey simple words as too complex to the point that I'm using them to impress people, so that they may hold I Vigawla - 'he with no life', with an almighty post record, in high esteem.

Yep, I try to impress people with words. I'm not sure what your problem is seeing as they're simple and pervasive aspects of the domain the poster stated: published Scientific papers.

I'm not sure how knowledgeable of 'Stats 101' you are. If you aren't, I'd suggest you google the the terms and see them in the light of criterion that would deem evidence - of the inevitable impact of psychological trauma over and above physical trauma (that the original poster purported), in a host of published papers (that the original poster said he/she could find) - to be convincing.

Or you could just continue to convey simple words as too complex to the point that I'm using them to impress people, so that they may hold I Vigawla - 'he with no life', with an almighty post record, in high esteem.

I see a bunch of words from someone trying to make themselves look more intelligent than they are.

Good luck with that, I personally don't care what others on BF think of me but you clearly do. I suggest a nice cup to tea to relax.

I see a bunch of words from someone trying to make themselves look more intelligent than they are.

Good luck with that, I personally don't care what others on BF think of me but you clearly do. I suggest a nice cup to tea to relax.

Engaging someone in (hopefully mature) conversation with terminology relevant to the topic is deemed as a ploy to make one seem more intelligent than one actually is.
Got it.

I'll remind you once again that the terms I typed are not complex. Meta-analysis/analyses, cross cultural and sig./non sig. effects. They don't require any advanced education or statistics courses to conceptually comprehend. They were relevant and were three criteria I deemed necessary of publications that the original poster had said they were willing to find. Why overestimate their complexity?

Engaging someone in (hopefully mature) conversation with terminology relevant to the topic is deemed as a ploy to make one seem more intelligent than one actually is.
Got it.

I'll remind you once again that the terms I typed are not complex. Meta-analysis/analyses, cross cultural and sig./non sig. effects. They don't require any advanced education or statistics courses to conceptually comprehend. They were relevant and were three criteria I deemed necessary of publications that the original poster had said they were willing to find. Why overestimate their complexity?

Yes, I understand that they are not complex, also thank you for using italic and bold to further emphasise your point. Thanks also for letting everyone on BF what three criteria you 'deem to be necessary'. Jolly good show old chap.

I have a picture in my mind of you sitting on a chersterfield couch wearing a tweed jacket with elbow patches, really really should be a Melbourne fan, you'd fit right in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back