List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

but hes a key defender so ill pass.. a strong midfield who runs both ways can shadow weakness' in defence
Even if he could do what Sam Fisher's done for us the past 8 or so years? Obviously a big call and I'm not saying he could but you see where I'm coming from.

Even if he could do what Sam Fisher's done for us the past 8 or so years? Obviously a big call but you see where I'm coming from.
ill take a fwd or a mid over sam fisher.

its like saying would you trade jack steven for a talia or eric mckenzie (or would you trade steven for a 21 year old sam fisher right now?), those 2 are regarded as the best 2 key defenders in the comp yet i wouldn't trade for them with our best mid.

both us and freo have had dawson taking the no.1 fwd in grand finals for god sake, fix the midfeild and foward line and poach teams rucks and key defenders

its like saying would you trade jack steven for a talia or eric mckenzie, those 2 are regarded as the best 2 key defenders in the comp yet i wouldn't trade for them with our best mid.

both us and freo have had dawson taking the no.1 fwd in grand finals for god sake, fix the midfeild and foward line and poach teams rucks and key defenders
I'd have Harry Taylor over Jack Steven.

its like saying would you trade jack steven for a talia or eric mckenzie (or would you trade steven for a 21 year old sam fisher right now?), those 2 are regarded as the best 2 key defenders in the comp yet i wouldn't trade for them with our best mid.

Fair enough mate. I'd only do it in this draft because apparently the mids aren't great in it. People were frothing over guys like Billings, Kelly, Macrae and those types the past few years but doesn't seem to be a lot of that going on this year with the mids.

Just touching base and i dont have the full details but wanted to ask a question. Any of you that have your ears in your club, have you heard anything about Ben Griffiths ? I have heard you guys have made a approach with his management..anyone able to confirm it ?

Just touching base and i dont have the full details but wanted to ask a question. Any of you that have your ears in your club, have you heard anything about Ben Griffiths ? I have heard you guys have made a approach with his management..anyone able to confirm it ?
wouldnt think we owuld be interested as we want as many picks as possible and have, Lee, White potenitally McCartain in line to play with Roo, Stanley and Bruce

If we are successful in snagging a KPF in the draft we should send Tom Lee to the backline in 2015 after a full pre-season training with the backs. He's 194cm, early to mid 90s kg, can take a grab and is a reasonably accurate kick. Have him follow a key forward around who will take him to the ball and get him involved in a lot more contests so we can make a call on just how good he is. We can then leave Bruce forward and groom him & Lee as genuine swing men.

THoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-20/saints-to-cut-deep

Hmmmmmm... Let's get thinking shall we. Instead of who we are getting in, who are we getting out?

Thread on its own??
Beau and Lenny are already gone...

In no particular order: Jones, TDL, Milera, Simpkin, Dunell, Siposs, Schneider and Pierce are in genuine trouble, and;

Ross, Murdoch, Saunders, Markworth, White and Lee would have to be looking over their shoulders to varying degrees, and;

Gwilt is a possible FA loss, and;

Shenton and Minchington have to go if they're not upgraded.

That's 18 blokes who have their issues. That enough?

Last edited:

In no particular order: Jones, TDL, Milera, Simpkin, Dunell, Siposs, Schneider and Pierce are in genuine trouble, and;

Ross, Murdoch, Saunders, Markworth, White and Lee would have to be looking over their shoulders to varying degrees, and;

That's 18 blokes who have their issues. That enough.

i agree although not with the following:
- lee : new contract
- white/markworth: apparently new contract around the time of lees
- ross/murdoch/saunders: really? but you dont list fisher? AR has said a couple of times all three are long term players

Why? What does Durdin have over Lever?

durdin for me is a very raw under-developed backman that has all the attributes to be a modern day backman that dominates in 4-6 years time.

he's 197cm and extremely agile. over here in perth i cant tell you how many times i saw him collect the ball off the deck or be at the bottom of a pack. pretty impressive for a bloke that tall. can turn at ease. reminds me a young kosi, but more agile.

imagine what he'd be like with some AFL development and a bit more bulk

i see more upside in durdin than any of wright and mccartin

Lol we aren't going to give up on Saunders, Lee, White or Murdoch after just 2 years all have apparently re-signed anyway.

Richo has talked plenty of times how he thinks we are settled for inside midfielders and mentions Ross almost every time he has said it, contracted and doubt he'll be moved on but will be playing for his future in 2015.

Lol we aren't going to give up on Saunders, Lee, White or Murdoch after just 2 years.

Richo has talked plenty of times how he thinks we are settled for inside midfielders and mentions Ross almost every time he has said it.

he has actually mentioned each one at some point and said the club sees them as someone who will play good football for this club for a long time

that tells me the club see the potential and will be patient in their development

:eek: No way in hell...unless someone offers a late 1st rounder

Don't think Barrels is listing blokes going for this off season, just the guys who could be goneski over the next 1-3 years or maybe not even at all

Lots of changes sounds good to me though, a lot of dead weight rolling around there

i agree although not with the following:
- lee : new contract
- white/markworth: apparently new contract around the time of lees
- ross/murdoch/saunders: really? but you dont list fisher? AR has said a couple of times all three are long term players
Working on the basis that a new contract just means a trade has to be worked out for the first three, and not saying I think they'll go or I want them to.

As for the last three, Ross is hopefully a slow burner, but hasn't set the world on fire so far, Murdoch is struggling to find a position, and Saunders is behind a few in the midfield but has been cruelled by the sub rule. Again, hope all of them stay and go from strength to strength, but Pelchen has a rep for being savage, and their the ones who have the least runs on the board so far.

That's 18 blokes who have their issues. That enough.

I think you've gone crazy!

In the gun:

Maister
Hayes
Jones
TDL
Dunell
Fisher
Schneider
Simpkin (contracted)
Milera (contracted)
Gwilt