List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek: No way in hell...unless someone offers a late 1st rounder
I'd very happily part with Pierce for a 2nd rounder, even for a 3rd it would be a great trade for us. I don't think Pierce has any currency.
You guys been on the Lions board? They're demanding a priority pick. Say they deserve it more than anyone.
On top of Dawson, Hammelmann, Andrews, Keays? Yeah, I don't think so.

Beau and Lenny are already gone...

In no particular order: Jones, TDL, Milera, Simpkin, Dunell, Schneider, Fisher and are in genuine trouble, and;

Gwilt is a possible FA loss, and;

Shenton and Minchington have to go if they're not upgraded.

Listened to Pelchen this morning (SEN) very clear guys over 30 out of contract gone
Also have feeling Petracca will be selected as club will select best player available regardless of the position they play was the comment.
Said unless they received Godfather offer for pick 1 that will be the case

Definites:

Lenny
Maister

Maybes:

Jones
TDL
Schneider
Dunell

That's six changes.
I have 9 spots available.... I'm a harsh prick ;)

Retire: Lenny Maister Schneider

Trade: Gwilt (FA)

Delist: Dunnell TDL Jones Milera Simpkin

Thus,
4 spots for NAB draft (2 talls, 2 mids)
3 rookie upgrades (Minch, Shents, Mav)
1 player traded in (Hopefully Jaksch somehow)
1 PSD (Whiley)

I think the changes won't be hard to come with,

Retirees Hayes, Schnieder and Maister
Delist Jones, TDL, Simpkin, Dunell, Siposs,
Poss. trades Gilbert, Armo,
I would trade Pierce for a second rounder if we are offered one.
Gwilt FA
Easily come with 8 or 9 changes out of that lot, normal number per year.

A midfielder going at pick 1 must have silky skills which Petracca doesn't possess. I'll be disappointed if we pick him over McCartin, which I don't see happening anyway.

Don't think Barrels is listing blokes going for this off season, just the guys who could be goneski over the next 1-3 years or maybe not even at all

Lots of changes sounds good to me though, a lot of dead weight rolling around there
How much of it is dead weight, and how much of it is raw meat?

for all these talks about us trading pick 1 to GWS....they have mentioned all this time of getting experienced players to their club...so they may ask for a fisher or armo or gilbert along with pick 1 to support their young players...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

for all these talks about us trading pick 1 to GWS....they have mentioned all this time of getting experienced players to their club...so they may ask for a fisher or armo or gilbert along with pick 1 to support their young players...
Flat out, I don't see Gilbert being traded. He is essential to the game plan we're seeking to build. I'd be astonished if Armo was traded, as he's the exact age and experience that we desperately need. I'd be happy to see Fisher go, but I doubt anyone would take him now, or that he'd leave. The Club has published that he's staying on, at St Kilda next year: http://www.saints.com.au/news/2014-08-11/fisher-keen-to-go-again-in-2015.

The 2 mids we pick up this draft, I'd like them to be outside types capable of being inside too (think Dayne Beams/Reece Conca types)
Oh, hay...

image.jpg

Flat out, I don't see Gilbert being traded. He is essential to the game plan we're seeking to build. I'd be astonished if Armo was traded, as he's the exact age and experience that we desperately need. I'd be happy to see Fisher go, but I doubt anyone would take him now, or that he'd leave. The Club has published that he's staying on, at St Kilda next year: http://www.saints.com.au/news/2014-08-11/fisher-keen-to-go-again-in-2015.
At 28 how long can Gilbert be apart of that gameplan?

None of the likely Pick #1 lads is without their issues, it's simply a matter of weighing the club's needs and their deficiencies weighed against their talent IMO.

Wright: position question marks , back issues.
McCartin: condition/fitness, height, versatility.
Petracca: polish, midfield bonafides.
Durdin: body size, exposed form
Brayshaw: proportionality lower ceiling.

We'll pick who we pick.

My opinion is much the same as everybody else's plus a few extras.
GONE:
Hayes
Jones
Dennis-Lane
Maister
Dunell
Minchington

Trade/FA Options:
Armitage
Gilbert
Siposs
Roberton
Fisher
Curren
Simpkin
Milera
Gwilt

Out of the second group Armo and Gilbert would only be traded if a very good deal was offered...the rest would be moved on if a reasonable deal eventuated, most will end up staying as contracted.
Ill no doubt upset a few people listing Roberton and Curren in that group but do we really think either will be up to the standard in 3-4 years time? I personally don't think so. With Richo stating today that "we will make significant list changes" I can see a few moves this off season.

DELIST/RETIRE:
Hayes
Maister
Jones
Hyphen
Dunell
Pierce
Shenton (wont happen though)

FA:
Gwilt

ROOKIE UPGRADE:
Minchington
Weller

ROOKIE RETAIN:
Eli
Holmes

ROOKIE ADDITION:
Baker-Thomas
Pierce
Saad

that gives us:
4 senior list spots for the draft + 1 trade/psd
1 best available in the rookie draft plus redrafting saad/pierce

still get to keep schneider and fisher for one more year

They can't get a game for the 18th team in the competition, what club is going to be desperate enough to take them? i think they could do well somewhere else but who knows.

Will be interesting to see what happens with both

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back