List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC (someone will probably correct me on this one), Lever did his ACL a fortnight or so after the National Draft at an AIS(?) training session. Would have never been training there if he was drafted in the mini-draft.

"Lever jarred the knee while on the Academy's camp on the Gold Coast late last month during a match simulation drill, but was initially cleared of ligament damage."
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-12-13/lever-pulled-on-jakes-year

Seems like your nathan (wright)

I think we are overrating pick 1 especially if there's some under the table deals involving us still getting Paddy.
If we can get Paddy with pick 3 I would happily do 1 & 38 for 3 & 20. Love having back to back picks.
Pick 1 is the best single pick there is. Can't cry foul if we pick a dud. No reason to worry that we might, the recruiters have good form.
But if we swapped 1 & 38 for 3 & 20 we'd get an absolute bargain for that combination. It's possible they might realise that and keep those 2 picks.
In that case we stay with Plan A - best player (above all other considerations), which fortunately is the latest official line as I understand it. Possibly Petracca.
Maybe we are..
But if GWS are desperate for Petracca the only way they're getting him is if they deal with us and give us what we ask for (obviously fair trade.. maybe just us out on top :p) because he won't be getting to pick 3 with Melbourne having Pick 2.
Maybe pick 1 is over-rated. Unfortunately any bluff risks being called out, but if we did get 3 & 20 McCartin just might get to pick 3 (if we want him).
Come on GWS, we dare you to go for whoever you reckon is the best!
Maybe a bit "crazy-brave", but I'd back us in to outsmart both Melbourne and GWS no matter who they picked at 1 & 2. We'll take the other guy and turn him into the best of the three.

Actually yes. I had shocking depression in 2000 & 2001. Sought counselling, changed the group of so-called friends that were a bad influence & cut down on my drinking. It was a battle, thinking of killing yourself multiple times a day is not a healthy place to be in, but removing negativity from your life, changing your mind frame & being around good people are vital. I now try to be as positive as I can about everything, it works for me.

Just because I think Mitch Clark should fulfil his previous contract, doesn't mean I don't know or feel what he's gone through.

My apologies. It is a very dark illness.

Bang!:thumbsu:

It's been discussed widely both by professional commentators and amateur hacks like Big Footy posters (well me anyway) that it takes longer for talls. It took Hawkins what, about 5 years? Boyd will be a gun, I have no doubt. I would be rapt to get him and would definitely be my top choice for pick 1...
And yet, Gary Lyon wants to delist Tom Lee after two years.

Social Media rumours have suggested that the Saints could be looking to pull off a trade with the Giants, which... http://t.co/PLCQVDrZih

Biggest load of crapola going

Why would the club give up pick one for two fringe players who have not shown that much for whatever reason.

An example of a somewhat fair trade would be 1 for 3 and Shiel (It won't happen but I'm illustrating my point) or maybe Boyd for pick 1 straight swap.

Pick 1 would only be given up for a trade that is slightly geared towards us. We hold the aces. I think some posters are forgetting this (I'm not having a go at you Saintos just replying to your post and then adding in a more general comment).

We will either trade it for something fantastic for us or keep it and draft McCartin or Petracca by the looks of it.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One poster on the Draft board summed it up perfectly
seven million twitter, facebook and forum posts all with thousands of rumours from "connections" and not one hint of mcevoy going anywhere

you have to laugh
Facebook rumours about anything are almost never accurate, unless it's a post from St Kilda Football Club with a quote from the Pelican saying "we are after player x and are willing to offer him $y per year over z years".

I know there's a couple of others but I am well and truly on the Viojo-Rainbow bandwagon.

So how bout a change of pace. What can we do to get some more second and third rounders to grab a slider or two, or guys like Viojo-Rainbow who have an elite boot on them?

Hawkins 2007:
9 games, 8 disposals, 3.5 marks, 1.3 goals

Boyd 2014 (with 1 game remaining):
8 games, 6 disposals, 3 marks, 0.9 goals

Hawkins was playing in what would be a Premiership side, Boyd is playing in a team that will win 5 games.

And yet Buddy and Roughead where also in a side that won 5 games and Cameron was in a side that won 2 games. I'm not saying he wont be a star but he hasn't shown me enough to be excited about him yet at afl level. Maybe this week is the week?

if that deal did come to fruition i'd be pretty disappointed tbh. massive overs

What if pick 3 was involved?

Pick 1 for Pick 3 (Wright/McCartin), ORourke & Jacksch....

I know there's a couple of others but I am well and truly on the Viojo-Rainbow bandwagon.

So how bout a change of pace. What can we do to get some more second and third rounders to grab a slider or two, or guys like Viojo-Rainbow who have an elite boot on them?

I wouldn't be disappointed if we didn't even trade in one player, but instead traded in two more 2nd round draft picks. Not that we have a lot of currency their. Montagna is the obvious one.

Not concerned about JORs hamstrings? Looked like a bad injury on the weekend and had constant problems with them as a junior.

We already have Lee who frustrates us with his inability to stay on the park due to his shoulders, do we want another talented player on our list with such injury concerns?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back