Carlton Blues 2014 Offseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I see no value at all in us getting Higgins.

Jaksch, Mitchell offer obvious improvement to our team...hell i can even see the potential gains of getting Blease and Liam Jones but what role would Higgins play? Rather spend the $350-400k elsewhere.

I see no value at all in us getting Higgins.

Jaksch, Mitchell offer obvious improvement to our team...hell i can even see the potential gains of getting Blease and Liam Jones but what role would Higgins play? Rather spend the $350-400k elsewhere.
We're not getting Higgins.

Is that the old "now we aren't getting him we don't want him" argument?
Nah, it's a win/win argument. He was never ours. I think value is around 10-12 given the contract so it could be a complicated deal. If he came, he walks into our midfield. Either way, I'm happy.

Mitchell would be a good get but he can stay and be a 100 game no body.

He already stated he aint going nowhere. He dont wanna go to carlton. He will force himself into a gun sydney midfield instead of being a walk up start for nothing at the blues. He loves this challenge and therefore is staying put.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A reliable poster on the Carlton board has mentioned that Garlett for Melksham could be on the cards, discuss..

Jason Tutt is the new Shane Savage who had Carlton supporters excited last year. Awesome.
A reliable poster on the Carlton board has mentioned that Garlett for Melksham could be on the cards, discuss..
On par with the Reimers rumour that was false. Possibly nothing more than one of the options on Carlton's whiteboard. This reliable poster also said Dean Cox was a done deal. He's retired.

Things can change if clubs go cold on a player. Another reliable poster said Higgins was a certainty. Won't come to Carlton.

Would be happy if it eventuates.

Garlett at his best was a star and will be missed, but since his loss of form and the fact both club and player want a trade, i think melksham is good compensation

Sounds like we might to give up a higher pick to GWS for Jaksch. I wonder if the following is plausible..

Paddy Ryder > PORT
Pick 6 + Jeff Garlett > ESS
Pick 19 > GWS
Kristian Jaksch + Jake Melksham + Pick 16 > CARL

Interesting to find out how evenly our recruiters rate the crop between 6 and 16 this year, could still pick up a Goddard, Ahern, Marchbank type.

Like Kyle Martin as a player. Why isn't he getting a game?

Not sure to tell you the truth. What has been hinted at is that his defensive work isn't good enough, but many would say it is pretty good. He did have an injury interrupted last third of the season. But it was a constant source of frustration to many on the Pies board he wasn't given a decent run in the seniors this year.

Not sure to tell you the truth. What has been hinted at is that his defensive work isn't good enough, but many would say it is pretty good. He did have an injury interrupted last third of the season. But it was a constant source of frustration to many on the Pies board he wasn't given a decent run in the seniors this year.

Doesn't matter now - he just retired.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back