Mega Thread The Random Thoughts Thread Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/get-on-the-clive-train-vote-for-clive.1082145/

#voteclive

251544-waterhouse-port.jpg

I once worked in Personnel (even before it was called Human Resources) and found out we employed both John Lennon and Shirley Maclain. I had to ring a bloke called Zvonko Stulchbauer one time, but no one at his workplace knew who on earth I was talking about. I said you know - the carpenter, mid fifties...Ah! they said - you mean Bob? Turns out the bloke was sick of spelling/explaining his real name, so he 'Anglicised' it.

Which reminds me of a bloke I played tennis against as a kid, who's name was Warren Beatty.

When I used to live in Norwood, I recall seeing a "Dr Needle", and another Dr whos name was Dieu Yong.

I was at Boonies last Test at Adelaide. There was some guy running around with a very long banner saying Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonie

I was at a a game at the WACA once when Boonie was going through a patch of poor form and he was scratching away, struggling to get the ball off the square, and some drunkard yelled out "Show us yer map of Tasmania Boonie, ya campaigner!"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This story starts promisingly but ends poorly.

Unlike the well-heeled European lady of 70's Melbourne's leafy 'burbs whose name was purported to begin with Ç and end with what you'd hope it'd end with.

Pronounced 'Soont', she insisted.

Unlike the well-heeled European lady of 70's Melbourne's leafy 'burbs whose name was purported to begin with Ç and end with what you'd hope it'd end with.

Pronounced 'Soont', she insisted.

I recently had a woman in her 70s telling me how the German name "Kuntz" was pronounced in Australia when she was a child.

I recently had a woman in her 70s telling me how the German name "Kuntz" was pronounced in Australia when she was a child.

When I left uni, my first job was in a large, Melbourne design agency.
Early on in the piece, I had to work with a photographer called James Cant.

Being the goodly raised South Australian, my pronunciation of his surname caused some interesting looks from my Victorian bosses in the weekly WIP meeting.

Reminds me a bit of the Sound of Music snippet ... "What is it you campaignerface?"

Friend's farewell costume party theme is "favourite movie/TV character."

Now there's no way I'm catching the Gawler Central dressed up as "Robin the Boy Wonder."

Trying to think of something that's pretty much everyday gear but recognizable as a character is doing my head in!

Now there's no way I'm catching the Gawler Central dressed up as "Robin the Boy Wonder."

Trying to think of something that's pretty much everyday gear but recognizable as a character is doing my head in!
Go as Romper Stomper...nobody will notice you.

Perce the whino from the Paul Hogan show would easily slip under the radar on the Gawler line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back