Mega Thread The Random Thoughts Thread Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I met an Asian girl called Mai Ling once.

True story.

One of my sons mates went out with a girl called Me Ho. He used to introduce her with "and this is Me Ho"

So, who is going to see Rick Astley when he is in town?
Mrs Powerstufff and I moved over to the UK for a couple of years in the late 80s. All my adult life the best music had been coming from Britain and I looked forward to seeing/hearing it at the source. Astley was the perfect exemplar of what I got. If there was anything good in British music it was submerged in the Stock/Aitken/Waterman tidal wave of s**t, and Rick Astley and Kylie Minogue were at its peak. The cruel joke of fate is that Australian music was still producing good quality stuff and I'd not appreciated it until we'd left.

Guy at work says arks... Infuriating! It's so much harder to say than 'asks'!!! Cracking bloke though, so he gets a free pass.
I got that from my dad. It used to infuriate me too, thats why i do it :p

I love being an annoying campaigner. Keeps everyone on their toes.

I got that from my dad. It used to infuriate me too, thats why i do it :p

I love being an annoying campaigner. Keeps everyone on their toes.
It's a great game to play. However you must play with a passive audience, too many times have I been pushed into bushes/pools and countless other inanimate objects by irritated subjects.

2 hours ago I was blissfully unaware of how much engagement rings cost. Now I am preparing to try and slowly back track from 'those special words' I said on the weekend!

Looks like Mr Hartland has some saving/liquor store robbing/black market cigarette selling to be doing!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Australian sports fans are so unimaginative.

I haven't seen one "Mark Nicholas loves De Kock" banner at the cricket yet.
I actually won a banner contest years ago for tickets in the members against Sri Lanka, Test Match at AO. My banner went something like this.

" There was a young team called Australia. Who very rarely knew failure.
Many teams came and went, all of them spent..........now Sri Lanka we're going to nail ya !! "

Toyota at the time who were sponsors made my banner up and i sat with the fat cats, drank Crownies and ate king prawns for a day, all for free :p

Best banner ever was during a Saffies tour of Australia.

"Stick that up ya, Fanie"

That may be second best.

Best ever was held up when David Boon left the field at Adelaide Oval after playing his final test innings.

It read....

"We'll never forget you Darren Boon"

And now we are are on the name subject. I work in a mine, and have a lot of South African / Africans employed there. We have one dark fella whos first name is Wellbeloved. I kid you not. Hes a great bloke, and wants us to just call him Welly.

When i call for him over the two way " Are ya there Well Beloved "

Every bloody person answers :straining:

That may be second best.

Best ever was held up when David Boon left the field at Adelaide Oval after playing his final test innings.

It read....

"We'll never forget you Darren Boon"
I was at Boonies last Test at Adelaide. There was some guy running around with a very long banner saying Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back