List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have school tomorrow, no arguing with teenagers on here for me....GO TO BED.

You are being foolish now.

Wake up to yourself.

Mccartin may be a very good player, but why is he so much better than Petracca.

Instead of being a troll, answer the question or just dont bother posting

So what's your point? Hollywood...

McCarten plays who many positions? From what's I've seen.... Live/vision he is a goal square ff who presents at the ball....

He is skilled for as big man... But contributes to wins mostly by getting on the end of the ball, qhow many games has he been bog in the last two years... He has also been beaten far too often, for an elite talent.

And I don't like his shape, and would suggest his work rate is a reason he can be held or quiet... Do you know his fitness test numbers?

Injury this year, IMO creates risk.... I didn't see enough domination, for a bloke I'd spend pick one on....

I flew Qatar in July to Paris. Quality food and lots of it (got double breakfast of some of the best pancakes I've ever had - White choc n berry sauce), spacious for a plane but not as good as the Singapore A380 I had on the way home, only thing is that they give you ridiculous amounts of food every time you get a glass of scotch as though it will soak up the booze, quite funny. You won't be disappointed at all but Singapore my favourite in every category. Oh, if you are a Barca fan you'll be happy with Qatar but no Fox footy to be had - you could pay for the Internet on board to watch the draft stream - that would be impressive dedication!

Sorry to go off topic.
Sounds very good! All I need is 2 damn minutes of internet or even phone reception to receive a text. :(

So glad that the pissing contest will be over on Thursday. It's not like we are the recruiting staff or know enough to be paid for it.

BM stating the obvious re CP vs PM. Essentially what has been made public by all and sundry, and the reason why us fans are very nervous about who goes #1. I feel if we go Paddy we will live to regret the decision for the next 10-15 years. CP just looks bulletproof. Will be a star.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok.. Is Petracca a midfield demon or Paddy a forward line Saint? Stay tuned till 7:05 Thursday 27 Nov!

You lost me when you started saying Roo has won nothing.

Please quote where I wrote that BS.

As i recall I have quoted numerous times that we just signed a 6 times AA and 5 B&F winner.

If thats not winning anything dont know what is.

So dont make things up please.

I said Riewoldt did not win a premiership and Judd did. While obviously not contextual and comparing apples with oranges, it was in response to your view talls are better than mids.

My whole issue is where our list sits at the moment.

From what I hear McCartin is an excellent forward.

But when we have Spence and just signed Lee for two years and got rid of Stanley (after years of development) AND we sign our champion for another two years, why do we take a KP?

i dont understand this. Did you see our mids this season get flogged game after game WITH Lenny.

Our mids are in crisis and while Pretracca wont make us world beaters next season, he will make us much better than without him.

We had multiple ten goals losses this year, no part less than our midfields lack of ability and class.

next season will be horrific. Petracca is ready to go Round 1, will picks 21 and 22 who by definition aren't as rated as good as Petracca will be ready.

IMO, without a basis of quality mids our structure and foundations toward a flag will be totally compromised.

These are my reasons. I feel it will be a dreadful mistake to not take Petracca considering where we are at in our development.

Doesn't mean I wont cheer on MCCartin and hope he turns into the new Plugger

As a guy just posted on SS, the one tweet suggesting we take Paddy was trolling for listeners. The reason for overlooking CP was ambiguous at best. CP come on down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a guy just posted on SS, the one tweet suggesting we take Paddy was trolling for listeners. The reason for overlooking CP was ambiguous at best. CP come on down.

Yes the reason were dodgey. Would be a huge swipe at a young bloke about to be drafted, also if it is true, who is leaking this stuff?

CP should be the choice

I'd be more comfortable in taking Petracca, as he has greater exposed form. But McCartin just makes sense to a footy club aiming to be in contention from 2018 onwards. We need that centre-piece forward, the player that you structure and build your team around and from all reports that sort of player won't be available next year, and the following year we'd hope to be further up the ladder, and further away from the luxury of getting who we want via the draft.

To me, it makes sense. This isn't a case of Judd V Ball, because both players were mids. This is Judd V Johno Brown/Nick Riewoldt. I'd take the Brown or Roo every day of the week. But maybe that's just me.

We get McCartin and two gun mids at 21/22 this year, and next year grab the final pieces to our midfield ahead of our serge back up the ladder.

BS, since you have all the measurements and results etc... Can you notice anything in petraccas testing that would make you raise an eyebrow?
When 3AW suggest that his testing wasn't up to scratch, they weren't specific, so while Petracca may not have tested very well at the combine in some areas, I have no doubt that had Paddy tested he also wouldn't have tested very well in some areas (such as endurance/beep test, perhaps the field kicking test and that he tested very poorly for body fat), so it may be that what 3AW were referring to (if what they said is true) was a different kind of testing, such as psychological, or even his most recent medical test (just a few days ago).

All the mail has had us taking Petracca. This is pretty much the first from anywhere at all that we are taking McCartin, so if it's true then perhaps CP got some poor results in his medical last week? Or perhaps his last interview didn't go well?

Personally I'm still hoping for CP, as I have pretty much no questionmarks on him from an on-field POV and reckon he is a ripper and likely to dominate, but if it's to be Paddy it will make more sense from a structural POV and he is also bloody good (albeit with more ? as far as I'm concerned), so it sure wouldn't be the end of the world. We may get very nervous in the first couple of years if we do take Paddy though, if CP bursts out of the blocks and starts kicking ass, while PM is playing in the VFL because he's going to take longer to be ready!

When 3AW suggest that his testing wasn't up to scratch, they weren't specific, so while Petracca may not have tested very well at the combine in some areas, I have no doubt that had Paddy tested he also wouldn't have tested very well in some areas (such as endurance/beep test, perhaps the field kicking test and that he tested very poorly for body fat), so it may be that what 3AW were referring to (if what they said is true) was a different kind of testing, such as psychological, or even his most recent medical test (just a few days ago).

All the mail has had us taking Petracca. This is pretty much the first from anywhere at all that we are taking McCartin, so if it's true then perhaps CP got some poor results in his medical last week? Or perhaps his last interview didn't go well?

Personally I'm still hoping for CP, as I have pretty much no questionmarks on him and reckon he is a ripper, but if it's to be Paddy it will make more sense from a structural POV and he is also bloody good, so it sure wouldn't be the end of the world. We may get very nervous in the first couple of years though, if CP bursts out of the blocks and starts kicking ass, while PM is playing in the VFL because he's going to take longer to be ready.

Great post. I agree if it was the combine we would have heard by now. If it is true and it's a big if, something recent must have spooked them/changed their decision

I just don't care that much. Bains et al will know who to take. I like the idea of Petracca because he'll probably play round 1 next year and for the foreseeable future.

But if Paddy is the best player in the draft, we should take him. I really hope that 0.1% chance happens, and Weller slides to 21, would just about cream myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back