Mega Thread The Random Thoughts Thread Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still in a critical condition

http://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket...eld-match-at-scg/story-fn5k3dxv-1227134415326

From News Limited reporter at the scene, Ben McClellan:

St Vincent's Hospital spokesman David Faktor said Hughes was on life support.
"He underwent a set of scans to establish the extent of his injuries and then a decision was made to perform surgery," he said.
"He arrived in a critical condition and remains in a critical condition. He is undergoing surgery as we speak.
"I understand they intubated him at the scene. He is the best of hands and surrounded by a leading team."
Mr Faktor said he's family was by his side.
"He's got loved ones here at the hospital," he said.

Yeah. Tony Abbott's been doing it too apparently.
I actually think this one can be explained without any malice.

Indian Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, has been in Australia for the G20. Aside from maybe Tendulkar, Modi is the most loved person in India and has 25 million likes on Facebook alone. When Modi went to Brisbane, Abbott posted some stuff with him here and here. That would be more than enough exposure for some Indian fans (from New Delhi - the reportedly most popular city of likes of Tony Abbott) to like Abbott's page. If you check Abbott's facebook likes trend (this is a better pic), then you can see it matches up with the dates on that photo.

Make no mistake, I'm not an Abbott fan, but I don't think this one is as fishy as the AFC.

Go to the movies today.

M&Ms ad asking you to turn off your mobile phone had just finished.

Right on cue, someone's mobile phone rings...

Haha. I had some chic in the Planet cloakroom bring back a genuine leather jacket when I handed her my slip (rather than dedicated matching numbers - duh - you actually signed the one with the coat and again with the one you kept, so they could compare autographs not unlike an old credit card purchase) and when I told her that wasn't mine she had this shitty "DERP you stupid f#@k!" look on her face and compared the signatures again, as if I was pulling her leg for literally no reason.

In hindsight I should've thanked her, made a handsome $400 profit, gotten her fired and myself assumedly embroiled in a Liam Neeson-tier fiasco.

You do know that is a cloakroom chic way of coming on to you...by offering a better coat than the one you dropped off. The shitty look was because you had spurned her advances. She may have had coke covered breasts for you to snort

You do know that is a cloakroom chic way of coming on to you...by offering a better coat than the one you dropped off. The shitty look was because you had spurned her advances. She may have had coke covered breasts for you to snort

Tribey: "I can smell your _ _ _ _ ." /moviequote

Haha. I had some chic in the Planet cloakroom bring back a genuine leather jacket when I handed her my slip (rather than dedicated matching numbers - duh - you actually signed the one with the coat and again with the one you kept, so they could compare autographs not unlike an old credit card purchase) and when I told her that wasn't mine she had this shitty "DERP you stupid f#@k!" look on her face and compared the signatures again, as if I was pulling her leg for literally no reason.

In hindsight I should've thanked her, made a handsome $400 profit, gotten her fired and myself assumedly embroiled in a Liam Neeson-tier fiasco.

Ah the Planet... Three levels of shady.

God I miss footy. Maybe because the draft will be so shallow for us, maybe because I have no interest in other sports, and maybe because I am older...but I can't stand this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It disturbs me immensely that you were at the Planet.

I was 18-19 and had just picked up my Proof of Age Card at Christies Beach Police Station - where else was I gon' go?

Pub? What is the 'Planet' anyway? Don't reckon I recall it, but I haven't really been pissed in Adelaide city since the Grand Prix shindig at the mall in '85

I don't even know where the Planet is. Near Jules I presume.

No.

The nightclub once part-owned by Chris "Bone' McDermott and some fairly dodgy financial backers, still sits vacant on Pirie Street.
I heard a rumour about asbestos in the building but don't know how true that is.

I once attended a Black Flys promotional night there that was one of the most debauched evenings I've ever seen.

McMahons Tonsley?

I went there early 90's when I was at Flinders Uni and they had a talent show.

I made two bouncers and the dj vomit when I got on stage.

#raretalent

Apparently there isn't a single 16GB iPhone 6 in any Optus shop in the entire Adelaide area currently. I find this astounding.
Go to Virgin.... 2GB extra for your entire 24 month plan. I got one the first day I went in there.

It disturbs me immensely that you were at the Planet.
Did you go straight to church after? My nan thought my sister went to some funky new age church every Saturday night in the 90s... Oh old people you say the darnedest things. Can I say that in the current Cosby climate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back