The on topic thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the non Liverpool and Spurs fans, who has had a better season Coutinho or Eriksen? Only 4 months separating them before the Liverpool fans get their knickers in a twist about Eriksen being 23! :rolleyes:

Ericksen, Coutinho has had the better 2015 so far though.
Interesting you say that. 2015, Eriksen 4 goals & 0 assists vs Coutinho 3 goals & 2 assists.

I do get the love affair with Coutinho, very easy on the eye player! But I'd say his 13/14 form was just as good, just got over shadowed with Suarez and Sturridge in the side.

No I think the BBC would do what the BBC always do. Report the facts of the case, of which there are very little other than the fact he has been arrested, and what he has been arrested on suspicion of. They don't tend to sensationalise, they don't tend to push the boundaries legally speaking. Maybe they would report Liverpool coming out to a game wearing free Suarez t shirts again.

Don't like to defend the English media as they are generally awful but your conspiracy theory is off base on this one. All of the tabloids have this on front and back cover.

Remember also that being arrested is not really a significant thing, it is a formality that must be done in order for police to be able to question him. As a result of these questions charges will be laid or they won't. Thats why reputable papers won't be going big with this for the time being.
So what? It wasnt even one of the major stories with a picture. The second top story was Juve's draw with Roma. That's not even happening in England. Surely just the accusation, the arrest and the story itself would be reported as a top story. But the BBC hid it to one side.

The English media is *ed.

Also what are you on about. Suarez has only being found guilty of racism once. The Evra case. It wasnt a repeat offender??

Well nothing on BBC's sport website. Terry didnt get anywhere near the attention Suarez got, he also didnt get the same sentence amazingly.

But English media. What can ya do.
That's because Chelsea didn't wear 'we support John Terry' shirts before the next game.

To the non Liverpool and Spurs fans, who has had a better season Coutinho or Eriksen? Only 4 months separating them before the Liverpool fans get their knickers in a twist about Eriksen being 23! :rolleyes:
Coutinho is the better player. It's not all about goals and assists. Eriksen gets his goals more from dead ball situations too. Coutinho more from open play. On the ball though, Coutinho is superior.

Eriksen is very good though, no slight on him.

So what? It wasnt even one of the major stories with a picture. The second top story was Juve's draw with Roma. That's not even happening in England. Surely just the accusation, the arrest and the story itself would be reported as a top story. But the BBC hid it to one side.

The English media is ******ed.

Also what are you on about. Suarez has only being found guilty of racism once. The Evra case. It wasnt a repeat offender??
The facts are that nobody really cares about Adam Johnson away from Wearside. Juve and Roma at the top of Serie A is far more interesting to a sports searching audience than the Johnson case. It's a criminal matter, not a sporting one, and they have to be VERY careful with what they print because, if he's not guilty, he would sue the pants off them if they reported anything incorrectly.

Coutinho is the better player. It's not all about goals and assists. Eriksen gets his goals more from dead ball situations too. Coutinho more from open play. On the ball though, Coutinho is superior.

Eriksen is very good though, no slight on him.
Can only really think of two or three free kicks, so you can shove your assertion that Coutinho is better like its fact where the sun doesn't shine.

Eriksen scores most of his goals late, and generally they're placed shots from open play.

The fact that he can take a dead ball just adds to why some think he's better.

Me? I haven't seen enough of Coutinho to know enough either way.

The English media is ******ed.

The penalty is four weeks. It is doubled if you use the racist/offensive language more than once during the exchange.

Not saying it's right/wrong, but those were the rules as I understand.

As for the BBC, it is in line with how they would report things like this. They won't go big on it until/if he is charged. Foreigner or no foreigner makes no difference. Take the tin foil hat off jod. If the BBC splashed an English Liverpool player over the front page of their site in the same circumstances you would be outraged.

The penalty is four weeks. It is doubled if you use the racist/offensive language more than once during the exchange.

Not saying it's right/wrong, but those were the rules as I understand.

As for the BBC, it is in line with how they would report things like this. They won't go big on it until/if he is charged. Foreigner or no foreigner makes no difference. Take the tin foil hat off jod. If the BBC splashed an English Liverpool player over the front page of their site in the same circumstances you would be outraged.
First off that is ridiculous. So if I call someone the N word twice in a game instead of once, the ban is doubled. That's completely and totally ridiculous. They are not the rules surely because that's just stupid.

Foreigner definitely makes a difference. We've seen a million times with the English media. But whatever bro.

Can only really think of two or three free kicks, so you can shove your assertion that Coutinho is better like its fact where the sun doesn't shine.

Eriksen scores most of his goals late, and generally they're placed shots from open play.

The fact that he can take a dead ball just adds to why some think he's better.

Me? I haven't seen enough of Coutinho to know enough either way.
Very aggressive haha.

First off that is ridiculous. So if I call someone the N word twice in a game instead of once, the ban is doubled. That's completely and totally ridiculous. They are not the rules surely because that's just stupid.

Foreigner definitely makes a difference. We've seen a million times with the English media. But whatever bro.
The rules have been changed but I believe they were the rules at the time.

I also agree that the media does have its favourites and in general they do favour English players/managers.

But you've picked the wrong horse for this battle. The media in general is making a big deal out of this. As I've said front and back covers on the tabloids today.

The BBC isnt because they never do on something like this. Foreigner or not. You seem desperate for the BBC to do something that you would be outraged about if it was done to a Liverpool player.

Just so you can play the "world is against Liverpool/Suarez" game when neither Liverpool or Suarez have anything to do with this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The rules have been changed but I believe they were the rules at the time.

I also agree that the media does have its favourites and in general they do favour English players/managers.

But you've picked the wrong horse for this battle. The media in general is making a big deal out of this. As I've said front and back covers on the tabloids today.

The BBC isnt because they never do on something like this. Foreigner or not. You seem desperate for the BBC to do something that you would be outraged about if it was done to a Liverpool player.

Just so you can play the "world is against Liverpool/Suarez" game when neither Liverpool or Suarez have anything to do with this.
You keep bringing up Liverpool. Liverpool have nothing to do with what im saying. Im talking about foreign players and the media in England. Anyways moving on.

I was using Suarez as an example as he is the most extreme and obvious example for a foreign player being torn to shreds in the English media.

But anyways, it's like talking to a small child. Or a wall.

Let's move on shall we.
No he was the most obvious example of a diver, cheat, biter and racist torn to shreds in the media.

Who happened to be foreign.

Its people like you who the "it's never your fault" song is aimed at.

No he was the most obvious example of a diver, cheat, biter and racist torn to shreds in the media.

Who happened to be foreign.

Its people like you who the "it's never your fault" song is aimed at.
Ssshhhh now Moomba.

Let's move on. You make arguments where there arent any. It's an incredible skill.

I'm not arguing. Just genuinely confused why you are complaining that the press isnt doing to one person what you've complained about them doing to another.

And choosing the totally wrong media organisation to highlight your gripe.

Anyyyyway.

The Spurs v Chelsea youth cup semi is being televised by itv apparently. Not sure if one or both legs. Should be streams about I would imagine. Hopefully the City v Leicester (he he) tie will be on the TV too. I'm going to try and get to the home leg.

Love the youth cup.

BBC only report facts, that's one of the great things about their reporting style. All they're going to say is that he's been arrested because that's all that they can say factually.

Different kind of players but I prefer Eriksen. He controls the game for Spurs. Coutinho is more icing on the cake. As for this season, Eriksen seems to rescue Spurs with a late goal or assist every few weeks so him for mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back