The on topic thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeh, no doubt. And most footballers have never been hard up for 'nailing' a glamour or two so to them it is just another notch.
While that theory holds weight. To cheat on her with another hot woman is fair enough, maybe he is sick of his girlfriend. But to cheat on her with a 14 year old? Yeah nah. Crazy.

Also the BBC and English media in general is ridiculous.

Johnson is accused of having sex with a 14 year old. Sure he might be innocent but you would think it would the absolute top story dominating BBC's football webpage. But it isnt.

The top story apparently is the death of Dave Mackay, who was 80.

Then they have several stories with pictures attached, stories about how Chelsea celebrated the cup win, Parma's demise, Juve's draw with Roma, a team of the week story, a Qatar story and a story about how Liverpool's duo beat City.

Then on the sidebar with no fuss, no picture, no splashed headline.

It just says... Sunderland's Johnson in sex arrest.

Now imagine if it wasnt Johnson and it was say.... Luis Suarez. I wonder if it would be on the same position on the website.

Bloody English media.

Reputable papers won't go big on it because he has only been arrested. If I said you raped me you would be arrested, it has to be done before you can question a suspect. He hasnt been charged, there is really nothing for the media to write about other than he has been arrested. By rights he shouldnt even be publicly named let alone plastered over the newspapers.

Tabloids have it on the front and back page as you would expect.

No anti Suarez tin foil hat conspiracy I'm afraid.

It's not that ludicrous. He's 22 and currently Liverpool's best player and on current form one of the best players in the PL. I think the potential is there to be in that second tier of players. Still a ways to go and obviously no guarantees it will happen but it's not beyond the realms of possibility.
Yes it is. He's had a good half a season.

He's well below that second rung too.

I dont think anyone has anything against Liverpool. I just mentioned Suarez because he was the obvious one. Replace Suarez with any foreigner and it would be all over the websites. But he is English so it's kept under wraps.

It was obvious with the Terry v Suarez racism stuff anyways.

Also the BBC and English media in general is ridiculous.

Johnson is accused of having sex with a 14 year old. Sure he might be innocent but you would think it would the absolute top story dominating BBC's football webpage. But it isnt.

The top story apparently is the death of Dave Mackay, who was 80.

Then they have several stories with pictures attached, stories about how Chelsea celebrated the cup win, Parma's demise, Juve's draw with Roma, a team of the week story, a Qatar story and a story about how Liverpool's duo beat City.

Then on the sidebar with no fuss, no picture, no splashed headline.

It just says... Sunderland's Johnson in sex arrest.

Now imagine if it wasnt Johnson and it was say.... Luis Suarez. I wonder if it would be on the same position on the website.

Bloody English media.
A football site with stories about football all over it? British media are a disgrace!

I dont think anyone has anything against Liverpool. I just mentioned Suarez because he was the obvious one. Replace Suarez with any foreigner and it would be all over the websites. But he is English so it's kept under wraps.

It was obvious with the Terry v Suarez racism stuff anyways.

he hasn't been charged. he's been arrested on suspicion. what else are they going to say?

suarez is also a more high profile player than adam bloody johnson. and terry get absolutely pillared for his, the difference was chelsea didn't make the song and dance about it that liverpool did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well nothing on BBC's sport website. Terry didnt get anywhere near the attention Suarez got, he also didnt get the same sentence amazingly.

But English media. What can ya do.

I don't really get you. If it was a Liverpool player being spread all over the papers you would be screaming from the rooftops about how unfair it is.

So now you whining because the BBC (who rarely sensationalise stuff like that) aren't spreading Johnsons name all over the papers.

What exactly do you want?

I don't really get you. If it was a Liverpool player being spread all over the papers you would be screaming from the rooftops about how unfair it is.

So now you whining because the BBC (who rarely sensationalise stuff like that) aren't spreading Johnsons name all over the papers.

What exactly do you want?
What I want is for the English media to stop protecting there own and to stop demonising foreigners. That would be nice.

What I want is for the English media to stop protecting there own and to stop demonising foreigners. That would be nice.
Don't think Terry or Giggs got much protection and what they did wasn't even illegal. Anyway he was only arrested on suspicion so there is no point slandering him until he is proven guilty.

So you think the BBC are protecting Johnson?

So you think the BBC are protecting Johnson?
It would seem that way yes.

Honestly if Suarez was still at Liverpool and it was him that got named. You think the BBC website would just have that as a small written headline in the side bar. Suarez arrested in sex charge.

Or do you think it would be the top story splashed on the website with a picture attached or Suarez biting Ivanovic or something.

Don't think Terry or Giggs got much protection and what they did wasn't even illegal. Anyway he was only arrested on suspicion so there is no point slandering him until he is proven guilty.
Terry got no protection? He got found guilty for racism then didnt even get the same amount of games as Suarez did??

It would seem that way yes.

Honestly if Suarez was still at Liverpool and it was him that got named. You think the BBC website would just have that as a small written headline in the side bar. Suarez arrested in sex charge.

Or do you think it would be the top story splashed on the website with a picture attached or Suarez biting Ivanovic or something.

No I think the BBC would do what the BBC always do. Report the facts of the case, of which there are very little other than the fact he has been arrested, and what he has been arrested on suspicion of. They don't tend to sensationalise, they don't tend to push the boundaries legally speaking. Maybe they would report Liverpool coming out to a game wearing free Suarez t shirts again.

Don't like to defend the English media as they are generally awful but your conspiracy theory is off base on this one. All of the tabloids have this on front and back cover.

Remember also that being arrested is not really a significant thing, it is a formality that must be done in order for police to be able to question him. As a result of these questions charges will be laid or they won't. Thats why reputable papers won't be going big with this for the time being.

Terry got no protection? He got found guilty for racism then didnt even get the same amount of games as Suarez did??

Suarez was found guilty on doing it on more than one occasion. Terry was found guilty of doing it once.

Double the penalty according to FA rules at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back