Wii/U The Nintendo Wii U thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone tried Metroid Prime Trilogy?

Quick question - do you need to be sitting up in your chair to play it? Or can you play it while lying down?

I hope that doesn't make me sound too much like one of those morbidly obese types who eventually has the roof of their house removed before their corpse can be crane lifted from their beds when they die
if is the same as it was on the wii, i think as long as there is no obstruction between the wiimote and the sensor bar you should be fine. iirc there are a couple of different movement settings which you can play around with anyway.

I've always wanted to dabble in that. But I'm not a Metroid fan by any stretch.

That is, I never tried to get into it and don't know if it is to my tastes.
you've never tried getting into the prime series games or any metroid game at all?

Is this the same idiot who wanted Master Sheep or whatever his name is?

Or some kind of Tekken/SF/MK/SC fanboy?

Or some PS/XBox fanboy?

did you get the e-mail about the falcon amiibo? they still have it in stock..!

did you get the e-mail about the falcon amiibo? they still have it in stock..!
No I didn't. Somehow. Thankfully I was preordering DBZ Xenoverse (which I did get an email for...) and decided to look at my bookmarks at the exact right time. Last of the stock, baby!

Just got Mass Effect 3 put aside for me at JB for $10. Amazing how much reduction in price is possible for stores if you ask.

Also sent an email to EB about any Zelda and Xenoblade special pre orders. They just don't know yet which I thought would be the case, but they are pretty hopeful for a Zelda one at the least. By the sounds of things people weren't happy with a lack of WWHD one.

Just got Mass Effect 3 put aside for me at JB for $10. Amazing how much reduction in price is possible for stores if you ask.

Also sent an email to EB about any Zelda and Xenoblade special pre orders. They just don't know yet which I thought would be the case, but they are pretty hopeful for a Zelda one at the least. By the sounds of things people weren't happy with a lack of WWHD one.
I wouldn't trust them to advertise if so. Not anymore.

Amy idea when n64 will be available on wii u virtual console?

Eb games in midland wa had the GameCube adapters when i went in today. Not official nintendo though

Also just realised you can get the pdp brand controllers that plug into the bottom of the wiimotes. No need for an adapter. Also works with any vc games that require gamepad controller

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bought a Wii U yesterday. i somehow fried my old Wii controllers a couple of years back through a third party charger so I bought a couple of shitty third party ones off eBay for about $45 (motion 2 in 1 or something). thinking of getting this too: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-x-Wire...12?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item233d16e85c because I'll inevitably need pro controllers. is it worth buying the official ones for effectively triple the price of one of these eBay ones or would the third party ones suffice (within reason)

bought a Wii U yesterday. i somehow fried my old Wii controllers a couple of years back through a third party charger so I bought a couple of shitty third party ones off eBay for about $45 (motion 2 in 1 or something). thinking of getting this too: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-x-Wire...12?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item233d16e85c because I'll inevitably need pro controllers. is it worth buying the official ones for effectively triple the price of one of these eBay ones or would the third party ones suffice (within reason)

I mainly play solo on the gamepad but have 3 pro controllers. One of them is an official wii u one which my girlfriend uses for mario kart a few times a week. The other 2 are for when there's a group of us wanting to play - maybe every second week or so.

There's definitely a big quality difference between the official one and the other 2 (which I bought off ebay). The unofficial ones rattle about a bit and feel way less sturdy than the proper one. Having said that, they work fine and there's been no problem with them in terms of performance.

So really it depends what you're gonna use them for. Intense work outs should be confined to official controllers but if it's occasional use then a cheaper one can certainly work out pretty well.

Amy idea when n64 will be available on wii u virtual console?

No idea when N64 games will come to the wii u. You can go into wii mode to get them but i can't stand the wiimote so I've kept clear so far.

Just got my Wii U library up to 20 on the weekend and all of them are quality (with the exception of Watchdogs which imo is still ok, and a nice deviation from other Wii U games). I mean the catalogue of games they have is really good and more than big enough I reckon.

Not sure if it had been mentioned, but bayonetta 2 (and the original) are amazing games. Just about finished 2 and have had a ball playing them.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Not sure if it had been mentioned, but bayonetta 2 (and the original) are amazing games. Just about finished 2 and have had a ball playing them.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
I suck at it so far. Not being good at DMC might contribute.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back