Wii/U The Nintendo Wii U thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Got Link and MM, just need DK and Cpt Falcon and Im set.
Cpt. Falcon for me. Stupid OGS.

Well, if GAME deliveries do actually reach their destination. (more than three weeks since the postage from the UK is NOT a good sign)
And if Amazon.de comes through.

Ok, I need advice.

I have all 3 waves. Full sets. Sealed.

Do I cash out now? or wait for Wave 4? Or just keep them long term? My game guy at JB tells me that the Nintendo rep has told him that Nintendo Japan still has TONNES of stock in a Japanese warehouse of Waves 1 and 2 that they're holding onto for the time being. Not sure whether to believe that or not.

Because I think Nintendo is going to release too many of these to be able to keep up. So I'm thinking I might cash out after Wave 4.

Ok, I need advice.

I have all 3 waves. Full sets. Sealed.

Do I cash out now? or wait for Wave 4? Or just keep them long term? My game guy at JB tells me that the Nintendo rep has told him that Nintendo Japan still has TONNES of stock in a Japanese warehouse of Waves 1 and 2 that they're holding onto for the time being. Not sure whether to believe that or not.

Because I think Nintendo is going to release too many of these to be able to keep up. So I'm thinking I might cash out after Wave 4.
It's all just speculation really. Some people say they're discontinued, others don't. No one can be sure unless you're working for Nintendo.

FWIW, as someone who doesn't much care for the amiibo's, I'd be selling them nowish while they're in hot demand and letting someone who wants to collect them have them.

They're also a licence to print money for Nintendo so I'd be really surprised if we didn't see every wave come out again at some point in the future. At the end of the day Nintendo have to do the right thing by the shareholders and this seems like an obvious thing to do.

So I'd say sell if you're not keen on collecting them. Not necessarily right this second if you want the wave 4 ones too, but I'd be doing it in the next few months.

Yep cash out ASAP or very long term (years) are the only options. They are definitely going to keep releasing them in dribs & drabs until the demand is gone.
That's what I heard yesterday when I ordered Marth, etc (through a mate in the supply business) which are already set to get another stocking in mid Feb.
Can almost guarantee Nintendo are sitting on a crap load

Yep cash out ASAP or very long term (years) are the only options. They are definitely going to keep releasing them in dribs & drabs until the demand is gone.
That's what I heard yesterday when I ordered Marth, etc (through a mate in the supply business) which are already set to get another stocking in mid Feb.

Heard the same thing from and for the big Target and Big W stores in Brisbane

It's all just speculation really. Some people say they're discontinued, others don't. No one can be sure unless you're working for Nintendo.

FWIW, as someone who doesn't much care for the amiibo's, I'd be selling them nowish while they're in hot demand and letting someone who wants to collect them have them.

They're also a licence to print money for Nintendo so I'd be really surprised if we didn't see every wave come out again at some point in the future. At the end of the day Nintendo have to do the right thing by the shareholders and this seems like an obvious thing to do.

So I'd say sell if you're not keen on collecting them. Not necessarily right this second if you want the wave 4 ones too, but I'd be doing it in the next few months.

Hm...sounds like I might need to cash out before Wave 4 comes....Then just stick to buying the ones I want for myself like I have now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone tried Metroid Prime Trilogy?

Quick question - do you need to be sitting up in your chair to play it? Or can you play it while lying down?

I hope that doesn't make me sound too much like one of those morbidly obese types who eventually has the roof of their house removed before their corpse can be crane lifted from their beds when they die

Episode 3 for Captain Toad Treasure Adventure.

Those bonus levels from Super Mario 3d world are really boring with Toad. Though it makes me want to go back and finish that game.

DO IT.

3D World is one of my favourite games on the WiiU (Wind Waker is making a serious claim for the number one spot - why do I enjoy cruising the ocean and charting the maps and hunting the treasure so much?) and finally clearing Champion's Road is pretty much my greatest gaming accomplishment.

It's a total blast and my only regret with the game is that I had no-one to play it consistently with, as there were a handful of times we did multiplayer was a blast.

DO IT.

3D World is one of my favourite games on the WiiU (Wind Waker is making a serious claim for the number one spot - why do I enjoy cruising the ocean and charting the maps and hunting the treasure so much?) and finally clearing Champion's Road is pretty much my greatest gaming accomplishment.

It's a total blast and my only regret with the game is that I had no-one to play it consistently with, as there were a handful of times we did multiplayer was a blast.
Somehow I've forgotten I have World ... And damn you with your multiple players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back