Wii/U The Nintendo Wii U thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah I bought the old school one 2D styles.

May get the 3D one later so it can sit on the shelf and collect dust with the rest of this stuff

Smash is incredible. That and mario kart makes me justify purchase.

One of us, one of us. :)

What Mario? 3d world is the one you really need.

Still need to organise a bigfooty Mario Kart online session one day.

Really annoying that you can't chat during the races.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thinking of buying one of these over the coming weeks; seems to be the perfect second system. However since I'm buying predominantly for local multiplayer I'll need to buy at least one extra controller. My issue is that I just have no clue what I'm buying. There are so many different types. GamePad (not buying more of these), standard controllers (******* hated these back in the Wii days; not sure if they've improved), Wii U Pro Controllers (which I haven't seen available anywhere...yet ironically seem to be the most usable) and GameCube controllers (love them but think they're wired and you need an adaptor for them which = more money). Plus it seems like some games are incompatible with some controllers and others are incompatible with other controllers. I just have no idea what the best option would be. Any advice?

Thinking of buying one of these over the coming weeks; seems to be the perfect second system. However since I'm buying predominantly for local multiplayer I'll need to buy at least one extra controller. My issue is that I just have no clue what I'm buying. There are so many different types. GamePad (not buying more of these), standard controllers (******* hated these back in the Wii days; not sure if they've improved), Wii U Pro Controllers (which I haven't seen available anywhere...yet ironically seem to be the most usable) and GameCube controllers (love them but think they're wired and you need an adaptor for them which = more money). Plus it seems like some games are incompatible with some controllers and others are incompatible with other controllers. I just have no idea what the best option would be. Any advice?

You can't buy more GamePads. The GamePad works with every game. The Pro Controller and Wiimote+nunchuck work with the vast majority of games, apart from a few single player games (like Lego City Undercover). It's not as complex as it may appear.

I would go for a mix personally, because your friends may prefer a different control scheme to what you like. If you have a Wiimote already you can just use that, but definitely get at least one Pro.

Pro Controller is the only answer.

Everyone discusses who has the better controller out of PS4 and X1, I'd like to think it's because the Pro Controller is in a league of its own, its the most comfortable of the 3 imo and the battery life is absolutely ridiculous, think I've only charged mine once since buying it. I had a low battery warning about a week and a half ago, still hasn't gone flat.

Last edited:

As someone else said, the answer you're looking for is the Wii U Pro Controller.

Has anyone bought the better game pad battery? I've heard awesome things about it and might pick it up in the UK later this year, but just wanted to get some extra opinions

Pro Controller is the only answer.

Everyone discusses who has the better controller out of PS4 and X1, I'd like to think it's because the Pro Controller is in a league of its own, its the most comfortable of the 3 imo and the battery life is absolutely ridiculous, think I've only charged mine once since buying it. I had a low battery warning about a week and a half ago, still hasn't gone flat.

Your right about the Pro Controller like you i only had to charge it once since i got it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back