Autopsy Post game. Close but not quite. Pies down by 10

Remove this Banner Ad

So close!
You felt like they could have pulled it off tonight, and therefore it was probably a little more disappointing in some ways than last week.
But I didn't expect it to be such an arm wrestle, and such a good close contest.
It was a surprisingly close battle and it showed there's not too much between the teams now

Congratulations to the boys for a terrific game on a difficult night.

Bad kicking is bad football. So frustrating watching us kick point after point after point and then watch the hawks go down the other end kick a goal and be 9 points up. Surprised my hand isn't broken from all my anger issues tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

F*** me, we need to take the route of red carding any Hawks pretending to be consoling and coming and saying 'great game'.
Go back to your board and circle jirk each other. Nothing drives me more wild

We were good in general play, not good enough to capitalise. Bucks plays a risky style against the Hawks in the midfield, and it has shown tonight it can pay off, but forwards didn't seal the deal. We honestly could've won that by 5 goals. Very disappointing.

Moore can't be fast tracked fast enough. I could handle Cloke as the roaming CHF but when he's our main key forward, we're not going to win finals unless we get lucky.

In the end, Hawthorn did enough to win, and we had two games in a row against genuine contenders where we would've won, had we not dropped our bundles. We absolutely need to win our next two, and I don't know if we have it in us.

Our forwards need to hang their heads in shame

Fasolo - Normally so accurate, missed 2 he would normally get today.

Cloke - Pathetic. 10 years at the elite level and still can't kick a goal from 20 metres out. How do you even defend that?

White - Mentally weak. Choked again in the last quarter then was too scared to take a shot.

Elliot - Sadly goes MIA in big games recently.

De Goey Moore and Maynard all showed something, but Moore and Maynard were clearly not ready for a debut. We have got 3 good players for the future though.

Most of our senior players (except Varcoe and Pendlebury) really let us down.

Crisp and Williams were brilliant

Remove this Banner Ad

Back