Traded Adam Treloar [traded w/ #28 to Collingwood for #7, #65, 2016 first rounder]

Remove this Banner Ad

He spoke very graciously which is nice but a lot of that is cold comfort for us given he spent the year saying he was definitely going to stay.

Anyway, we move on

That is the Idea. Sucks that your Team Losing a Young Gun in Treloar. Though Kennedy sounds like he be a Good Replacement.

We had the Same Thing With Beams. Beams did not say anything but he never said he left.

Would you Rather Treloar came out during the Season and said he was Leaving for Collingwood?

That is the Idea. Sucks that your Team Losing a Young Gun in Treloar. Though Kennedy sounds like he be a Good Replacement.

We had the Same Thing With Beams. Beams did not say anything but he never said he left.

Would you Rather Treloar came out during the Season and said he was Leaving for Collingwood?

We'd still be flat but we wouldn't feel blindsighted. He could not have been more emphatic about staying.

Don't think he did his reputation any good by flat out lying but I guess unless you're in that position it's hard to judge.

We'd still be flat but we wouldn't feel blindsighted. He could not have been more emphatic about staying.

Don't think he did his reputation any good by flat out lying but I guess unless you're in that position it's hard to judge.

Well has any player during the Season came out and Said they where Leaving.

Treloar might of been telling the Truth - He might of not heard of the Offer at that Time

Who knows...so many rumours.

Anyways he's your player now and we concentrate on Hopper and Kennedy

Not Quite our Player yet. Trade Still has to Happen but you would think by this time next week. The Trade should be Done.

Yeah - The Negations won't be found out until Trade be done. Not sure what to Believe though at the Moment in what is true and not

Treloar might of been telling the Truth - He might of not heard of the Offer at that Time

His phrasing was that it was a matter of time before he re-signed with the Giants. If he was open to leaving, he shouldn't have headed down that path. Shiel never said anything of the sort and handled it a lot better. Most GWS supporters would have been more understanding of him leaving precisely because he wasn't so vocal about how he would be staying.

His phrasing was that it was a matter of time before he re-signed with the Giants. If he was open to leaving, he shouldn't have headed down that path. Shiel never said anything of the sort and handled it a lot better. Most GWS supporters would have been more understanding of him leaving precisely because he wasn't so vocal about how he would be staying.
You're damned if you do, you're damned if you don't in those situations regardless of player or team.

Looking back on it now. It does not know look Great with him Coming our Shortly After Barrett 1st came out with the Report that Collingwood made him a Big Offer.

So 1 of 2 Things could mean:

• He had not offered the Contract
  • He got the Offer and at that time he thought he would stay at GWS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

200.gif

I think the main reason he changed his tune from "I want to stay" to "I'm going" is because of something going on at the club, likely a combination of salary cap pressure meaning they couldn't offer him more than an average deal, and the club's own desire to stock up on enough first round picks to pay for their Academy kids. I reckon GWS were aware they were going to have to lose a big fish at some point in order to make their list management plans work, and I think they decided that player was going to be Treloar.

Just my own little conspiracy theory, not backed up by any inside knowledge or anything.

Lachie Henderson. That went well for him didn't it. Its little wonder these guys need to shut their mouth or tell porkie pies all season if they are planning on leaving.

agree, just puts more pressure on GWS to accept the Pie offer

It's a good play from Carlton, but GWS would be ropeable with it! They dig in their heels only for Carlton to swoop in and provide Collingwood leverage. To put it mildly it isn't an ideal situation for Gubby...

The other angle I did find interesting about the information was that Carlton can trump the monetary offer to AT.

I had thought the cap was tight at Icon Park so it looks like Yarran and Henderson moving will free things up nicely!

It's a good play from Carlton, but GWS would be ropeable with it! They dig in their heels only for Carlton to swoop in and provide Collingwood leverage. To put it mildly it isn't an ideal situation for Gubby...

The other angle I did find interesting about the information was that Carlton can trump the monetary offer to AT.

I had thought the cap was tight at Icon Park so it looks like Yarran and Henderson moving will free things up nicely!

Yarran, Henderson, Judd, Carrazzo, Warnock all leaving this year frees a lot of space. Other contracts were heavily front loaded from all accounts ie Thomas and Gibbs. There should be room in the coffers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back