Traded Adam Treloar [traded w/ #28 to Collingwood for #7, #65, 2016 first rounder]

Remove this Banner Ad

Us trying to steal Treloar away from the Pies reminds me of when the Tigers were trying to sneak Judd away from us during negotiations back in 2007.
The only difference may be that AT is open to coming to the Blues, whereas Judd didn't want to go to Tigerland.
Anyway, at the end of the day, the Pies will get their man.
He have to be the obly bloke in the league that would be open to it

Going to get both Aish and Treloar with the same 1st round pick? Eddie truly will be the greatest ever if he pulls that off.

Collingwood are going to have to end up choosing, and could well miss out on both.

Plenty of ways to skin a cat. We can easily trade for both.

The Treloar deal is done, young Adam is already doing running sessions in the altitude room at Westpac / Holden / Lexus Centre.

Treloar wants GWS to be adequately compensated by which ever suitor, it's still a 3 horse race but I can't see us parting with pick #1! By all reports Weitering is an absolute standout junior, will be the best CHB in the league in 3-4 years... WANT!
Happy for Tigers and Pies to scrap over him.

Going to get both Aish and Treloar with the same 1st round pick? Eddie truly will be the greatest ever if he pulls that off.

Collingwood are going to have to end up choosing, and could well miss out on both.

I think the hope is that Brisbane come to the table for two second rounders or something similar.

However in the case that doesn't eventuate, Treloar would be the priority. Swan is still playing great footy but he's nearing the end. Treloar will be coming into his peak when Swan pulls up the boots so he's a perfect ready made replacement.

For what it's worth, I think the deal will be two first rounders for Treloar and a second (or a player of equivalent value).

Jury still out on Aish.
Didnt go about it like other players in the "im here for 2 years only" position.

All well and good until a bigger offer comes from a more successful club.

So it can only be Hawthorn or Sydney or Geelong on recent years' form, or Carlton or Essendon on long-historical form.

If Hawthorn, Sydney or Geelong have enough cash to offer Treloar I would be surprised. I would also be surprised if they had better offers than the Pies based on their ladder finishes.

Nope.

Carlton - wooden spooners.

Essendon, 4th last, may have no list next year, unstable.

Nope.

The only competitive destinations are St Kilda, North or Richmond.

St Kilda and Richmond have the cash and reasonable picks to satiate GWS, but North probably have neither.

So in reality, I think you are speaking bs.

But what about Richmond?
You mean that club that couldn't convince Treloar to join them and with less trade currency than the Pies, even our current bid will out do their 1st 2015 & 2016. What about them?

I wonder if people are having general discussions on here about what ifs, or genuinely believe that there is a twist in the dealings of GWS and Collingwood.

I wonder if people are having general discussions on here about what ifs, or genuinely believe that there is a twist in the dealings of GWS and Collingwood.
Most of them fishing. Pies , Tigers and Giants have gone over this for months, we know what's at stake and needs to be done. Now a report comes out that links other clubs out of nowhere and the ill informed start joining the convo thinking they got a chance. I am just glad trade week isn't during school holidays

You mean that club that couldn't convince Treloar to join them and with less trade currency than the Pies, even our current bid will out do their 1st 2015 & 2016. What about them?

What is your bid? First this year and second next year?

Plenty of ways to skin a cat. We can easily trade for both.

The Treloar deal is done, young Adam is already doing running sessions in the altitude room at Westpac / Holden / Lexus Centre.

When does Treloars contract end at GWS?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is your bid? First this year and second next year?
I thought so but there are also rumours going it is 1st now and next with something coming back to us. Nothing though that indicates it has reached a stalemate or offering extreme unders that forces GWS to look elsewhere. And we have enough left to get a reasonable deal on Aish too.

Most of them fishing. Pies , Tigers and Giants have gone over this for months, we know what's at stake and needs to be done. Now a report comes out that links other clubs out of nowhere and the ill informed start joining the convo thinking they got a chance. I am just glad trade week isn't during school holidays
Did you listen to Balmey on SEN? Ripping listening, they got right into SEN about the crap they broadcast about it all.

I thought so but there are also rumours going it is 1st now and next with something coming back to us. Nothing though that indicates it has reached a stalemate or offering extreme unders that forces GWS to look elsewhere. And we have enough left to get a reasonable deal on Aish too.
I got info a while ago your first next year was for another deal, I posted this info on your board. Had push come to shove and he was in two minds about us or you guys you would trump us trade wise if need be, obviously.

Worst case, we part with two first rounders for Treloar. Worst case, we cough up two high second rounders for Aish. With Kennedy, Freeman, Seedsman and possibly Oxley moving, the idea we won't have the currency is ridiculous.

I got info a while ago your first next year was for another deal, I posted this info on your board. Had push come to shove and he was in two minds about us or you guys you would trump us trade wise if need be, obviously.
Not too happy about that next year either. Does limit us for big trades other coming up as you mentioned. With GWS and to lesser extent Brisbane needing points, a volley of 2nd should also do me would think. Which would limit us in getting depth. So either we have made that call or we might be able to trade our way up.

Not too happy about that next year either. Does limit us for big trades other coming up as you mentioned. With GWS and to lesser extent Brisbane needing points, a volley of 2nd should also do me would think. Which would limit us in getting depth. So either we have made that call or we might be able to trade our way up.
I wouldn't have a problem giving two first for Treloar, the kid is immense. I have a feeling Brisbane may stick to what they're saying about Aish... this crap needs to stop.

A more successful club? He cant be going to the wooden spooners.
Hawthorn or any club higher on the ladder than Collingwood for that matter.
Do Collingwood fans really think that all the other Victorian clubs will sit on their hands and only deal with the picks that they currently have?
Jesus wept!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back