Mega Thread The Random Thoughts Thread Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That genuinely could have been something just inexplicably huge. They absolutely completely stuffed up a massive opportunity. Upsetting, really.

Biggest problem was that it wasn't licensed to to make games from the movies, it had to draw directly from the books with original designs for everything, which would've alienated some.

The game world and setting are still quite something though. Climbing to the top of weathertop doesn't get old.

Last edited:

Fallout 4 PC specs are out.

Minimum:

• Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
  • Intel Core i5-2300 2.8 GHz/AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0 GHz or equivalent
  • 8 GB RAM
  • 30 GB free HDD space
  • NVIDIA GTX 550 Ti 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or equivalent
Recommended:

• Intel Core i7 4790 3.6 GHz/AMD FX-9590 4.7 GHz or equivalent
  • 8 GB RAM
  • 30 GB free HDD space
  • NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB/AMD Radeon R9 290X 4GB or equivalent

CPU requirement seems beefy, but I'm happy with it being 30GB. I thought It might be more than that.

Minimum:

• 8 GB RAM
  • 30 GB free HDD space
Recommended:

• 8 GB RAM
  • 30 GB free HDD space

CPU requirement seems beefy, but I'm happy with it being 30GB. I thought It might be more than that.

So... a new video card is a must have for me

Minimum:

• 8 GB RAM
  • 30 GB free HDD space
Recommended:

• 8 GB RAM
  • 30 GB free HDD space

In a canter for my beast.

images.png

The only games I'm interested in are Fallout 4 and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.
Everything else is bah!*

*Except NHL 16 I picked up for a decent price the other day for the PS4, I'm loving that.

Fallout, mass effect andromeda, deus ex, cyberpunk, ff7 remake.

Fallout, mass effect andromeda, deus ex, cyberpunk, ff7 remake.
Oh, I forgot all about Cyberpunk, add that to the list.
I'm not all that excited for a new ME, tbh. That'll probably change once they start releasing a bunch of info on it.

I'll just buy the game first...and then buy a new video card later. Yeah...that'll work

You mean buy a new PC because the video card will be bottlenecked by your slow CPU, and dated controllers on your mobo? :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mean buy a new PC because the video card will be bottlenecked by your slow CPU, and dated controllers on your mobo? :p

Nah...I reckon the old FX 6300 should hold together for a few months. I'm not due to update 'till next year, according to my schedule. And 16 gig of 1833 ram should keep the scripting intact. At least until the first mods come out about next March

Six hours into battlefront I am now cancelling my pre-order. The gameplay is so much clunkier than I expected. Hitting a kill streak is easy and unsatisfying. Its boring and repetitive. Graphics first class and I also enjoy the jet packing if these are a few of your favourite things then maybe this game is for you.

Magpie down the street. Swoop me again. I dare you. I double-dare you, mother f@%ker!

4213606-l.gif

Serious one on Toumpas. Did he pick the Jimmy nickname or everything 'had to be' Anglolised? Anyone have a clue?
He was Jimmy when he was playing U8s, would have been foresighted. His brother's first name didn't require being Anglicised but was Australianised i.e. if it was Robert he'd have become Bob.

He was Jimmy when he was playing U8s, would have been foresighted. His brother's first name didn't require being Anglicised but was Australianised i.e. if it was Robert he'd have become Bob.
Chances are that he took his name from one of his grandfathers.
Although christened "Dimitri", if his granddad had gone by the name of Jim or Jimmy after coming to Australia, then Toumpas would have taken this on to. Also makes it easier to fit in at school.

Chances are that he took his name from one of his grandfathers.
Although christened "Dimitri", if his granddad had gone by the name of Jim or Jimmy after coming to Australia, then Toumpas would have taken this on to. Also makes it easier to fit in at school.
I've got an even more likely forensic analysis. Our oldest is called Alexander. When his younger sister began to talk she could only manage Zander, and to this day that's his name in our family. A fair chance a combination of a younger brother and Australian born parents did the same job there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back