Traded Jed Anderson [traded w/ picks 38 and 40 to NM for picks 15 and 54]

Remove this Banner Ad

I've never seen him play but from how the Hawks fans are describing him do you think if we packaged up murphy, Gibbs, Cripps and pick 1 we could get the trade over the line? Even if we had to pay Murphy and Gibbs' contract for 2 years.

or he could be just another junk VFL player they are trying to sell off for overs

Anderson is completing with the likes of Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis and Shiels in the midfield. Those players are still in excellent form. Mitchell and Hodge are in career best form, but obviously close to the end.

In the forward line he is competing with Bruest and Rioli.
Your underselling Anderson a bit here, Give him a preseaon with the forwards and he is in the best 6, likewise defence. we will most likely see sheils spend next to no time on the wing in 2016.
He's just about the only one out of Langford, Hartung, Howe and O'Rourke that can play as a small forward.

He would get a minimum of 15+ games next year, and I'd back him in to displace Puopolo by round 10.
He's a fantastic tackler, great mark, kicks flukey goals out of his arse, can get 30+ disposals and is 6 years Puopolos junior.

I'd be gutted if he left, without a doubt our best young talent.
With the sub rule gone and cap reduction we will need to have more forwards who can go mid. Puopolo can play fwd/mid but that role is much more suited to Anderson i think your on to something.
also Hodge will spend alot more time out of the guts being replaced by Shiles spending less time off the wing.

Puopolo is not suited to a wing/hff role but Anderson is. If we also lose suckling another perfect Wing/Hff then we might become quite light in that area.

I've never seen him play but from how the Hawks fans are describing him do you think if we packaged up murphy, Gibbs, Cripps and pick 1 we could get the trade over the line? Even if we had to pay Murphy and Gibbs' contract for 2 years.

or he could be just another junk VFL player they are trying to sell off for overs
Remove Murphy and Gibbs from the package and I'd say deal.

You do understand the only people laughing with you with a post like this are the people who haven't seen him play also meanwhile, everyone who has is laughing at you right?

Nice player with strong potential but there is a bit of over rating going here. The way he is being spoken about you would swear that he should have been destroying it at VFL level this year. 2 x BoG from 15 games, averaging 19.2 disposals, 1.67 goals, 3.1 marks and 4.8 tackles and across his AFL career he has the same output as 19 year old Kayne Turner.

Best 22 in every team bar Hawks? No. In the mix for sure.

Late first round pick? No.

Value would be anywhere from mid to late second round.

You do understand the only people laughing with you with a post like this are the people who haven't seen him play also meanwhile, everyone who has is laughing at you right?

10 Games, 22 before next season. If he was a player at any other club in the league everyone would say he is junk. But oohhhh the Hawks culture, ooohhh Clarkson, blah blah blah and he's a top 10 pick.

He's just about the only one out of Langford, Hartung, Howe and O'Rourke that can play as a small forward.

He would get a minimum of 15+ games next year, and I'd back him in to displace Puopolo by round 10.
He's a fantastic tackler, great mark, kicks flukey goals out of his arse, can get 30+ disposals and is 6 years Puopolos junior.

I'd be gutted if he left, without a doubt our best young talent.
He's done that once in his professional career, this year against Werribee. At this stage he is potentially an very good player at AFL level, but thats it. He got talent, but so do a s**t load of other young blokes. They don't all come on.

Hawks will want to keep him for another year. Mitchell and Hodge to hang up the boots after they claim 'the impossible' 4 peat and 5 flags.

Thats when he will get his chance. Will be an easier sell at the end of next year to keep him.

It seems like you're suggesting he will get his chance in 2017 after Mitchell and Hodge retire. If he's unhappy about the lack of senior opportunities in the last few seasons, I can't see how another year at Box Hill next season is going to appease him even with guaranteed games in 2017. He's been talented enough to play for a few seasons but has struggled to get continuity into his game due to illness and injury. If he has a strong pre-season he'll be a regular in 2016.

Just to reiterate Hawthorn know that they rate him higher then the open market will suggest, so i doubt a deal will get done unless someone rates him as highly as we do. he will play for the hawks next year and if no improvement is shown/Stays injury free he will get traded while out of contract just like Aish, O'Rourke, ect. for that 2nd late 2nd round pick.

10 Games, 22 before next season. If he was a player at any other club in the league everyone would say he is junk. But oohhhh the Hawks culture, ooohhh Clarkson, blah blah blah and he's a top 10 pick.
LOL u fool.

Value would be anywhere from mid to late second round.
Thats the kinda offers i can see Hawthorn getting for him. But i think he is worth more than that to Hawthorn.
I think he will be at Hawthorn next year and we will go from there.

No-one knows the current situation right now. We'll see what eventuates over the next 3 weeks.

Thats the kinda offers i can see Hawthorn getting for him. But he is worth more than that to Hawthorn.
I think he will be at Hawthorn next year and we can go from there.

No-one knows the current situation right now. We'll see what eventuates over the next 3 weeks.
And I can understand that is a factor too.

So a forward/mid averaging what 20 disposals a game and 1 and half goals in the VFL is all of a sudden worth more than players like jetta and redden purely because he was somewhere between 20-30 on their list this year in his third year in the system.

Some people even seem to believe he's worth a late first rounder. People have lost their minds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think we will trade him unless we get something decent. Second round pick wont cut it IMO. Worth more to us keeping him for a year and hoping he has a change of heart than taking a late pick in a weak draft.

Will most likely be used as a package for an existing deal. Maybe for Aish?

Don't think we will trade him unless we get something decent. Second round pick wont cut it IMO. Worth more to us keeping him for a year and hoping he has a change of heart than taking a late pick in a weak draft.

Will most likely be used as a package for an existing deal. Maybe for Aish?
Doesn't have to be this draft though.

Anderson is what we need.
What would Hawks want in a trade from North.
Remember we gave you a good deal on Hale + Gibson.

Doesn't have to be this draft though.

That is true. I still feel uneasy with the trading of future picks. Could be a stroke of genius or an absolute shafting depending on where a certain club ends up.

Anderson is what we need.
What would Hawks want in a trade from North.
Remember we gave you a good deal on Hale + Gibson.
Haha cashing in those brownie points that's low :p

So a forward/mid averaging what 20 disposals a game and 1 and half goals in the VFL is all of a sudden worth more than players like jetta and redden purely because he was somewhere between 20-30 on their list this year in his third year in the system.

Some people even seem to believe he's worth a late first rounder. People have lost their minds.
He looks good, but being massively overrated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back