Traded Harley Bennell [traded with #22 to Fremantle for #16 and #35]

Remove this Banner Ad

You don't cover yourself in glory with a comment like that.

Apart from being indigenous and that Ross Lyon is the coach what else is the same?
Serious off-field troubles? Both kicked out of their club? You seriously don't see the similarities?

Serious off-field troubles? Both kicked out of their club? You seriously don't see the similarities?
It's Defacto serial offender in starting threads to say how mind numbingly terrible Freo are, so I'll excuse myself when I assume everything he does is laced with an agenda against Freo.

But you're right there is similarities, yet hopefully there isn't rape charges for the guy right around the corner. It's not a given but at least Freo don't have the claptrap that the Saints had to deal with back then, hopefully it can keep him on the straight and narrow.

It's Defacto serial offender in starting threads to say how mind numbingly terrible Freo are, so I'll excuse myself when I assume everything he does is laced with an agenda against Freo.

But you're right there is similarities, yet hopefully there isn't rape charges for the guy right around the corner. It's not a given but at least Freo don't have the claptrap that the Saints had to deal with back then, hopefully it can keep him on the straight and narrow.
I completely understand the first part (Defacto's been trolling the Carlisle thread) but he has a point.

what a disgusting comment.
Why?
Why does it?

What exactly are the similarities other then their skin colour and their coach of choice?

You don't cover yourself in glory with a comment like that.

Apart from being indigenous and that Ross Lyon is the coach what else is the same?

Wtf I have no words. How in the hell can you possibly get colour being the issue from my post. It's a bloody sad day where your softness and insecurity to everything I post on freo leads to posters throwing around taunts of racism. I get your a sensitive bunch but seriously wtf!!!!! I would question your own thoughts on race given it was the first thing you brought up.

Pathetic.

To clarify the reason why i think it reminds me of lovett is that after the 2009 grand final ross lyon got desperate and went after lovett. A player with a history of attitude and off field issues. A outside type with x factor in front of goals. Against all the warnings, they still went ahead and traded a late first rounder for him. Believing instead in his past club that he had turned everything around. Also ross has had his chat with him and reckons he was all above board and committed.

When lovett got to st kilda he was already in retirement. Basking in his new contract. Came 2nd last in the time trial to an unfit ruckman.

Wasnt long before the off field issues started again. Drinking etc.

I can just see bennell off field issues sparking back up, on field dipping and an eventual come to jesus meeting occurring where he's dealt the sylvia hand.

I completely understand the first part (Defacto's been trolling the Carlisle thread) but he has a point.
He does and for that I went a bit overboard, not apologising to the fruitcake though.

But the Saints were in the media for all the wrong reasons back then, and that stupid campaigner Ricky Nixon comes to mind. This is something that Freo thankfully don't have to deal with. But of course there's risk involved hence why I strongly believe Bennell should be traded for just a 3rd round.

He does and for that I went a bit overboard, not apologising to the fruitcake though.

But the Saints were in the media for all the wrong reasons back then, and that stupid campaigner Ricky Nixon comes to mind. This is something that Freo thankfully don't have to deal with. But of course there's risk involved hence why I strongly believe Bennell should be traded for just a 3rd round.
The saints media issues were after lovett left the club.. it was the first controversy we had since the milne fiasco in 2004

Well at least lyon speaking to Bennell puts to bed the fantasy that Bennell was already locked and loaded with an offer before he met the tigers. After the weekend when we walked, those at freo went from, lets get him to being very wary till ross spoke to him again this week.

Anyway, hope he does get signed up as he is a jet.

I can just see bennell off field issues sparking back up, on field dipping and an eventual come to jesus meeting occurring where he's dealt the sylvia hand.

You mean hope, don't you?

No one is warning Freo not to take Bennell, they accept the risk and if he ends up in the Sylvia basket, so be it. It's the reason he isn't worth a first rounder.

You mean hope, don't you?

No one is warning Freo not to take Bennell, they accept the risk and if he ends up in the Sylvia basket, so be it. It's the reason he isn't worth a first rounder.
I hope bennell gets his life together and if that makes freo a better side then so be it

GC will want your first rounder

I hope bennell gets his life together and if that makes freo a better side then so be it

GC will want your first rounder

Stop the bullshit, yesterday you compared him to a rapist and said you can SEE him making the same mistakes at Freo and ending up like Sylvia.

Mr flip flop again once you get called out.

Stop the bullshit, yesterday you compared him to a rapist and said you can SEE him making the same mistakes at Freo and ending up like Sylvia.

Mr flip flop again once you get called out.
You're a sensitive bunch...

You do get the difference between what you think will happen and what you hope will happen

For instance earlier this year, you had hoped freo would win the flag but deep down you probably knew it wouldnt happen

As for the emotive terms used. Not even going to justify it with a response given its slander towards lovett

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not even going to justify it with a response given its slander towards lovett

Its clear what opinion you hold of Lovett. And its also clear that you think Bennell will end up similarly irrelevant from an AFL perspective - you later clarified that you hope that's not the case. In my mind these positions place you at risk of being viewed a duplicitous hypocrite.

Deal Done, Bennell's a Docker !!!Harley and pick 22 for picks 16 and 35.

A high risk, high reward deal for Freo, which probably shuts the door on Sunshine to the Dockers in this draft period.

Reasonably happy with that to be honest

Laughing that GC gave back 22. A six pick downgrade for Bennell.

Didn't even need to apply lube.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back