Training 2015/16 preseason training (discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Regrettably I won't be able to attend training this coming season. Moving down south to Australind in a few weeks. So no reports from me.

I heard Michael Thompson on 882 this morning and he said that Mora was in full training, as was Lachie Neale and Hayden Crozier who came back early voluntarily. He said that Harley Bennell looked great, but didn't take part in all of the drills.

Last edited:
The moment we've been waiting for.

CUddwSiUEAAxjyd.jpg
He looks awesome :)

I think Ragtooth was having a bit of fun, people!!

Anyway, here is the Soviet Union version of today's training (propaganda report), while we wait for the real reports to come through.

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2015-11-23/preseason-report-campaign-2016-begins

The first to four-year players hit the track on the first official day of Fremantle’s pre-season on Monday.

Players appeared fresh despite the hot conditions, completing plenty of running sets and some short skills drills.

New recruit Harley Bennell was among the first on the track and was warmly welcomed by his new team mates.

The rest of the playing group return on Tuesday 1 December.

New members of Fremantle’s coaching team, David Hale and Anthony Rock, took part in their first training session at the club.

All the boys looked in great shape. Harley looked great and in good nick. They didn't do a helluva lot of running being the 1st session back but he didn't look out of place. The fittest on the track looked like Lachie and Croz who ended up running together instead of the groups that the others were in. It was commented that Lachie seemed to be growing into a real leader being very vocal encouraging the rest of the boys. Mora trained fully with no bandaging at all. They put him through his paces with some agility stuff and he got through it fine. Blakely has slimmed down and when asked if he has lost weight by one of the watchers he said "yeah a little bit". Weller looked to me like he had bulked up a little bit. Out of all the 2nd year players, Hughes looks the best body wise as salim will probably agree with. Clancee was there doing some running even though he didn't have to be.

I leave anything else for Salim since he was there longer than me.

All the boys looked in great shape. Harley looked great and in good nick. They didn't do a helluva lot of running being the 1st session back but he didn't look out of place. The fittest on the track looked like Lachie and Croz who ended up running together instead of the groups that the others were in. It was commented that Lachie seemed to be growing into a real leader being very vocal encouraging the rest of the boys. Mora trained fully with no bandaging at all. They put him through his paces with some agility stuff and he got through it fine. Blakely has slimmed down and when asked if he has lost weight by one of the watchers he said "yeah a little bit". Weller looked to me like he had bulked up a little bit. Out of all the 2nd year players, Hughes looks the best body wise as salim will probably agree with. Clancee was there doing some running even though he didn't have to be.

I leave anything else for Salim since he was there longer than me.
First training report of the new season. I'd like it 100 times if I could.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great first training summary.

Blakely slimming down is an odd one. Thought they'd want him to do the opposite?

Maybe Blakely trimming will allow him to get around the ground a bit more to get to more contests. Great extractor, could allow Mundy to rotate of the HB more and possibly move out Barlow

More lookers than players this morning.Nice to see Gaskin and Fred and great to meet Dannythedoorman.
Not much to add from Gaskins report but the positive was that there where no stragglers on the runs. Hannath surprised by keeping up with Taberner.
Footballs came out very early in the session and skills were OK considering the lay of. Mora looked great and completed a full session without any strapping on his knees.We were told that he is pain free for the first time in a long time but were also reminded its only the first day. Hughes has bulked up and looks great,the Irishman also trained well. Clancee,DeLuca and Sutcliffe ran laps with Clancee looking trim and with a new hair cut. Neale and Crozier led the runs by a good margin. Bennell looked fit and finished a full session.. The training the house down award must go to Mora just because we love him.:):rainbow::rainbow:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back