Training 2015/16 preseason training (discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just relaxing with my little girl on the outer wing by ourselves watching the squad train.

Morra without strapping and looks a bit leaner and in great condition. Running well.

Grey is doing laps and looking a little trimmed down. Clancee is striding them out and looks very fit.

I'll try write up a report later on today.

You studying again?

Training report

Both Walters and Bennell look in ripping condition. Both looked determined and super motivated but I wouldn't expect anything less from two guys who I love watching play and train. Although this is the first time I've seen Bennell train.

I have already mentioned Morra but at the very end of training he was doing a specific running routine that required very quick movement of side stepping in both directions and looked totally unimpeded. He has no strapping and is very fleet footed. Dare I say it but if he continues this form with match sims under his belt then he would be every chance of game time this season if not round 1. Rookie upgrade is not out if the question.

Both Tabs and Hannath look fit and ready for preseason. I've been a bit of a critic of Hannath regarding his pace or lack of.

Neale and Crozier look fit and also in great condition. This time last season Neale was impeded as he was recovering from an injury. He may be the fittest guy on the track with only light scraping to his left knee.

I bumped into to old blokes Salim and Danny The Doorman. We had a bit of a chat and I'm sure they will add a bit.

I have probably missed a few things while my girl was hitting me with sticks or I had to go change her nappy. I have to say the club was very nice and accommodating when I asked for change rooms. I wouldn't expect anything less from Freo FC they have always been very approachable and friendly to me.

Last edited:
As much as I love reading about these good news stories, is anybody looking out of shape or low on fitness?

Mate no body is out of shape but it's really only the young guys out there so limited squad numbers at the moment.

The training was basic with light ball work and moderate running. All players kept up.

I can easily give you a more holistic view in a few more weeks time as I know people don't just like the good news as that's not the full story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Training report

Both Walters and Bennell look in ripping condition. Both looked determined and super motivated but I wouldn't expect anything less from two guys who I love watching play and train. Although this is the first time I've seen Bennell train.

I have already mentioned Morra but at the very end of training he was doing a specific running routine that required very quick movement of side stepping in both directions and looked totally unimpeded. He has no strapping and is very fleet footed. Dare I say it but if he continues this form with match sims under his belt then he would be every chance of game time this season if not round 1. Rookie upgrade is not out if the question.

Both Tabs and Hannath look fit and ready for preseason. I've been a bit of a critic of Hannath regarding his pace or lack of.

Neale and Crozier look fit and also in great condition. This time last season Neale was impeded as he was recovering from an injury. He may be the fittest guy on the track with only light scraping to his left knee.

I bumped into to old blokes Salim and Danny The Doorman. We had a bit of a chat and I'm sure they will add a bit.

I have probably missed a few things while my girl was hitting me with sticks or I had to go change her nappy. I have to say the club was very nice and accommodating when I asked for change rooms. I wouldn't expect anything less from Freo FC they have always been very approachable and friendly to me.

Nice to see you seem in reasonably good spirits jmt , hope it's all good for you, thanks for the report.

No Yarran?

Seriously, going to be interesting seeing him alongside our other blisteringly talented boys.

Could one of you training watchers put in a request for a sprinting contest please.

Yarran will have to build his tank to make the team, hopefully can do it in a preseason.
Yarran no need to build tank , building tank is for player like suban , GU and deboer who are less skillful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back