Training 2015/16 preseason training (discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

I've just watched the Ballantyne interview. It has a nice little reference to preseason training that I haven't seen reported at all.
"We did 40% more running last year, so I'm not sure how much more we could actually do than that, 'cos it was a fair workload. So it's more about the quality of run rather than the quantity of run. So if we keep our quality of running going and get that higher speed stuff, keep that, we'll be looking good for round 1."

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2015-12-01/more-games-more-goals at 2mins50 seconds.

So: more sprints and fewer laps of the oval? Sure sounds like confirmation of Fred and Salim's observations so far, though it's only been the 1st to 4th years until yesterday. Interesting that Ballas is able to talk about the changes to the preseason training on his first day back.

The 40% more running in last year's pre-season was attributed to the Saturday morning strength and conditioning sessions; Ross Lyon himself said that.
They traded off the usual Monday training day and dedicated Sat morn to strength and conditioning only.
They have already trained last Saturday so it looks like they will maintain that.
I must say their skills are impressive and I believe much of that is the Harley Bennell influence on the group.
He is literally flying.

Holy s**t the physique Hughes has worked into.

810d880e14583f21bdaa533cc148b400.png

If that was the case, he won't be doing a 3km time trial. When I got it, I can barely walk 5m let alone run 3km.
Very true - I was only kidding. Well whatever it was that he did over the off-season it worked. If he is 100% and can get played through the middle again we are looking ultra good for 2016. Barlow seems to rise under adversity. Fyfe shifting forward for stretches doesn't seem as daunting now.

Very true - I was only kidding. Well whatever it was that he did over the off-season it worked. If he is 100% and can get played through the middle again we are looking ultra good for 2016. Barlow seems to rise under adversity. Fyfe shifting forward for stretches doesn't seem as daunting now.

Fyfe moving forward would indicate Barlow coming in for a big year. Hope it happens.

The 40% more running in last year's pre-season was attributed to the Saturday morning strength and conditioning sessions; Ross Lyon himself said that.
They traded off the usual Monday training day and dedicated Sat morn to strength and conditioning only.
They have already trained last Saturday so it looks like they will maintain that.
I must say their skills are impressive and I believe much of that is the Harley Bennell influence on the group.
He is literally flying.
Literally, Fred? What altitude did he achieve?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just me, or does Sheridan seem to really struggle putting on size?

It appears that the game is catching up to him.

I expect all the best 22 senior players across the AFL have dropped some weight to be able to stay out on the ground longer, now their interchanges are reduced.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back