Training 2015/16 preseason training (discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

I just had a look at some video and counted about 28 runners ,so quite a few not there, could not see Fyfe ,Pav ,Pearce C etc.

I wonder if Fyfe ran the time trial and how he fared ?

he has never done that well in the time trials. if you watch him on the field he tends to run in bursts since he can read the play better than most. He also gets to alot of contests, but typically you have a couple of seconds to get there, wait for the bounce, jostle with the tagger then try to smash through and dish off. You don't see him burning a guy off on the lead over 50m like you might see from Neale or Hill.

Ironically the guys who finish at the front of the 3km seem to be on the outer, seems like the killer 3km doesn't mean that much any more.

he has never done that well in the time trials. if you watch him on the field he tends to run in bursts since he can read the play better than most. He also gets to alot of contests, but typically you have a couple of seconds to get there, wait for the bounce, jostle with the tagger then try to smash through and dish off. You don't see him burning a guy off on the lead over 50m like you might see from Neale or Hill.

Ironically the guys who finish at the front of the 3km seem to be on the outer, seems like the killer 3km doesn't mean that much any more.

Apparently the GPS data collected from AFL players during games shows their average burst running lasts for about 3 seconds, and never longer than 6 seconds.

I get the feeling the traditional 3km trial is used more to scare players into staying fit over their break than anything else.

The 28 runners that participated were:

Ballantyne
Bennell
Walters
Mzungu
De Boer
Barlow
D Pearce
Griffin
Sheridan
Crozier
Mayne
Weller
Langdon
Blakely
A Pearce
Hannath
Johnson
Morabito
Hughes
Taberner
Ibbotson
Tucker
Hurley
Smith
Uebergang
Collins
Hill
Nyhuis (I think??)

Means missing were:

Fyfe
Pavlich
Dawson
Sutcliffe
Grey
Apeness
Yarran
Balic
C Pearce
Sandilands
Mundy
DeLuca
Suban
Neale
Clarke
Silvagni

Holy s**t the physique Hughes has worked into.

810d880e14583f21bdaa533cc148b400.png
Jesus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats Tendai. Would be good to know the times, as I wonder who ran faster out of Gu and Masten.
Ok I'll bite.

It would depend how many trees Masten had to run up to to mark his territory.

Also you would have to equate in how many other dogs he had to go and greet, by sniffing their rectums.

To be fair to Mastif , you could not get a fair comparison.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back