Training 2015/16 preseason training (discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

There was a question to Crozier that Hayden batted away nicely, but I hope the training watchers can comment on.
One of the journos mentioned that Harley Bennell hadn't been sighted for a couple of weeks.
Is that true? Or are they talking about being on the track running compared to inside on weights? Or was it just a Hagdorn sort of question?

What the journo doesn't realise is you need to go to Freo training sessions to " sight " Harley.
You won't see Harley at a wc training session.
Harley spent a good deal of Friday and Saturday in the gym before stepping out onto the field.
Pre-season is two weeks in and Harley along with Morabito has been one of the better performers; hell, he was in the 3 km run last week.

There was a question to Crozier that Hayden batted away nicely, but I hope the training watchers can comment on.
One of the journos mentioned that Harley Bennell hadn't been sighted for a couple of weeks.
Is that true? Or are they talking about being on the track running compared to inside on weights? Or was it just a Hagdorn sort of question?

He wasn't on the track today. Prior to that he hasn't missed track work. I guess that gives these journalists an opening to imply he is already off the rails. What an uninformed question by him.

I attended on Monday Tuesday and Friday of last week at Freo Oval and he was there and he ran in the time trial on Wednesday at McGillvray and that's on video on the Dockers website. He didn't appear on the track from what I saw today and he has had tape on his calves so he may have been with the Rehab group who spent most of the session in the Gym. One of the regular watchers (Phil) has spoken to him about the calves and Harley said he'll get over it quickly. I think at this stage people commenting about Bennell and his training performance or non attendance are being mischevious and looking to stir things up that are not an issue.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies Fred, Jedi and Danny.
I have another question. Did anyone sight the academy players at trading today? Particularly Sam Petreski-Seton.

Langdon looks to have a nasty groin injury ,he was limping very badly.

Damnation. Sounds like osteitis pubis. I was so looking forward to Langdon having a big pre-season. Sounds like we'll have to wrap him in cotton wool now. Hope I'm jumping the gun.

I just love this guy. The little I've seen I've been very impressed with.

Thanks for the replies Fred, Jedi and Danny.
I have another question. Did anyone sight the academy players at trading today? Particularly Sam Petreski-Seton.
I saw him as we couldn't initially work out who he was and salim malik indicated that in previous years AIS Academy players attended and joined in the sessions.This year on the Dockers website they have said that the 3 players will be with us for 3 weeks and will join in all sessions. Sam is quite short and from side on and the way he moves in my humble opinion he looks like a shorter version of past Dockers champion Dale Kickett. Saw him shooting for Goals but there were players everywhere when they were doing ball movement drills so cant comment any further as I didn't spot what group he was with. I didn't spot the other 2 and I don't think anyone else did.The announcement about the Academy players only went on the site today probably after training started.

Last edited:
Damnation. Sounds like osteitis pubis. I was so looking forward to Langdon having a big pre-season. Sounds like we'll have to wrap him in cotton wool now. Hope I'm jumping the gun.

I just love this guy. The little I've seen I've been very impressed with.

That is a massive call based on a sentence saying, 'it looks like Langdon has hurt his groin'.

That is a massive call based on a sentence saying, 'it looks like Langdon has hurt his groin'.

Yeh ,that was my comment and Langdon was walking the boundary with a limp . The groin comment was a wild guess, it could have been anything , ankle, calf.
Jumping to conclusions was not the brightest thing to do. I should have mentioned he had a limp ,un known cause .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw him as we couldn't initially work out who he was and salim malik indicated that in previous years AIS Academy players attended and joined in the sessions.This year on the Dockers website they have said that the 3 players will be with us for 3 weeks and will join in all sessions. Sam is quite short and from side on and the way he moves in my humble opinion he looks like a shorter version of past Dockers champion Dale Kickett. Saw him shooting for Goals but there were players everywhere when they were doing ball movement drills so cant comment any further as I didn't spot what group he was with. I didn't spot the other 2 and I don't think anyone else did.The announcement about the Academy players only went on the site today probably after training started.

Are you sure of this? I've heard he is mid height and still growing.

Are you sure of this? I've heard he is mid height and still growing.[/Q

I saw him today and I commented from my judgement of what I saw I suggest you go and talk to those that you have heard from that he is mid height and growing and check those statements. I dont know what your interest in him is are you related?
Better still come down to training on Wednesday morning about 8.30am or 8.45 am and see for yourself as I am obviously a poor judge.

Last edited:
I dont give a s**t what you have heard I have posted in my judgement what I saw and you obviously know better. Come and have a look for yourself if you are that interested in him he isn't that big. See you at training on Wednesday at Freo Oval and make your own judgement.
Can you whisper the Balic tale to me sometime? Please :)

I dont give a s**t what you have heard I have posted in my judgement what I saw and you obviously know better. Come and have a look for yourself if you are that interested in him he isn't that big. See you at training on Wednesday at Freo Oval and make your own judgement.

You've got a problem with anger management Danny. Probably should look for a different career. Doormen have a bad enough reputation in Perth as it is.
I will gladly come to training as soon as I finish work. I've met up with Jedi, sheriff, Salim, coulda and others when I can. But not this Wednesday. Still working.

And yes I am interested in him. But hopefully we won't get a good enough draft pick to get him. I questioned (someone who should know) his height and was told he had grown since the numbers in this article were taken:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-11-26/the-next-batch-whos-the-pick-of-the-2016-draft-crop

This photo shows him as being tiny compared to David Mundy
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=UlVUWVI2LW0zMnFMY29CaTc3Qm1JaGdmUU9Wa2tB
But maybe it's just a matter of perspective.

In this photo, he doesn't seem much shorter than Barlow and de Boer:
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=UlVUWVI2LW0zMnFMY29CaTc3Qm1JaGdmUU9Wa2tB

I'm not sure if the links work. But if you copy and paste into your browser, that worked for me. Edit: works.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back