Training 2015/16 preseason training (discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Could always use a gif version

nghKRE5AQU1nG.gif

Tommy would have sent Darling a massive thank you card and a dozen roses for that.

It completely took the focus off him didn't it. Best thing that could ever happen.

If he hasn't sent him flowers - he probably should, as much to chink away at Darling's mental state

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only got there for the second half of the session so can't shed a lot of light but will provide what i can.

There was a lot of goal kicking and as usual a lot of short sided games where the focus is on quick hands in tight and short sharp kicking.
There was also a focus on moving the ball from defense. In this drill the main defenders (split into two teams) were Spurr who excelled, Johnson, Collins (who looked good), Morabito, Hughes, Tanner among others who I can't remember.

Griffin was punished at one stage for a dropped mark and a miss-kick and his group was made to run a lap. Outside of that the skills in the drills were pretty good with the usual suspects in Sonny, Hill, Weller, Sam P-S the pick of the group.

The goal kicking was hit and miss with a lot of the boys and kicking under fatigue is clearly a point of emphasis. Mayne was kicking the ball well though and hardly missed from what I saw and Shane Yarran was also accurate (not sure if he participated in all of the session though?)

There seemed to be a small rehab group today including Fyfe, Grey, Bennell, Suban? and a couple of others.

Of the young guys, Ueber did a bit but was also working off to the side away from the main group for parts of the session and is quite slight, as has been posted previously. Watching him though, his hands were pretty good and although he is very raw at this stage the potential is there.
Didn't see much of the others although Collins was good (kicking was a bit shaky though) and Darcy Tucker was competing well in the short sided games and used the ball well.

Others of note who trained well IMO were Ballantyne, Neale, Tendai, Hurley (very fit and growing with confidence) and Blakely.

Top 5 for the TTHD award today were: Ballas, Neale, Weller, Mayne and Gu (others mentioned above were unlucky).

Not me. I've decided I'm not really going to bother with reports anymore.
I'll put something up later this evening to fill in any gaps from the report of @cp3_jr as I was there from the start. Have a look at Ch 7,9 & 10 News tonite as the media were there and David Hale was interviewed as the revised coaching roles have now been approved by the Board and there is an article on that on the Dockers website. Cameramen were there for a while and got some good footage.I will put my report under the pre-season (discussion) thread and @Taylor can shift the above report to the training reports thread wich is under construction.

Last edited:
Why is that?

I find I enjoy it more when I'm watching without worrying too much about what is going on or what I am going to write about. If I don't see anyone else there then I'll do one or I might put one up every now and again.

I find I enjoy it more when I'm watching without worrying too much about what is going on or what I am going to write about. If I don't see anyone else there then I'll do one or I might put one up every now and again.
fair enough. I kind of get around that by not even thinking of it in terms of a report. Just let it wash over me and enjoy the experience. Then later I'll just start writing and see what I remember.
Its probably not the way real reporters do it but it works for me :) Thanks for all the reports you have done.

Waiting for training reports like;

View attachment 201367
@FUS_RO_DAHThere is a different thread for the reports as recently set up by Tayl0r and all the reports are in the one area but that work is currently being undertaken but for today see the Pre-season (discussion thread) wich we are on but go to Page 45 for my report on today's training and that of cp3_jr

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back