List Mgmt. 2016 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The number 1 pick isn't a player, the number 1 pick is a choice - or the choice rather of taking whichever player you want from the draft pool. It's not about Essendon getting the best player, it's about them getting to take the player who ever finishes last (Carlton) wanted just because they're in a situation where they'll finish 18th instead this year because they've been punished and next year will be a totally different side.

If even 1 good essendon player leaves though the AFL will make sure they get the top pick if they finish last
If the number 1 ends up being a key forward Id be filthy if I waa Carlton

You wouldn't play him as a full time forward, it's just a role he can play in the event we need to change things up/create a mismatch etc.
I guess in an emergency thing. Would love him in Dunn's role. Speaking of which, I've been hoping for some more Dunn forward action.

Met someone who is bloody close to the essendon players over the aus day weekend, no essendon players are gonna leave the club
That's what is being said now. Give it 9 months and watch the dollars fly. No Dons players are leaving but none have been contacted officially yet - everyone is waiting for the dust to settle.

That's what is being said now. Give it 9 months and watch the dollars fly. No Dons players are leaving but none have been contacted officially yet - everyone is waiting for the dust to settle.

Its got nothing to do with money, I dont think ive ever posted a rumour or anything on here before but what I heard was pretty solid, they will all be at Essendon next year

Its got nothing to do with money, I dont think ive ever posted a rumour or anything on here before but what I heard was pretty solid, they will all be at Essendon next year
It doesn't right now.

Nine months is a long time in footy. A guy like Hooker, who was RFA anyway, is going to stay regardless of the cash? A Pears who was on the outer before the bans is guaranteed a new contract as of right now?

I don't think that all 12 stay. That is a quarter of their list. 19 Dons are OOC this year, seven of whom are part of the 12. Unlikely. I'm not saying that I doubt your source, but list management realities, coupled with the new found DFA status, means that you are looking at the Dons trying to re-sign 24 players, 12 of whom are free to field offers elsewhere.

They might not want to leave but the club could well be tempted either way anyway
'
I never said they didnt want to leave, thats not at all what I was insinuating
Just what I heard is that its far more complicated

'
I never said they didnt want to leave, thats not at all what I was insinuating
Just what I heard is that its far more complicated
Gotcha. sorry, the way it sounded, it sounded that way. However you have peaked my interest into this now

Dunno if I feel comfortable posting it on the site but if anyone cares enough to PM I can pass it on
No worries mate. Can PM me if you like but i'll leave it up to you and wether you're comfortable or not

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you still in Canada? Do they have a long weekend over there for Aust Day too?

Nah they dont but I made sure I took one, I live next to Banff so there was probably 10k aussies there alone
There was like 5 bars doing the 100 countdown and blokes walking round in VB shirts

Great fun over here

Nah they dont but I made sure I took one, I live next to Banff so there was probably 10k aussies there alone
There was like 5 bars doing the 100 countdown and blokes walking round in VB shirts

Great fun over here
And the Hotest 100 was in the evening or bar time - not that daytime has ever stopped me from drinking.

And finished about 2am?

Id imagine so , cant say my memories were crystal clear of the night but sounds about right
I remember everyone in the club going mental to the Kendrick lamar song being chosen number 2 so we all had a sit down protest

Id highly recommend an aus day in canada for anyone before they die

They're all pretty loyal to each other and Essendon despite what's gone on. Would be surprised if more than one left, and that'd be a weaker member of the squad anyway.

Herald Sun reporting that Jaeger O'Meara seriously considering a move to a Melbourne club.

Is he to much of a risk with his knees?

Herald Sun reporting that Jaeger O'Meara seriously considering a move to a Melbourne club.

Is he to much of a risk with his knees?

Medicals will be done to ensure he's good to go, plus he's got this season to prove he's over it. So if a deal is done, you've gotta trust that he's 100%.

Interesting to see, should it get there, where he decides. Playing the eternal optimist, come seasons end we've gotta be a chance. Really strong, young list just about to enter the finals window able to offer a sizeable contract. A lot to play out between now and then, but it's the offseason, so what else have we to do other than prophesise dream trade scenarios that are 9 months away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back