List Mgmt. 2016 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crystal ball - we dont like picks in the 20s - high enough to have currency but not high enough to be a guarenteed player in the draft. So i think we'll trade this years second, and next years first, for one of GWS's 3 first rounders.

They'll make sure they have enough points for their academy kids, then off-load leftovers for a bank next year.

If they change the rules about pure pick swaps, watch gws throw in a fringe player to get around that rule.

I would love to see the melts if our relationship with GWS ment we could swap some later picks for another first rounder which is entirely possible
They don't need another 3 top 10 picks they need more local players who will stick around if it gets tough

I would love to see the melts if our relationship with GWS ment we could swap some later picks for another first rounder which is entirely possible
They don't need another 3 top 10 picks they need more local players who will stick around if it gets tough
They've got another three or four highly rated academy picks that they will need points for, so strong possibility of this occurring again in some way.

I could see us looking to move an ANB or AVB for a second rounder, that along with our normal second might get us one of the GWS first rounders (points considered).

We need a big KPD and a better version of Pedo.

Any chance we can snag a second rounder for Melksham?

That would be bizarre, sign a guy to a 4 year deal then trade him after 1 year? I'd rather Melksham than the 2nd rounder tbh, think he'll play a role at HBF in 2017. He will be playing the role Michie is now, and no matter what you think of him, he is still a much better option than Michie.

I could see us looking to move an ANB or AVB for a second rounder, that along with our normal second might get us one of the GWS first rounders (points considered).

We need a big KPD and a better version of Pedo.

It is hard now because I feel like I think we don't have many 'duds' anymore on the list, so I'm loath to trade anyone. Doubt we'd trade ANB and AVB after two years on the list though.

It is hard now because I feel like I think we don't have many 'duds' anymore on the list, so I'm loath to trade anyone. Doubt we'd trade ANB and AVB after two years on the list though.
ANB is realistically circa the 30th player on our list.

AvB also is interesting. Trengove, Brayshaw, Lamumba and even Melksham are probably ahead of him and none of them are in our side right now...

ANB is realistically circa the 30th player on our list.

AvB also is interesting. Trengove, Brayshaw, Lamumba and even Melksham are probably ahead of him and none of them are in our side right now...

Yeah some of those on here love AVB (Tempy Tiger I think you're one of them), I rate him but we have pretty good depth on the midfield and flanks now, and if we don't s**t the bed performance wise it'll be hard for guys to work their way back in.

That would be bizarre, sign a guy to a 4 year deal then trade him after 1 year? I'd rather Melksham than the 2nd rounder tbh, think he'll play a role at HBF in 2017. He will be playing the role Michie is now, and no matter what you think of him, he is still a much better option than Michie.

It was a joke...

Maybe he'll turn it around but I still find it hard to justify that we gave a second rounder for him. Oh well, it's all in the past now. To the future we go.

If we get rid of ANB we will regret it. If you think Harmes is better you need your head read.

Harmes is the one id happily give up at the end of the year for something. Hopefully some clubs get sucked in by the stat and sheet and rising star nom this week. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we get rid of ANB we will regret it. If you think Harmes is better you need your head read.

Harmes is the one id happily give up at the end of the year for something. Hopefully some clubs get sucked in by the stat and sheet and rising star nom this week. :thumbsu:
Let's keep both and test the market value on Matt Jones and Michie. Okay so it's clearly low, but Buckley and Pies are shaping up as the decision making duds of the moment so maybe he might bite. They already know Howe so would have a built in buddy.

Let's keep both and test the market value on Matt Jones and Michie. Okay so it's clearly low, but Buckley and Pies are shaping up as the decision making duds of the moment so maybe he might bite. They already know Howe so would have a built in buddy.

We have two premiership stars available, one is a leader who just so happens to be a dashing half back flanker who enjoys expressing himself by kicking high long balls and putting his teammates under pressure with handballs, the other is a big bodied brute of a centre half forward who cant mark or kick but is no worse than Cloke or Jesse White if he's interested?

From a team roles checklist perspective (using Hawthorn as the template), we're tracking really well I think -
  • tough, big bodied mids + extra flankers to rotate through (check)
  • multiple, mobile key forwards (check)
  • dominant ruckman (check - and nobody really has two of these - Hawks never really even had one)
  • dangerous high half forwards (I thought we only had Petracca for this early this year, but we now seem to have these coming out our ears - check)
  • crafty forward pocket (check)
  • One good key defender (check)
  • One excellent small stopper (check)
What I think we're lacking is a second key back, a convincing loose man backman (who can intercept mark and has the skills to create), and the pure silk half back/winger.

The first two roles we may already have (OMac, Garland (circa 2013/4), Wagner), but I'm not convinced of the third. Some cream on top, and a ready to go, top class defensive asset are where I think we will spend our picks and pieces this year.

Amazing to think we've gotten here considering the dearth of tradeable players and quality on the list 4 years ago. Recruiters, coaches and Admin have done a sensational job.

We have two premiership stars available, one is a leader who just so happens to be a dashing half back flanker who enjoys expressing himself by kicking high long balls and putting his teammates under pressure with handballs, the other is a big bodied brute of a centre half forward who cant mark or kick but is no worse than Cloke or Jesse White if he's interested?
If you can bear to part with three quarters of that incisive summary, you could probably be trusted with the trade discussions.

Definitely gone:
Terlich
JKH

In big trouble:
Dawes
M Jones
Mitch King
White

Thoughts?
Totally support - nothing coming back the other way though. I'm being unfair though because I don't know enough about King or White. What makes you put them in the laundry basket at this point?

Definitely gone:
Terlich
JKH

In big trouble:
Dawes
M Jones
Mitch King
White

Thoughts?
First thought is wrong King ... Mitch is the new one.

Amazingly I think M Jones may be safe, has been pretty good while on the park. Dawes will get a chance to prove he's worth keeping around on a heavily discounted price at some stage this year.

First thought is wrong King ... Mitch is the new one.

Amazingly I think M Jones may be safe, has been pretty good while on the park. Dawes will get a chance to prove he's worth keeping around on a heavily discounted price at some stage this year.

Thanks for that, changed it. We have to ditch at least 3 senior listed players, and White/King are rookies. Also I forgot Michie.

AVB isn't getting traded, you don't pluck a guy out if the neafl have him play above expectations then trade him
Just cause a guy isn't in the starting 22 on paper In some people eyes doesn't mean you trade him because it's showing more now that you need a squad in afl

ANB is a devoloping second year player who got game time last year an impressed , it just so happens we have incredible inside mid depth now
We have finally built a team culture let's not trade it away
I reckon Michie and white will go from the rookie list and newton delisted and will be moved there

Terlich and Matt Jones will be delisted
There's your 3 changes depending on whether they upgrade wagner this year or next
Hopefully dawes and potentially grimes on the trade table tho I like grimes as back up for Jetta

Grimes is a FA this year, you'd think he'll be looking at his options at another club. For reference, Watts is also a RFA whilst Spencer and Jetta are unrestricted FAs.

Total list of players OOC for us in 2016, I've grouped it into my opinion on who we should definitely/maybe/definitely not resign (At this stage, obviously things could change):

Keep
Jetta
Watts
Tyson
Frost
Garlett
TMac
OMac
Kent
Harmes
Hunt
Pedersen
Spencer

Unsure
Dawes
Grimes
White
Trengove
Wagner
Max King

Delist
M Jones
Terlich
Michie
Newton

Would love Trenners to be in the keep bracket, but he needs to break into the side this year IMO. I love him and really think he could be a very good AFL player, but he has to get on the park and prove us right. Wagner is going alright but is a rookie upgrade

Last edited:
Honestly can't see us getting rid of Newton. I think Michie and Matt Jones will be kept as depth. Terlich is a definite gone. Really hard delisting period coming up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back