JKH

In big trouble:
Dawes
M Jones
Max King
White
Michie

Thoughts?
Distinct lack of Grimes. RFA too so he is all but gone.

The list is in pretty good shape and with no first round pick we don't have to go crazy with the delistings.

Terlich the only player I would say 100% gone.

Dawes and M.Jones would be next most likely imo as they are older and not really part of the long term plan.

Grimes not getting games would likely want to go somewhere else but not sure there would be too many takers, would keep him for depth.

JKH, Michie and Newton are all young enough to improve there games and be at least depth players for now but they are also options to delist if we don't think they have what it takes.

No way we can delist any ruckman. Spencer is our only ready made depth ruck and the King boys need time to develop.

Do we all all of a sudden not rate VDB as best 22? He has been injured its not like he's been struggling along at Casey not able to get a game. He has an incredible amount of upside potential.

You raise a good point about the beneficiaries of the "go home" factor, not to mention the "I'm traitorous scum" factor, Jeremy Howe for example, who just want to go to the green grass on the other side of the fence. The whole system at present (players selecting where they want to go in spite of Free Agency or contract status) will continue to see the rich getting richer as it were.

Although in the O'Meara scenario, he's actually from WA ... so basically, he just wants the hell out of QLD ... which after the weather up here the last few days, he can't be blamed.
Im enjoying the fact that Melbourne is having a better year (currently) that Collingwood, serve him right.

He Jumped the fence and went and trained at the Holden Centre, when he could of been here reaping the rewards of hard work and commitment at demonland, but it wont take long until The magpies see that Howe is just a One trick pony.

Still wont stop me form booing him on QB Day Clash

I could see us looking to move an ANB or AVB for a second rounder, that along with our normal second might get us one of the GWS first rounders (points considered).

We need a big KPD and a better version of Pedo.
The only thing i see wrong with moving on some of these kids, especially ANB is that dont we want to hold on to them and get some Maturity into them?
instead of just trading them out for more kids then repeating the cycle? Mature bodies

If by and chance Fyfe did want to come to a team in Victoria once Freos Deplorable season is over (Oh wait, it already is finished!), how much would we have to throw at him to lure him our of WA?
Cmon dees, lets make a play.
Looking at Premiers in the last 15 years I can't really list any team that traded young assets for an established elite player.

The mega deals for Judd and the Freo - Hawthorn trade of 2001 didn't help the clubs getting the established players. It seems like most premiers have drafted a strong core of young guns that stick together and then astutely trade and pick up some gems in the late rounds.

I would love to have Fyfe but i don't it would work out for us.

Im enjoying the fact that Melbourne is having a better year (currently) that Collingwood, serve him right.

He Jumped the fence and went and trained at the Holden Centre, when he could of been here reaping the rewards of hard work and commitment at demonland, but it wont take long until The magpies see that Howe is just a One trick pony.

Howe wouldn't be getting a game with us regardless if he decided to stay. No way he would be best 22. So glad he's gone tbh..

Do we all all of a sudden not rate VDB as best 22? He has been injured its not like he's been struggling along at Casey not able to get a game. He has an incredible amount of upside potential.
Who does he come in for? He's a mid. Best spot for him currently has a Truck parked in it. He's fighting for that last spot in the middle with Gus and Oliver.

If by and chance Fyfe did want to come to a team in Victoria once Freos Deplorable season is over (Oh wait, it already is finished!), how much would we have to throw at him to lure him our of WA?
Cmon dees, lets make a play.

hqdefault.jpg

I still rate him, but he does need to improve his fitness, speed and endurance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've finally got round to watching the replay. If we fun after someone this trade period it should be Adam Saad. .. guy is exactly what we need.

I've finally got round to watching the replay. If we fun after someone this trade period it should be Adam Saad. .. guy is exactly what we need.
Rumours are going around Saad wants to leave, i'd actually go after Saad above prestia due to our influx of inside mids

Rumours are going around Saad wants to leave, i'd actually go after Saad above prestia due to our influx of inside mids

We don't need another inside mid as much as a really good running defender.... so I agree. I'd even pay over the odds. Watching this is making me feel like we shouldn't put a godfather deal in front of hogan if it hurts our ability to retain mids or get good running half backs

We don't need another inside mid as much as a really good running defender.... so I agree. I'd even pay over the odds. Watching this is making me feel like we shouldn't put a godfather deal in front of hogan if it hurts our ability to retain mids or get good running half backs
Exactly, but i keep forgetting we have Melksham that should come into play that role next year. Remembering now, where would Saad fit into a settled defence?

Exactly, but i keep forgetting we have Melksham that should come into play that role next year. Remembering now, where would Saad fit into a settled defence?

I'm hearing a lot about melksham.... but I've not seen anything anywhere near saads level when he was at essendon. He plas ahead of Wagner and hunt, so there's two spots he coukd take

Problem is he doesn't know what that means.

Good riddance to that lazy soft pisswreck

What about Sam Day from GC.. Play as a third tall forward/relief ruck/swingman better than Frost.. And then use Frost as KPD.. Not sure who or what GC would want that we'd be willing to give up though?

What about Sam Day from GC.. Play as a third tall forward/relief ruck/swingman better than Frost.. And then use Frost as KPD.. Not sure who or what GC would want that we'd be willing to give up though?
Doubt Gold Coast will trade him, seems settled too

I reckon they'd take anyone without an injury history

Slow as treacle and showed it against Hogan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back