News Dons ASADA scandal (Latest: Pg 101 - CAS verdict. Guilty, 12 months.)

Remove this Banner Ad

More that our game and the culture in/around it are somehow special, somehow unique, that Aussie rules players should be given greater leniency. Oh, yes, he may have taken a banned drug but he's a good bloke and I respect the bloke because he's the best good bloke to have bloked in the history of blokeing and the bloke should keep his Brownlow because he's a good bloke.

That sort of thing.

That's the only argument I've heard so far and it was disappointing to hear it from Pendles. That said, what can he say? "Yeah, f### him and his lying mates."

If it were me I'd just say that the whole series of events has been unfortunate for football and I look forward to the code reaching a conclusion and moving on. Better for our skipper to stay out of this one.

I'm (still) shocked to be sitting here...

That's the only argument I've heard so far and it was disappointing to hear it from Pendles. That said, what can he say? "Yeah, f### him and his lying mates."

If it were me I'd just say that the whole series of events has been unfortunate for football and I look forward to the code reaching a conclusion and moving on. Better for our skipper to stay out of this one.

He could have palmed it off and said 'I'm not able to comment on that mate' or something. That said I don't really care what players say in the media anymore, their hands are tied it's just all so fake. He could go out there and say he thinks we'll finish 18th and will do his best to make that happen, and I wouldn't give a s**t (unless he decided to substantiate that on the field :p), because it'd be about as truthful as any other line they spruik.

Stephen Peak (SEN Presenter): "The CAS decision is a travesty, it is unfair, nothing was proven against the players there was no evidence what-so-ever, CAS got it totally wrong, they were biased and the players are completely innocent"

Caller to SEN: "Stephen, have you read the CAS findings?"

Stephen Peak: "Well, no, I haven't"

Stephen Peak (SEN Presenter): "The CAS decision is a travesty, it is unfair, nothing was proven against the players there was no evidence what-so-ever, CAS got it totally wrong, they were biased and the players are completely innocent"

That just about sums up the media reporting from day 1.

That is a stunning admission for someone paid to interpret the findings then comment on them.

That's just absurd.

Shows what an Idiot Peak and SEN are

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Covered by Insurance hey. Why wouldn't you give it a crack. What is the basis of the appeal though? Other than the fact that they didn't like the decision. I thought I heard that any appeal had to be heard based on an error in law being made at the original hearing, rather than the actual decision. I believe these appeals can take many months just to get a hearing date and are rarely successful. Wonder if the lawyers are pushing for it knowing that the Insurance Co is coming to the party. Gravy train guaranteed!

But it wasn't "unproven". CAS proved the case using the "strands" standard
TB4 a banned substance which was on the banned list WAS taken by the players.
The players also knowing lied to ASADA and one player knowing lied to his own Doctor

Read the CAS findings....please
CAS can say whatever they they want. They have no obligation or power "in Law". No law has been broken , no illicit drug taken, or even claimed to have been taken.
The WADA/ASADA/CAS case was absolutely unproven. It was not even tested in a court of law. Get a handle on reality. These are political organisations which deal solely with the politics of sporting organisations. Not law.

A goal is worth six points to us when we kick one. It is worth the same to the other team. This is not law. It is though the rules of a game we love and it is part of the fairness of competing equally. It is only by agreement and in the language of the rules. It is not real as you say. What do you believe in though?

I know a lot of good blokes who take drugs.
Jobe isn't the only one.

Sure you get a little pissed off when they start stealing your stuff, but still just because you take it doesn't mean you can't be a good bloke.

Jobe is just a good bloke who took drugs. Don't be judgemental.

He may have run a little quicker and longer, and my mates seemed to also develop super human strength when they are on the gear.

But remember it's not necessarily mutually exclusive.

Taking Drugs = good bloke. It is a possibility.

Just had someone who's very legit tell me that Hird is planning to sue the club this year.

Would be spectacular if true.

Just had someone who's very legit tell me that Hird is planning to sue the club this year.

I would love that. Who would Robbo side with Then?

How could he Sue when he was the one in Charge?

If true, I'd love to see that happen as well. It would be good if the many delusional Essendon supporters who still think of him as a saint could finally get to see what a disgraceful POS he really is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back