News Dons ASADA scandal (Latest: Pg 101 - CAS verdict. Guilty, 12 months.)

Remove this Banner Ad

the problem with robbo is he is to much of a fan and not enough of a journalist to make an informed
comment
He just always starts to get the tears up anytime someone is crying and just makes irrational comments. What in fact he doesn't realise that he is saying is that cheating is OK, clean athletes should be punished, lying to authorities is not a problem.....

He's just a poor decision maker, and that comes through in his journalism.

the only time l have heard he say the right things is when wheatly on 360 takes him on and makes robbo
think like a journo, but lasts for for 5 min unfortunately

In fact once found guilty WADA rules dictate than any Medals or Awards won must be striped from the individual

"...unless fairness dictates otherwise."

There is no way known that they will suspend all these players for a season, then say "Oh, but Jobe is such a nice fellow, it would be ever so unfair to take his Brownlow from him". Particularly after CAS described his evidence as "wholly unconvincing".

Side note - The Court has arbitrated on this discretionary wording on the past in other sports. It's knocked WADA back - WADA have argued that they MUST disqualify results in competitions after positive samples, in spite of this "fairness" discretion, but CAS sided with the athlete (this was a Commonwealth Games thing), saying that WADA should use this discretion, where appropriate, if it is “...applied in good faith, without bias, error, or undue influence.”

I would argue that banning 32 players for a year but letting one of them keep a medal would be a fundamental error.

Bye bye Brownlow.

"Jobe should keep his Brownlow Medal
I was a sheep and I was wrong. Like many others, I thought Jobe Watson should lose his Brownlow Medal, writes MARK ROBINSON."

When I read that I thought Robo meant the following
I was a sheep and I was wrong. Like many others, I thought Essendon were not drug cheats, writes MARK ROBINSON."

Sorry my mistake Robo :oops:

Robbo has made the Herald Sun the Peptide Bummers Postive Propaganda machine

the only time l have heard he say the right things is when wheatly on 360 takes him on and makes robbo
think like a journo, but lasts for for 5 min unfortunately

and When Buckly every Monday Night makes him look like an Idiot

The AFL will be a "laughing stock" if Jobe Watson keeps his Brownlow Medal and those who deny that should know better, says Dwayne Russell.

The Sports Today host said there was no way the Essendon champion could keep the award, given the 12-month doping ban he'd since been handed for that season.

"If the AFL ignores the (CAS) decision and lets Jobe keep his Brownlow, it'll be the laughing stock of the other athletes of this country," he said on 3AW.

"It'll probably draw the ire of the Australian Government and I think it will make our code look stupid."

Dwayne said many were having their views clouded because Watson was seen as a "good bloke."

http://www.3aw.com.au/news/dwayne-r...or-jobe-watsons-brownlow-20160204-gmm2hs.html

That's a CRAZY GOOD slapdown! :drunk:

(As an aside, not Pendles' finest moment either...)

1st Thing I have Read/Heard from Dwayne that makes Sense

That moment when Dwayne "FROM THE PAINT!" Russell makes more sense than the Chief Football Writer of the Herald Sun newspaper...:$

(As an aside, not Pendles' finest moment either...)

All the Players will Support the Peptide Bummers Cheats because of the Union.

Pendles was a Big Advocate for our 2 Drug Cheats to come back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1st Thing I have Read/Heard from Dwayne that makes Sense

All the Players will Support the Peptide Bummers Cheats because of the Union.

Pendles was a Big Advocate for our 2 Drug Cheats to come back
That not exactly a correct statement. Yes, they are banned for taking an illegal drug, but the circumstances behind it are not untoward.
They were silly and stupid by taking an elicit drug. Now they have paid the price by tainting their reputations and the loss of income. For all we know they may never play the game at the elite level again, but I would hardly call them drug cheats.

To be considered a cheat you must first know that what you are taking is going to enhance you ability to perform a task and put you at an advantage to others.

That not exactly a correct statement. Yes, they are banned for taking an illegal drug, but the circumstances behind it are not untoward.
They were silly and stupid by taking an elicit drug. Now they have paid the price by tainting their reputations and the loss of income. For all we know they may never play the game at the elite level again, but I would hardly call them drug cheats.

To be considered a cheat you must first know that what you are taking is going to enhance you ability to perform a task and put you at an advantage to others.
No. To be a cheat, you must willingly break the rules to get an unfair advantage. Reporting of any administered substance is one of those rules . And they all broke them. Jobe included. That we do know . What they took and what the effect of those substances was on his performance, we don't know either. Because they choose NOT to play by the rules and hide that information. Sad for him personally, the walk down from Olympus to face mortality is indeed a lonely one.

I'm surprised CAS had the power to enforce an unproven case simple to save WADA face internationally, but have to eat humble pie as I was certain the WADA had zero teeth.
That said...No illicit drugs were ever even claimed to have been taken and certainly no illegal drugs were taken.
The case revolves around amino substances banned in competition by WADA or covered by a loose catch all clause added after 2012 by WADA.

I'm surprised CAS had the power to enforce an unproven case simple to save WADA face internationally, but have to eat humble pie as I was certain the WADA had zero teeth.
That said...No illicit drugs were ever even claimed to have been taken and certainly no illegal drugs were taken.
The case revolves around amino substances banned in competition by WADA or covered by a loose catch all clause added after 2012 by WADA.
But it wasn't "unproven". CAS proved the case using the "strands" standard
TB4 a banned substance which was on the banned list WAS taken by the players.
The players also knowing lied to ASADA and one player knowing lied to his own Doctor

Read the CAS findings....please

The reference was about the 2 Collingwood boys. The Essendon 34 are guilty, there is nothing to debate.

In that they can think they can do what every they want and never get into Trouble?

More that our game and the culture in/around it are somehow special, somehow unique, that Aussie rules players should be given greater leniency. Oh, yes, he may have taken a banned drug but he's a good bloke and I respect the bloke because he's the best good bloke to have bloked in the history of blokeing and the bloke should keep his Brownlow because he's a good bloke.

That sort of thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back