2016 Pre-Season (All news, press conferences, training reports, Photos)

Remove this Banner Ad

I am going to Christchurch and queenstown for a 2 week holiday in early September with the family. Got any highlights for me?

Bring clothes for 4 seasons. Its been 32 degrees here once, the rest of the time its been low 20's, sometimes mid teens.

The ruck is a coin toss even when only one person competes...

I remember the dogs v freo game last year where they effectively didn't play a ruck...I seem to remember Lin Jong rucking?...and the dogs actually won the clearances...

I remember the dogs v freo game last year where they effectively didn't play a ruck...I seem to remember Lin Jong rucking?...and the dogs actually won the clearances...

You need your ruckman to be able to provide a contest at ground level I reckon.

The ruck is a coin toss even when only one person competes...
hit outs the most over rated stat in the game, hit outs to advantage on the other hand.
You need your ruckman to be able to provide a contest at ground level I reckon.
yep. that's why i see stefan martin and todd goldstein as the 2 best ruckman in the competition, they're virtually extra mids. nic natanui is great but doesn't get the numbers of the other 2.
aaron sandilands does a job for freeo but does not do anywhere near enough around the ground, should take a lot more contested marks forward and kick a lot more goals at 211cm. i also think the old style ruck play is a bit under used, just bash it forward clark keating style.
not a big fan of drafting in 18 year olds that are purely ruckman either, you waste 5/6 years developing them. just trade them in at 24. let richmond develop mabior chol and we'll take him back via the reverse go home factor.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hit outs the most over rated stat in the game, hit outs to advantage on the other hand.

yep. that's why i see stefan martin and todd goldstein as the 2 best ruckman in the competition, they're virtually extra mids. nic natanui is great but doesn't get the numbers of the other 2.
aaron sandilands does a job for freeo but does not do anywhere near enough around the ground, should take a lot more contested marks forward and kick a lot more goals at 211cm. i also think the old style ruck play is a bit under used, just bash it forward clark keating style.
not a big fan of drafting in 18 year olds that are purely ruckman either, you waste 5/6 years developing them. just trade them in at 24. let richmond develop mabior chol and we'll take him back via the reverse go home factor.:)

Just quietly Preuss is getting rave reviews from the North supporters (I know I know they are not renowned for the grasp of reality but still).

Just quietly Preuss is getting rave reviews from the North supporters (I know I know they are not renowned for the grasp of reality but still).

We've been raving about Schache like he's Wayne Carey, Brown, Lynch, Bradshaw and buddy rolled into one package so I'm not sure we can admonish the north fans for being excited about a young prospect

I think everyone just needs to tone the expectations down a little bit, more than likely we will be having a similar season to last year.

We've been raving about Schache like he's Wayne Carey, Brown, Lynch, Bradshaw and buddy rolled into one package so I'm not sure we can admonish the north fans for being excited about a young prospect

Well.. Comes down to who's right ultimately.

But good on Preuss. No bad thing for us if he works out well.

I think everyone just needs to tone the expectations down a little bit, more than likely we will be having a similar season to last year.

I cant get excited about footy with that kind of attitude. I hope we are going to have a break out West Coast like year every season. The disappointment that invariably follows will one day be replaced with pure joy when it actually occurs :)

I'm thinking we'll sneak into 8th.

I cant get excited about footy with that kind of attitude. I hope we are going to have a break out West Coast like year every season. The disappointment that invariably follows will one day be replaced with pure joy when it actually occurs :)

I'm thinking we'll sneak into 8th.
thumbs up CarloLion, i am sure the players and coaching staff would be thinking that too. optimism >>>> pessimism can be a self fulfilling prophecy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back