List Mgmt. 2016 Trade and Free Agency Targets Part 1

Who do you hope we target?

• Daniel Rich - Brisbane Lions (Free Agent)

Votes: 21 7.5%
  • Jaeger O'Meara - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 112 40.1%
  • Dion Prestia - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 53 19.0%
  • Tom Lynch - Gold Coast Suns(Trade)

Votes: 24 8.6%
  • Ollie Wines - Port (Trade)

Votes: 55 19.7%
  • Other

Votes: 65 23.3%
  • Peter Wright - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 23 8.2%
  • Tom Rockliff

Votes: 15 5.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure I heard on the radio yesterday that compensation for free agents is going to be stopped. Anyone got any idea about that?
Hope so or if they aren't stop, they should at least all be third round start or something.

Other teams shouldn't suffer moving down spots in the first round because a player leaves another club

Hope so or if they aren't stop, they should at least all be third round start or something.

Other teams shouldn't suffer moving down spots in the first round because a player leaves another club
I think lower ended teams need some sort of benefit. Because if youre a team down the bottom, no one wants to stay. Players will be impatient and want immediate success.
Maybe give the bottom 4 teams an extra $400k in the cap for one year.
Additionally, in an ideal world the AFL is supposed to work like a cycle, you spend a few years up the top you spend a few down the bottom.
NM96-00 up the top, Lions 01-04 at the top, WCE + SWANS 05-06 top, STK 08-10. Pies 10-11
I think this will affect the cycle and stronger teams will continue to benefit, not sure we'll ever see a downfall of Hawthorn, Sydney anytime soon.

I think lower ended teams need some sort of benefit. Because if youre a team down the bottom, no one wants to stay. Players will be impatient and want immediate success.
Maybe give the bottom 4 teams an extra $400k in the cap for one year.
Additionally, in an ideal world the AFL is supposed to work like a cycle, you spend a few years up the top you spend a few down the bottom.
NM96-00 up the top, Lions 01-04 at the top, WCE + SWANS 05-06 top, STK 08-10. Pies 10-11
I think this will affect the cycle and stronger teams will continue to benefit, not sure we'll ever see a downfall of Hawthorn, Sydney anytime soon.
I think it's more extending the shelf life whilst your at the top. Once Mitchell and Hodge pull the pin then they will fall. best you could hope for is a Geelong style surgical rebuild where you still have a superstar in his prime and then add another and hope that's enough to compete

I think it's more extending the shelf life whilst your at the top. Once Mitchell and Hodge pull the pin then they will fall. best you could hope for is a Geelong style surgical rebuild where you still have a superstar in his prime and then add another and hope that's enough to compete
But even before Hodge and Mitchell go, they'll have something up their sleeve and lure JOM, or Shiel or Kelly or Whitfield, they are a well run club and are arguably the most attractive club that players want to go to.

apparently there's a big money offer from a melbourne club for neale. very big coin. i thought it was richmond but i'm starting to think maybe its hawthorn

So how much are we going to get for Tom Lee? 3rd rounder?
But of an overreaction I would have thought, would hold more value for us than on the trade table

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no doubt, but will he want to stay when he could probably get game time elsewhere?
He's lucky he's been with us and been offered a few contracts and shown patience compared to other teams that would have axed him a while ago.

I think Lee would be positive about the club for showing faith IMO

Turns 26 next year, for his own personal interests I hope he finds a new home.
Age for key defenders shouldn't really be a problem since they seem to be able to play to their mid 30's. Even if he's here for only anouther 4 years then he would be above average depth esp since Goddard is taking longer than many expected

He's lucky he's been with us and been offered a few contracts and shown patience compared to other teams that would have axed him a while ago.

I think Lee would be positive about the club for showing faith IMO
I like your optimism and can only hope you're right. I'd hate for him to play well in other team colours

I like your optimism and can only hope you're right. I'd hate for him to play well in other team colours
Trust me I'm never an optimist about us, but I feel Tom isn't leaving at all

We are looking at a couple of FA, not stars but would add to our list if we acquired them. They still may re-sign yet.
We do have some bigger name trade targets, one we enquired about last trade period who is OOC this year, and another who we have spoken to in last week's. We also some young players who we rated in their draft year who may be interested in a return home.
Right now, to put some supporters minds at ease, O'Meara is not on our board. Not to say that couldn't change though.
Also, wrong thread I know, but I'm very upset for Freezer's latest setback but it's very, very minor. It's not a tear or strain in any way, he just felt a little tight so we now wind him back to ensure it doesn't go. Bloody frustrating but we are slowly getting there with him. Just don't give up on the kid no matter how frustrating his situation gets.
Come on MG few names for the gang. Surely gws boys marchbank , Hayes and Tomlinson are few names to spring too mind in replacing Dempster/ fisher

Come on MG few names for the gang. Surely gws boys marchbank , Hayes and Tomlinson are few names to spring too mind in replacing Dempster/ fisher

Come on, MG, just between you and us...we won't tell a soul ;)

Richo doesn't rate defenders so Marchbank surely not a target! I'd think we are looking closely at Giants and Suns, plus a couple of youngsters out West.

Richo doesn't rate defenders so Marchbank surely not a target! I'd think we are looking closely at Giants and Suns, plus a couple of youngsters out West.
If Richo doesn't rate defenders why did we get Carlisle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back