Traded Jordan Dawson traded to Adelaide for F1 (Melb)

If he leaves, what should Sydney get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st round pick

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other second round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Only bright side out of this deal for the Swans is just further re-enforcing the need for academies in non-traditional states.

Finlayson, M.Kennedy, Setterfield and Zac Williams were all GWS academy players who requested trades interstate. The academy system isn’t a solution to player retention issues.

Out of contract. Negotiations don't have to be equitable because of the PSD threat.
Hahahahaha - well "negotiations" on BF dont. But ....yeah they kinda do need to be IRL.

He isnt Hatley who was a highly rated junior with no AFL form. He is 3rd in our BnF and 24 years old in a very skilled position.

Unless Crows trade and split pick 4, this trade will go to final hour of trade period. Can't see you winning in that scenario. Dawson has far to much at risk.

I agree. Mostly by your mob.

swans understand he wants to get home. Aren’t asking 2 x firsts or similar crazy overs. Port fans valuing him at 16 plus a fringe player is completely equitable.

BF has no impact on reality or what he is traded for!!
True that BF is a fantasy land of mixed opinion.
But the blow torch is still hot on Swans fans right now!
We know that feeling well... remember Tippett.

We do!

True that BF is a fantasy land of mixed opinion.
But the blow torch is still hot on Swans fans right now!
We know that feeling well... remember Tippett.

We do!
Umm this was raised in the last page. Not sure its relevant. The Crows cheated, Tippett acted unprofessionally in a mutually assured destruction kinda way as a result there was NO PICKS we could give to the crows as they were banned from draft.....for cheating.

I dont think the Swans showered themselves in glory, but not sure why you are blaming us?

Umm this was raised in the last page. Not sure its relevant. The Crows cheated, Tippett acted unprofessionally in a mutually assured destruction kinda way as a result there was NO PICKS we could give to the crows as they were banned from draft.....for cheating.

I dont think the Swans showered themselves in glory, but not sure why you are blaming us?
It's such a weird one to hold a grudge over. Would Crows fans have rathered Tippett stay on a huge salary for 5 years with all his iniury troubles that followed?

Crows supporters bringing up Tippett is just embarrassing. How long ago was that and we f’ed up.
Yeah exactly, you don't see us bringing up Luke Johnston. ;)

Tippett situation was created by your club’s salary cheating and nothing else
Regardless, we owe you for your part in it.
You offered pick 23 and Jessie White. Crows said they would take 23 without White, and Swans said no, it had to include White as you wanted his salary off your books. Talk about scumbags.
Don't expect Adelaide to do you any favours with this. There is no love lost between our clubs. Now we have the upper hand, expect us to use it.

North would absolutely take him and his salary. Who else are they going to spend it on.

Then if he doesn’t want to play for North he’d be forced to sit out the year like McCarthy did a few years back. The PSD isn’t an option.
No chance. He wants back in SA and no club is going to go through the BS of trying to get him into the club, knowing he doesn't want to be there and will be pissed that they took him.
Will not happen.

Regardless, we owe you for your part in it.
You offered pick 23 and Jessie White. Crows said they would take 23 without White, and Swans said no, it had to include White as you wanted his salary off your books. Talk about scumbags.
Don't expect Adelaide to do you any favours with this. There is no love lost between our clubs. Now we have the upper hand, expect us to use it.
New CEO, chairman, list manager, footy ops manager and coach and that’s just our end, expect the new guys to hold a grudge?

New CEO, chairman, list manager, footy ops manager and coach and that’s just our end, expect the new guys to hold a grudge?
yeah....shows the disconnect between BF Keyboard warriors and professional AFL staff.

Which is why PSD isnt relevant, why it will get done, and why pick 23 wont do it.

But lets keep talking about the PSD and pick 23, there arent any games on...He hasnt even nominated Crow FFS.

If he packs his bags, moves home to SA so his wife can be near her family for support, there is no way any club takes him before Adelaide in the PSD. Don't kid yourself. The Crows will engineer a salary that is way beyond his worth, which will be extended by a year after he signs on for SFA, therefore lowering his yearly salary.

Adelaide still owes Sydney for the way they handled the Tippett situation, so don't expect anything near his worth.
There is a big difference. Tippett had no respect for the Crows. Perhaps he saw early days what it was about, Taylor Walker being a former team mate of his.

Dawson will not leave the Swans in a bad way & we'll accept a fair & reasonable trade from either Crows or Port & allow Dawson to play in his home state.

He is good mates with Aliir I hear.

Hahahahaha - well "negotiations" on BF dont. But ....yeah they kinda do need to be IRL.

He isnt Hatley who was a highly rated junior with no AFL form. He is 3rd in our BnF and 24 years old in a very skilled position.

Unless Crows trade and split pick 4, this trade will go to final hour of trade period. Can't see you winning in that scenario. Dawson has far to much at risk.
Yes pick 23 may not do it. I have no issue offering a 2nd later pick as I know how good this bloke will be. But there is no way we are splitting Pick 4 to make the deal happen. Because a broken system says we don't have to and he's uncontracted.

The Swans I find tend to a be very reasonable club to trade with generally (they had every right to retain a still contracted Papley)

A deal with whichever SA club he nominates will get done.

I'm spitballing here, but would pick 23 and a future 2nd round pick from The Crows be enough if he nominates Adelaide (with maybe a later round pick going back Adelaide's way)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IF Dawson nominates us, I'd expect the deal to be sorted fairly quickly along the lines of pick 23 (25) and our 2022 second. Two seconds will be unders for a player of Dawson's calibre but a quick deal is helpful in getting further deals done. When you're getting a player like Dawson, two seconds is a bargain.

Swans quickly took unders for Mitchell, pick 12 was it? so they didn't get dragged into and the O'Meara quagmire that would play out to the 11th hour in the same trade period. Also took unders last year for Aliir so they could quickly move onto getting a desperately needed ruckman in Hickey.

Swans seem pragmatic, professional and fair traders and think we'll be the same. All the talk of PSD is just BF wanking, you don't risk, in any way, letting someone of the ilk of Dawson drift to the PSD and I doubt Dawson or his manager would be comfortable with that either, if you act in good faith towards your target, you get the deal done early.

IF Dawson nominates us, I'd expect the deal to be sorted fairly quickly along the lines of pick 23 (25) and our 2022 second. Two seconds will be unders for a player of Dawson's calibre but a quick deal is helpful in getting further deals done. When you're getting a player like Dawson, two seconds is a bargain.

Swans quickly took unders for Mitchell, pick 12 was it? so they didn't get dragged into and the O'Meara quagmire that would play out to the 11th hour in the same trade period. Also took unders last year for Aliir so they could quickly move onto getting a desperately needed ruckman in Hickey.

Swans seem pragmatic, professional and fair traders and think we'll be the same. All the talk of PSD is just BF wanking, you don't risk, in any way, letting someone of the ilk of Dawson drift to the PSD and I doubt Dawson or his manager would be comfortable with that either, if you act in good faith towards your target, you get the deal done early.
I agree with this……if the Swans and bulldogs have an agreement for their pick 17 (using 23 & our Hewitt compo or pick 31) then can see the above going through early-ish.

Why are Adelaide fans so much crazier than Port fans? Port fans are actually somewhat reasonable in their trade suggestions but Adelaide fans seem to be off in the clouds.

Saw this suggested - if Dawson picks Adelaide. A possible 3 way trade
Dawson to Crows
Crows pick 23 + Ladhams to Sydney
Crows Melbourne 2nd round pick they hold to port
Lol wtf.

why would port trade Ladhams for a future late pick (would be early 40’s pick after FA compo yeah?) from a premiership favourite in 2022 to help crows get dawson?

Who suggested it? A one eyed crows fan with a recent lobotomy? Why even bother reposting it here?

Lol wtf.

why would port trade Ladhams for a future late pick (would be early 40’s pick after FA compo yeah?) from a premiership favourite in 2022 to help crows get dawson?
its not a future late pick - its a 2021 current 2nd round pick. Your club is pushing Ladhams out it seems and a 2nd rounder is not unders

Reports quite clearly state that he is encouraged to explore his options if he wants more time as first ruck, as Lycett has that position at port for the time being. They are not pushing him out.
maybe so - but the reporting has suggested port have put him on the trade table (see the article above). Hence why a suggestion of possible a 3 way trade IF Dawson picked the crows. Although I am sure that the other port poster complaining above thinks he is worth pick 4 and dusty martin

I think the suggestion that Ladhams is worth a 2nd round pick being around the mark is far more likely to be the general acceptance - god only knows what you think he is worth but please don't insult us by saying he is worth a 1st rounder
The problem with you saying ladhams is worth a second round pick is that the pick you are suggesting is likely to be the last pick in the second round. He is clearly worth more than that and if that was all that was on offer then I could not see port trading him. If you suggested your second round pick, that might be a different story.

edit: I will leave you to this as you don’t need to be having the same conversation with two different people.

I think the suggestion that Ladhams is worth a 2nd round pick being around the mark is far more likely to be the general acceptance - god only knows what you think he is worth but please don't insult us by saying he is worth a 1st rounder
On what basis is a 23 year old contracted tall in the best 22 of a top four club only worth a pick in the late 30's?

Back