Traded Jordan Dawson traded to Adelaide for F1 (Melb)

If he leaves, what should Sydney get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st round pick

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other second round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Only bright side out of this deal for the Swans is just further re-enforcing the need for academies in non-traditional states.

Finlayson, M.Kennedy, Setterfield and Zac Williams were all GWS academy players who requested trades interstate. The academy system isn’t a solution to player retention issues.

23 is so grossly inadequate for someone like Dawson, if that forms the bulk of the deal the Swans list management team should be fired

Probably right but I cant see it being anything better than 23 and a swap of next years second for our future 3rd. I would like to be wrong but i just don't see it. We're always a little too generous at the trade table....

Wow, just got my post deleted which was just the post of Cleary saying Dawson picked the crows. Touchy Swans mod
Me too. Didn't think I was anywhere near the rules, never mind breaking them.
Oh well.... it's been a great afternoon all the same.

I’d do pick 23 and a 2022 2nd. Seems fairer than 23 and a future 3rd

I highly doubt we’re splitting pick 4, Nicks and Kelly have stated we plan to use it

Can we simply ban PSD chat on here? Swans wont send him there, and crows could be ABSOLUTELY CRAZY to resort to that by offering way unders.
But Crows did it with Hately. It's a threat that I think should be done away with.

Do we need a PSD?

Couldn't we get players to just nominate a state and be done with the whole player nominations of club? Unless they are a free agent, I dont think they should have a choice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d do pick 23 and a 2022 2nd. Seems fairer than 23 and a future 3rd

I highly doubt we’re splitting pick 4, Nicks and Kelly have stated we plan to use it

99% sure we won’t be splitting 4 for a guy that’s had one great year. Ports pick is about his price so if we can package something up for the Dogs first rounder plus a late pick that should do it

Would crows do a future first and back themselves in 2022?

I wouldn't have thought so. Think 2 second round picks and maybe something else going back either way gets it done.

Sucks for the Swans, but their hands are tied.

Only way for Swans not to get screwed is to offer the Dawson $$$ to McAskey or Dodee and get them to request a trade to Swans.

McEasy just re-signed at the Crows and Doodee is their next captain so that ain't going to happen.

I know it sucks, but The Swans will unfortunately have to accept unders for a player of Dawson's calibre.

Unfortunately in these situations, many clubs have been shafted over the years.

Its not our fault you put a ridiculous clause in his contract that allowed him to get traded for a 2nd round pick.

He didn't get traded for a 2nd round pick in the end. Swans picked him up in the PSD.

It's not our fault that Dawson is out of contract and the Crows are in a good position to draft him through the PSD. Swans had the leverage last time, now the Crows have it.

Best we can do is pick 23 and future 2nd. Take it or leave it.

Back