• Darcy Fogarty

• Brodie Smith

• Lachlan Sholl

• Tom Doedee

• Jordon Butts

• Reilly O'Brien

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn’t listen to the broadcast but how much trouble are we in for Doedee using a mobile during the game? I thought that was a big no no and haven’t we been warned about this before?
I think they said he was cleared of the phone call , not sure if it was to do with him being subbed out so he couldn’t influence anything or if he had to get clearance to speak to family.

The real ugly for our season to date is how susceptible we are to violent, violent swings in matches.

Nugget in there is that part of those swings are our patches of brilliance, but there are some patches where we just shut down completely and cannot arrest momentum of the oppo.

I get it, we are still young and consistency will come and lead to less violent swings but geez it's a tough watch at the moment and knowing no lead is safe. I just want to see something tangible from Nicks when things go poorly like that. Just shut it all down and ride the wave.

The real ugly for our season to date is how susceptible we are to violent, violent swings in matches.

Nugget in there is that part of those swings are our patches of brilliance, but there are some patches where we just shut down completely and cannot arrest momentum of the oppo.

I get it, we are still young and consistency will come and lead to less violent swings but geez it's a tough watch at the moment and knowing no lead is safe. I just want to see something tangible from Nicks when things go poorly like that. Just shut it all down and ride the wave.
We need a midfield rotation that will straight line the ball and put them selves in harms way to equal the contest. We don't have that component as yet.

Gold Coast weren't playing at the same ground we were?

Would explain our second half
I was there. The ground is ******* perfect. Sure it was a tad humid but with a mild cool breeze. Perfect weather perfect ground. Warmer than usual for a winter football team but nothing extreme.

The second and third qtr capitulation was of our own doing. We were a shambles. No shape, outnumbered everywhere. Maybe losing Doedee contributed with some shuffling of positions but other than that we got complacent after Milera's goal and we were smacked for it until responding when the realisation set in that we were actually, you know, losing.

I want to use excuses too but there are none. Maybe the umpiring was a bit shitty for us at the end but we should have had that game iced well before half time given our lead.

To me this is the most disappointing loss for the season...so far...The boys got ahead of themselves, the mindset changed and we went to water.

Last edited:
Rebuild of the midfield just isn't working consistently.

Missing on Rozee and Butters in 2018 draft.
Missing on Anderson in 2019 draft. Thanks AFL. Missing on Serong when available instead of McAsey.
Missing on JHF in 2021.
Trading pick 5 for Rankine and missing on Humphrey.
I would do that Rankine trade again in a heartbeat, talk about over reaction to a loss.

I know for a fact this isn’t true. We demand double ups against big clubs like Collingwood, ask for at least one Thursday night game and try for at least two at the MCG. Unfortunately we cannot control when teams sell home games and we get lumped there.
Can't we demand 17 games in Adelaide like the 17 collingwood get in melbourne?..and never worry about playing at geelong, ballarat, Tasmania and the NT...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man, for a club with so little fans or history, Suns fans really are a bunch of flogs. Can't say I wish them any success whatsoever, especially given the handouts they've been gifted.

Look at the MB thread for reference.

One thing I haven't liked of late. Dawson trying to mark every pack mark and struggling to hold onto them (even though we've got a task going for the contest). He is then effectively out of the contest and we have one less player going for the ground ball.

I didn’t listen to the broadcast but how much trouble are we in for Doedee using a mobile during the game? I thought that was a big no no and haven’t we been warned about this before?
Commentators made a point of saying it was OKed by the AFL, he was calling his family to let them know how he was.

Man, for a club with so little fans or history, Suns fans really are a bunch of flogs. Can't say I wish them any success whatsoever, especially given the handouts they've been gifted.

I thought it was good banter. Every club's fans turn into arrogant dicks when they win.

I think they said he was cleared of the phone call , not sure if it was to do with him being subbed out so he couldn’t influence anything or if he had to get clearance to speak to family.

Probably not a big deal but I think if he wants to speak to family then the player needs to leave the bench.

I imagine the family wants to know after hearing how he is going what it means for his contract offers for next year.

I'm still hoping they make the finals.

A strong GC will he a coup for the comp. But the fans don't need to get too carried away.

It’s almost like we are still a young team that isn’t quite there yet
Without looking at the stat's, from memory our goal drought in qtr 2 and 3 wasn't just a midfield problem (although I would still argue a couple of top range mids still help this).

We were let down from the quality of our i50s, but I'd also be interested to know how many times we went to Walker. From my eye and the form he was in this particular game, it was far too often.

I thought it was good banter. Every club's fans turn into arrogant dicks when they win.
I'm still hoping they make the finals.

A strong GC will he a coup for the comp. But the fans don't need to get too carried away.
Yeah, look, I was still pissed off when I woke up and reading that thread just made things worse. Looking back on it, I don’t why I get so riled up and emotionally invested in what anonymous people on a football forum say, especially when it goes both ways. All it leads me to do is post s**t that makes me a dickhead, when I should take a few breaths and think.

Ah, I need a lie down.

We won't make finals if we can't win away.

we might make finals, but we won't win finals. Essendon winning today puts 7th a game of ahead 8th and with the number of clubs on 24 or 20 with a game to play, it's impossible to form a view yet. We've had the extra gather round home game, plus the usual port double up and we've beaten hawks and presumable eagles in round 22. Best Port again and it might be enough, but too early to worry about it. We're not contending, I'd rather hit a wall, slip to 14th and get the best mid available.

And whilst on this - the great - people still doing permutations to predict where we might be at the end of the round, which they've been doing since round 3. LOL.

Not the first time Witts has "owned" him either. Nicks dragged him for Murray to go into ruck as a statement, before putting him back on... and he still sucked.

Next week is time for another bold statement - ROB should be dropped. It's West Coast at home so we should get away with it. But it's still got to sting.

That's not our culture though. More like, "phew, Eagles at home this week, will be nice to see the struggling guys feast on an easy kill."

It is not, playing at a suburban ground vs a normal AFL venue is very different. Finals aren’t played in Ballarat and never will be, so why are teams forced to play there because the Bulldogs are poor?

I agree that interstate clubs shouldn't play at ballarat or Tassie, but it's not performance inhibiting, it reduces the oppo home ground advantage.

Back